[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Nils, would you mind telling me a little about your textures? I have been re-sizing textures in various mods in order to reduce RAM footprint, but certain textures don't respond well when I do. Specifically the textures on the gangways, for instance - what exact parameters are you using to create those? Is there alpha involved - and if so, how do you go about making effective alpha stuff on textures?

EDIT: And the normal maps, too! I just can't figure out how to re-size DDS normal maps without completely borking them. =(

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

perhaps a Raster Prop monitor IVA config for the Cupola?

Agreed, totally. I've been using this mod to make mobile research labs / bases, and would LOVE to have at least one raster prop monitor (if not more) in the cupola. Great for "back up cameras" and the like. :)

Absolutely LOVE this mod. Thanks to the author!

Don't know if this has been sugested before, but i just noticed that the main ISS trusses look a lot like yor mods' parts, maybe you could make something like it?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/S0_Truss_lifted_from_Shuttles_cargo_bay.jpg

Hmm, this looks interesting. I haven't thought about something like that yet. Might be a good idea.

Hi Nils277! congratulation to you for this mod! Should be stock!!! :kiss:

Do you plan to add a Remote Tech support for the "Mal" probe core?

Not yet, but i put it on my list :-)

Nils, would you mind telling me a little about your textures? I have been re-sizing textures in various mods in order to reduce RAM footprint, but certain textures don't respond well when I do. Specifically the textures on the gangways, for instance - what exact parameters are you using to create those? Is there alpha involved - and if so, how do you go about making effective alpha stuff on textures?

EDIT: And the normal maps, too! I just can't figure out how to re-size DDS normal maps without completely borking them. =(

There is nothing special about the texture for the gangways. It is just a normal image. It does not even have alpha. Maybe you have problems with them because they have normal-map.

As for normal maps just don't scale them. They are veeeery sensitive to scaling and compresssion artifacts.

Edited by Nils277

Unfortunately, the mod doesn't seem to be working for me at all. ;.; The parts are not in the VAB or the SHP. I have no other mods installed and have tried renaming the files, but nothing is working. N.B- I play on a Mac

Hi, the mod isn't working for me. I've renamed the files but that isn't working? Any suggestions? Thanks

P.S I'm on a Mac, if that helps.

of course renaming the files didn't work. I can't even imagine the thought processes that would lead one to think it does???

you probably didn't install them to the correct location. The mods folder goes into the GameData folder. That's it. Done.

of course renaming the files didn't work. I can't even imagine the thought processes that would lead one to think it does???

you probably didn't install them to the correct location. The mods folder goes into the GameData folder. That's it. Done.

He might have been confused, as the very first release (way up the thread, obviously) had the main mod folder named wrong, and the work around instructions posted were to rename it.

He might have been confused, as the very first release (way up the thread, obviously) had the main mod folder named wrong, and the work around instructions posted were to rename it.

Aaahhh I see. I missed the very first release. I remember there was a second release right after that was some kind of hot fix but I didn't know what it was fixing.

Thanks for the advice!:D I was installing the whole folder, not just the mod file. :sealed:

So, is it working?

Compatible With 0.90 Please Answer Quickly and Thanks :)

Hmm...Not entirely. E.g the heatshield will not work. But the rest should. I will double ckeck this later when i'm home.

I dunno, I'm starting to really appreciate USI's very 'Kerbal' approach. I do wish there were a couple mid-tech 'supplies extenders' in there, so you could have a ship, a ship with supplies, a ship with supplies and Stuff (Presumably churning through extra electric power to do it), and /then/ the fullblown greenhouses-with-ore Ulitimate Solution, in which ore extractors end up giving you permanence and the ability to actively resupply everything else again.

Well, that and a lunchbox to store supplies in quantities less than '1m roundel'. That'd be nice too. As it is, there's a bit of a tendency towards running on the two-week grace simply out of a shortage of there being much else... but these thoughts should probably be headed in the actual USI thread, eh? ;)

Edited by Reiver

Well, that and a lunchbox to store supplies in quantities less than '1m roundel'. That'd be nice too.

Universal Storage has tiny radial supply tanks (not the ones in the wedges, but smaller standalone ones), I don't remember how much they kept, just that I used them on Minmus-range trips. Hope that helps :-)

Which parts? They're pretty good about having mount points in the sensible places.

I mean, I can't get the landing gear ones to work in Linux (The ALT button doesn't seem to be doing it, dunno why), but beyond that...

Which parts? They're pretty good about having mount points in the sensible places.

I mean, I can't get the landing gear ones to work in Linux (The ALT button doesn't seem to be doing it, dunno why), but beyond that...

I think SkyHook might be referring to some form of KIS style concrete base or a part that can be attached directly to the ground to build up from. This is also something I want. Though right now, I'm using a 1.25m inline probe core as a concrete base substitute with higher strength and slimmer profile. (made a new part with a simple .cfg file rewrite.) Would also like to see what new occupuable buildings we might get next. Add more variety to my bases.

Could you add a custom category, like KIS does, for the parts in the mod?

If you're interested in custom categories, check out Filter Extensions. It's highly customizable, and although how to create your own filters might not be easy to understand at first, it's definitely worth it.