Action groups and staging UI

Due to recent news about KSP interface being re-made by the dev team, I think that it is an opportunity to suggest and talk about part of the interface that could greatly benefit from the changes applied, staging and action groups UI.

I would like to suggest merging both systems together so staging is a sequence of action groups and every actions available on parts could be added or removed from staging sequence as well as any action groups could be added as items on staging list.

Every part actions currently visible in staging UI would be added to staging list by default so arranging staging would be done in the same way like it is done now but it would allow to modify every item on the list if we want to.

For example, we could throw away LES tower(or turn ON payload RCS/batteries) from staging and choose actions from any craft part to be used for staging sequence as every staging step can be edited as separate action group.

Also adding action group as an action in the staging list (I know, action group nesting !) could allow to organise action groups on the staging list in the same way like current grouping of the items on the staging list but it could be very beneficial if some day action groups could be executed in sequence instead simultaneously, especially with timers or conditional operators.

I would be interested to hear other opinions about the subject and ideas how staging and action groups interface should work and look in Your opinion.

Edited by karolus10

This would be good, maybe the best part of allowing each stage to be it's own action group it would be easier to make the number groups about collecting all the similar objects together, Solar panels, air intakes,....

It would be good to get say a switch stage which would alternate between two stages or even flip through multiple stages.

I guess that also it would be great if hot-key action groups would be separate for every command part, for example lander could use other action groups than orbiter despite being launched on single craft and it would make things more clear with multiple vehicles docked together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.