[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Amazing mod! Excellent work :)

I created modules for a mobile base, already tested in Kerbin.

Are you planning to make Xenon Gas container?

These models look really nice

Somehow everybody makes rovers...to be honest this option didn't even came into my mind :D

Btw. welcome to the forums :)

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? US compatibility for the cargo rack? That would be so useful.

Already experimeted with this but haven't found a satisfying container to fit them yet. I also want to use them

Errr I think so, but how are we going to convince Kerbals to wear purple spacesuits with pink polka-dots?

Somehow i have the tune from "Pinky and the brain" running in my ears again. :D

Edited by Nils277

Maybe the US thingy could be arranged somewhat like this clipped hex-core... but not a clipped hex-core...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It would hold two US thingies. That would make it a... bi-core or something. Also, it would be neat if we got a half service bay with one door as a cargo rack container.

Mobile lab / hab combo (they can separate)

0WDxkYcl.jpg

They're pretty stable together, but separately, they are a little precarious on just one set of treads. Sudden stops kill. Going to try with two sets, fore and aft.

Edited by Starwaster

Those are the Kerbal Foundries parts. They're on kerbal stuff I think, and the WIP thread is usually on the first page of the mod-dev forums. We're working hard on a new release. I'm unsure why sudden stops would cause a lot of problems. Under some of our new modules, this is a common problem due to the fact that the craft's weight is taken into account and doesn't have a lower bound to keep the parts from becoming too powerful under an extremely light load. I still intend to drill lo-fi (KF creator) on why that happens and how to dampen it.

Starwaster. What is the link for the caterpillar mod? :) Looks great with the [WIP] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems

Here's the forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84102

There's more than just the treads, though I elected to only installl those and the skids. (kerbals with antigrav don't exist in my sandbox; whether they exist in yours is up to you :))

I love it, totally charmed by your mod ! :) Keep going for your IVA because the greenhouse one is amazing :cool:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/28/1436393925-screenshot619.png

One thing that worries me with bases like that is the possibility of them falling through the terrain when loading in. Especially after working for days to build the damned things.

That's why I don't usually base :(

This mod is going to have me doing it again so... I worry

One thing that worries me with bases like that is the possibility of them falling through the terrain when loading in. Especially after working for days to build the damned things

So far, I have had no issues with mine falling through the terrain on Mun or Minmus. During initial loading, I see the base lift of the ground a meter or so and then rest back onto the surface. **Knocks on wood**

Mod doesnt work at all for me D:

Is it possible, that you still have the "old" version 0.1.0? This one didn't work because i renamed the folder. Version 0.1.1 should work.

I hate to doublepost, but an update for this mod was just uploaded. Now also on KerbalStuff :)

Download

KerbalStuff:

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

Curseforge:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/232217-kerbal-planetary-base-systems/files

Changes:

New Parts:

- Added the Habitat Module MK1 for two Kerbals
- Added the MAL top mounted control unit
New IVAs:

- Added the IVA for the Cupola
Enhancements:

- The doors are scaled up and repositioned.
- Added Stack-Nodes on top and bottom of the parts
- The windows now have a structural segment where they bend (no potential (theoretical) structural weakness)
- The deployable module now all mention the number of kerbals they can hold
- The current IVAs now have better lighing
- Some texure tweaks in the Habitat MK2
- Added flags to some of the modules
Mod Support:

- All the parts now support CLS
Bug fixes:

- The gangway-airlock and the habitat mk2 can now store experiments and the habitat mk2 now allows crew reports
- Repositioned the center of mass of some modules, it was slightly offset
- Corrected some typos in the descriptions
Additional:
- Added two flags
- Added K&K as agency for contracts

I renamed some the functions on of the plugin, so to have it function properly you have to delete the old folder.

The bases you have are not broken though. When the extendable modules behave funny just remove all Kerbals from them and deploy, retract them.

Some parts that didn't make it into this update:

Landing legs,

ISRU unit,

Heat-Shields.

They will be added in the next one.

The support for (many) other will will come in further updates.

Have fun! :D

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

I tried this on my previous save game, and when I went to an (unmanned) base on the Mun, the base was there, but the Mun was not.

OK, checked again, and with my minmus base as well. It is there, but below the surface. If I zoom out, I can see minmus. The moon is gone. Also, after going to them from the tracking station, I cannot change vessels in map view. Odd.

Edited by tater

Uhm...wow thats strange :0.0:

I tried this sevral times with my bases on minmus and kerbin. Both the moon and the base behave normal. Was your base directly on the ground or on landing legs?

Maybe this has happened because the collision meshes where scales down a bit and some modules COM was moved...

If you want you can send me your savegame so maybe i can figure out what went wrong.