[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

I'm really hyped for the update! That resource converter looks cool, good work! Also, I misused your base parts for building a Mun rover… The launch vehicle was the Ghidora 9 from this awesome mod. Here is the Imgur album. I plan on launching a crewed lander later on, but for now, it's unmanned.

That rover looks awesome!! Really nice :D

Amazing ISRU module :)

I have created my mobile base, only the ISRU is stocklike. I will upgrade my base with the new one ;)

http://imgur.com/a/Lq8lJ

Looks cool. Somehow it reminds me of a vehicle i saw in another game/film...but i can't remember where it was

80% speed not efficiency right? Cuz otherwise you're messing with the 1:1 mass conversion, which is a key balancing point of stock ISRU.

It runs at 80% speed right. I won't tinker with the 1:1 mass conversion :wink:

How much does it weigh? Because you can fit two of them in the same diameter as a normal ISRU, so that could be hilarious.

edy3145: I've been clipping ISRUs through the utility bays to make them a flatter platform, and making glorious processing towers. :D (It'd be less risky if it didn't have that central beam, of course, but we do what we can. ;) )

Edited by Reiver

How much does it weigh? Because you can fit two of them in the same diameter as a normal ISRU, so that could be hilarious.

[...]

It weighs ~75% of the normal ISRU. So you won't have a big advantage to use two of them. :wink:

Are you thinking about adding adapters to the mod?

The adapters are already done and will be in the next update.

Which will be btw. in less than 24 hours :wink:

Which will be btw. in less than 24 hours :wink:

Awesome, I love your mod. By far my favourite for ground bases.

Yeah I'll totally not be coming back here and check every 15 minutes now :D

Hi Nils277,

Suggestion times two and a question at the end!

A vehicle bay may be a good option, maybe twice as wide and a little taller that he service bay? My first thought for the service bay was not actually for storing items, but as a garage for rovers. However, a science jr doesn't quite fit, let alone putting it on wheels to drive it in.

As an extension to this I might be cheeky enough to ask for top opening one for vtol drones! This might be a step too far however, and a mk2 cargo bay (if you do base to mk2 adapters) would suffice okay.

If this isn't on the cards then I am happy to scarper my own suggestion by noting that future forays onto other heavenly bodies it is possible/probable that even the EVA suits are themselves never brought inside a pressurised habitat and will remain sealed on the external hull of a base. Yet for sheltering vehicles from storms on worlds with atmosphere it might not be such a bad idea!

The question is how the Kerman & Kerman Orbit and Surface Structures promotional photo was taken. The EVA tuxedo (without helmet) doesn't have the distinctive neck for attaching a helmet.

You have a great response time and I'm looking forward to your update soon. Congratulations as I post for CurseForge and KerbalStuff downloads totalling 4,600 so far!

Peace.

A garage is not really needed. If it fits the undeployed footprint, it's just not big enough to be useful. Deployed doesn't help part count, because the rover is still there, just invisible. Really for a "garage," we should be advocating for KIS to include the ability to store craft files. Then a garage has a volume, the craft has a volume, and when you park it, then close the door, the parts disappear (saving part count). That would be useful.

Edited by tater

A garage is not really needed. If it fits the underplayed footprint, it's just not big enough to be useful. Deployed doesn't help part count, because the rover is still there, just invisible. Really for a "garage," we should be advocating for KIS to include the ability to store craft files. Then a garage has a volume, the craft has a volume, and when you park it, then close the door, the parts disappear (saving part count). That would be useful.

Sounds like the Hangar mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933

Lol, i suggested a rover garage too, but its been pretty long since

Sorry for the double up EdusacconBR! I thought I did check back the twenty or so pages but didn't see it. I'm sure Nils277 picked it up before. We'll see what he decides works in with his vision.

A garage is not really needed. If it fits the undeployed footprint, it's just not big enough to be useful. Deployed doesn't help part count, because the rover is still there, just invisible. Really for a "garage," we should be advocating for KIS to include the ability to store craft files. Then a garage has a volume, the craft has a volume, and when you park it, then close the door, the parts disappear (saving part count). That would be useful.
Sounds like the Hangar mod

Thanks tater and Frizzon. That would be useful to remove parts to reduce part count. I was thinking of small rovers, that could go out for ScienceTM with only the basic supplies or collect visitors. Larger rovers would end up being a similar same size as the base and therefore would weather any storm just as happily as the base.

A garage would need to be just something a bit larger. Unfortunatly without tweakscale you can't design smaller than the size of your largest part. If KIS was enabled for craft files or Nils277 was able to integrate the Hanger Mod, for a workable rover for collecting said ScienceTM then a larger garage would still be needed.

Peace.

I think its time for another update :)

Changelog:

v0.1.4

New Parts:

• [*=1]Added the Planetary ISRU
    [*=1]Added the "Bigfoot" Landing Legs
    [*=1]Added Base to MK2 adapter
    [*=1]Added Base to Size1 adapter
    [*=1]Added Xenon Container
    [*=1]Added Stack-Separator for the Base-Profile
    [*=1]Added Bi-Cupler for two Bases to Size2
    [*=1]Added Heat-Shield with the Base Profile

Enhancements:

• [*=1]Scaled down the chairs in the IVA of Habitat MK2 so one can see the Kerbals face
    [*=1]Changed crew capaity of Habitat MK1 from 2 to 3
    [*=1]The Base parts can now also be found in a new profile category and in two new Manufaturer categories
    [*=1]Added new main filter for this mod with functions as subcategory

Bug fixes:

• [*=1]Habitat MK1 is now in the right science category
    [*=1]Several Typos and errors in the descriptions removed. Thanks to Wolf Baginski for pointing them out!
    [*=1]Scaled and mirrored some flags on the parts to be correct.

Also updated the screenshots in the main post ;)

Regarding the sorting of the Parts in the editor. They are still placed in the category they belong to. Putting them all in one Category was a bit confusing. But because the Poll showed that many want to have the parts in one place i added a complete new filter for only parts from this mod.

I also wanted to implement a part that is a combination of a rover-wheel and a landing-leg. But this would take a bit more time to complete.

Download

From KerbalStuff

From CurseForge

A vehicle bay may be a good option, maybe twice as wide and a little taller that he service bay? My first thought for the service bay was not actually for storing items, but as a garage for rovers. However, a science jr doesn't quite fit, let alone putting it on wheels to drive it in.

Lol, i suggested a rover garage too, but its been pretty long since

Regarding the Hangar, yes i still remember the suggestion from EdusacconBR. I'm not really sure of the hangar will come soon. When it is wider than now, it wouldn't fit into the MK2 cargo bays anymore.

As an extension to this I might be cheeky enough to ask for top opening one for vtol drones! This might be a step too far however, and a mk2 cargo bay (if you do base to mk2 adapters) would suffice okay.

If this isn't on the cards then I am happy to scarper my own suggestion by noting that future forays onto other heavenly bodies it is possible/probable that even the EVA suits are themselves never brought inside a pressurised habitat and will remain sealed on the external hull of a base. Yet for sheltering vehicles from storms on worlds with atmosphere it might not be such a bad idea!

The question is how the Kerman & Kerman Orbit and Surface Structures promotional photo was taken. The EVA tuxedo (without helmet) doesn't have the distinctive neck for attaching a helmet.

You have a great response time and I'm looking forward to your update soon. Congratulations as I post for CurseForge and KerbalStuff downloads totalling 4,600 so far!

Peace.

Thanks, never thought that it would be downloaded so often :D

I also thought that it would be nice if the kerbals didn't wear the space-suit all the time in the habitats, but very soon gave up on that because this would be anything but easy.

I'm not sure about the top opening cargo bay. It will maybe come some time later.

The Promotional photo way actually taken from Kerbalizer and edited into a screenshot from the KSC. Hope this is the right answer. I'm not sure i understood your question right :wink:.

Edited by Nils277

I also wanted to implement a part that is a combination of a rover-wheel and a landing-leg. But this would take a bit more time to complete.

I'm not really sure of the hangar will come soon. When it is wider than now, it wouldn't fit into the MK2 cargo bays any more.

Thanks, never thought that it would be downloaded so often :D

The Promotional photo way actually taken from Kerbalizer and edited into a screenshot from the KSC. Hope this is the right answer. I'm not sure i understood your question right :wink:.

You're welcome on the count and I'm sure you'll do what is best with a hanger/garage.

I thought the promotional image would be something like that . It would be nice if Texture Replacer could remove the helmet ring at some point [whilst on Kerbin].

Great update. Thank you! Peace.

Love the mod!

Nice K&K icons and good idea separating the gangways from the modules with two manufacturers.

The Gangway Docking Port should be in 'gangway and sewer pipes' manufacturer.

There needs to be a 'planetary base system' fuselage type in the 'cross section profile' advanced sort. Just needs a little icon.

Edited by methodermis