[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

There are already some of them :-)

For the Habitat MK1 and MK2 and the Greenhouse: The two doors on each end.

For the Cupola: Three Windows and the Airlock.

Command: The big Monitor in the middle.

Uhm how do I put the modular landing gear on a Meerkat and make them all revolve the same direction? I mean without use simmetry but with node attachmet

EDIT: also if I use symmetry mode one side is upside down .-.

Uhm how do I put the modular landing gear on a Meerkat and make them all revolve the same direction? I mean without use simmetry but with node attachmet

EDIT: also if I use symmetry mode one side is upside down .-.

When you want to use the stack node, press ALT. This disables the surface attachment.

Unfortunately it seems that with the way KSP handles the symmetry i destroyed the symmetry be rotating the part by 90°. I will reverse this in the next update to have symmetry again. Unfortunately this will cause all the crafts having the parts will again have messed up rotations for the legs when the next update comes...

Awesome mod!

BTW, mod ISRU unit and cupola not counting toward stock contract requirement, while mod lab counts - is it a bug or a feature? :)

That is unfortunately something a can't change. The stock contracts involving the ISRU and the Cupola use the internal unique name to determine whether the part is in the craft. So the parts from this mod do not count. I will add special additional contracts for the base parts in the future, still this won't prevent the other contracts to appear.

I see Nils277 however to make it more clear, I know how to use stack instead of surface attach, what I wanted to say is that the left side of wheels go forward the right side go backward, maybe this will be fixed as you said with next versione so in this case nevermind what I said.

That is unfortunately something a can't change. The stock contracts involving the ISRU and the Cupola use the internal unique name to determine whether the part is in the craft. So the parts from this mod do not count. I will add special additional contracts for the base parts in the future, still this won't prevent the other contracts to appear.

My bad, should have dipped into stock contracts config. :D Yep, it's a mess.

There are already some of them :-)

For the Habitat MK1 and MK2 and the Greenhouse: The two doors on each end.

For the Cupola: Three Windows and the Airlock.

Command: The big Monitor in the middle.

Thanks, will try them out. Still screams for more tho. ALCOR and KSO are nice examples here.

Don't know yet if it was fixed in the new update, but my KErbals can't walk on top of modules. They stand without reacting to walking and jumping key inputs and slowly slide aside from the module's center.

Have you tried switching the vessel? There was a bug related with KIS, when you EVAed from a part without IVA the focus stayed on the craft rather than switching to the kerbal. This problem will be gone once and for all when the last IVA finally is made.

Also a kerbal is not able to stand on a part that is animated. It can't be controlled and even falls over. It's like the kerbal got unconscious. My best guess for that is that the game mechanics prevent the kerbal from doing something so there won't be collision problems...

Oh, yes, it is a persistent bug that exists always, doesn't depend if I am controlling kerbal, not, it's always there. At least with all the base profile parts. He is standing, everithing is ok with animations, but he can't walk and jump. Can still use RCS pack, etc.

Well, I am not entirely sure it's fully related to this mod... Cause big KAS container attached on to the top of my base has the same bug. Will test it more.

Oh, yes, it is a persistent bug that exists always, doesn't depend if I am controlling kerbal, not, it's always there. At least with all the base profile parts. He is standing, everithing is ok with animations, but he can't walk and jump. Can still use RCS pack, etc.

Well, I am not entirely sure it's fully related to this mod... Cause big KAS container attached on to the top of my base has the same bug. Will test it more.

Sounds weird. Can you send me the KSP.log the game writes with each launch? It's in the root directory of the game. Just start the game and go into a situation where this happends and try to move the kerbal. Then close the program and send the log-file. Maybe i can see in there whats wrong.

Btw. did the last update with the tweaks to the thermal properties of the adapters changed anything with the overheating bug you experienced?

Thanks, will try them out. Still screams for more tho. ALCOR and KSO are nice examples here.

Speaking of ALCOR and KSO, Nils277, did you know that Alexustas has a parts pack for IVA and cockpit parts? I think it would help the internals out a bit (and save you modeling time).

Speaking of ALCOR and KSO, Nils277, did you know that Alexustas has a parts pack for IVA and cockpit parts? I think it would help the internals out a bit (and save you modeling time).

I posted some pictures and files with ALCOR RPMS somewhere in the thread from his packs and stock RPMS just didn't do the Command pod part.

Is it just me or do the landing legs from the mod spam this:

They also sometimes have problems retracting.

I've been having this problem too. It doesn't seem to cause any actual errors for me, just makes the game chug a bit.

I'm having a bunch of weird errors now... Random crashes... So no test right now, and I'm kinda tired of constant debugging. Gotta play Witcher 3 for a few days, then fish out what's causing that crash.

On a side note - seems that you've partially fixed the overheat bug. Loaded that explosive base, and only docking port exploded, the wide one. ALl other parts seem good.

I've been having this problem too. It doesn't seem to cause any actual errors for me, just makes the game chug a bit.

What version of the mod do you use? This was fixed two versions ago :wink:

I'm having a bunch of weird errors now... Random crashes... So no test right now, and I'm kinda tired of constant debugging. Gotta play Witcher 3 for a few days, then fish out what's causing that crash.

On a side note - seems that you've partially fixed the overheat bug. Loaded that explosive base, and only docking port exploded, the wide one. ALl other parts seem good.

No hurry :wink:

Good that the heating is partially fixed. I haven't changed do docking ports, will do that for the next release.

Would you consider making some hubs and gangways that match the full profile of the other modules? As nice of a form profile as these parts have, it seems a shame to have to break them up using 1.25m tubes.

Check my pictures and crafts a few pages back for a nice temporary solution.

What exactly makes the life support wedges for this mod enter into the 'Life Support' category that it creates? I noticed the 'KPBS Settings' cfg that seems to have something to do with the filtering, but looking at the part configs, I can't see what places the wedges into the LS category vs. the greenhouse itself staying with Utilities. It'd be nice to have the greenhouse and my other LS containers all fall into that tab.

What exactly makes the life support wedges for this mod enter into the 'Life Support' category that it creates? I noticed the 'KPBS Settings' cfg that seems to have something to do with the filtering, but looking at the part configs, I can't see what places the wedges into the LS category vs. the greenhouse itself staying with Utilities. It'd be nice to have the greenhouse and my other LS containers all fall into that tab.

This is done using code in Nils plugin code as part of the mod.