[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

ZIjz3LM.png

Have you ever said "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"? Now you can! We at Kerman & Kerman Orbit and
SurfaceStructures
are proud to present you the all new product line for Kerbals who want nothing more than to live on
another planet!

oKc4pB1.png

This mod adds several new parts that are designed to be used in a planetery base for the Kerbals.This includes Habitats,
Greenhouse, Laboratory, a Cupola derivative, Command-Center and others. It is designed to fit with the other stock parts
and feel as "Kerbal" as possible.

The mod has been released! Further development and discussion of this
mod will be continued in the
RELEASE THREAD

Edited by Nils277
added link to SpaceDock

Wow looking good, I think it is high time I made some planetary bases. Will be following the development and if I run across something I will let you know. Nice work!

@Nansuchao

I tried to keep the memory footprint as low as possible, many of the parts (e.g. all pipes and all containers) share the same texture. Also all textures used are in the *.dds format.

the parts dont work for me :c

they dont show on the VAB and on the SPH

Sorry about that, i renamed the folder from the working title to the new one and forgot to update the model-paths in the .cfg files.

As a hotfix, rename the folder "PlanetaryBaseInc" to "KerbalBaseInc" this should fix it. I will upload a fix ASAP!

The files are now updated and the parts will be available in the SPH and VAB. Just download the new version and override the old one.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :blush:

Wow. Finally some real-world looking base parts. Welcome to the forums man!

Thanks man! :D Been browsing the forums for some time now, but not really actively.

Looks great and will be testing it out soon.

Couple of suggestions "off the cuff" from what I have read and before I test it;

1) Stock Ore Processing Plant and Storage Tank

1.a) Tanks could additionally be made tweakable for various resource/fuel types utilizing mods like Interstellar Fuel Switch http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117932-1-0-Interstellar-Fuel-Switch-0-2

2) Get with ethernet and adapt it with his Station Science mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54774 i.e. "Ground Base Science"

2.a) This could open a Pandora's Box, leading to Extra-planetary Launch Pads http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59545-0-90-Extraplanetary-Launchpads-v5-0-2, etc.

Again, it looks great, and welcome to the forums. Cant wait to try this out!

why cant i retract the habitats?

The Habitat or any other module can't be retracted when a kerbal is inside of it. (This would eventually result in crushing him/her :wink:). Another cause might be that you don't have a kerbal in a command module, the Habitat does not function as command module.

Wow, these look great! Very nice work dude!

Any idea if they play well with other mods, such as mks/epl/etc.

As of now there is not really support for/interconnection with other mods. Planned is support for TAC-LS, USI Life Support, Snacks, ECLSS, Connected-Living Spaces, Kerbal Inventory System and CTT. These will be added eventually. MKS and EPL are still in consideration, when they are demanded/wished for by the community.

Looks great and will be testing it out soon.

Couple of suggestions "off the cuff" from what I have read and before I test it;

1) Stock Ore Processing Plant and Storage Tank

Storage tanks are already available (the two dark ones in the fifth image).

As for the other suggestions i'll take a look into it once the vanilla parts and the Life Support Mods are integrated.

can you add modular cargo bays or garages to storing rovers and etc? :D

Already thought about adding something like a garage or cargo-bay later. Aside from the missing IVAs and the support for other mods they will be added eventually. In the meantime you can still use the service-bay for a mini/nano rover.

Edited by Nils277