[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Do you understand, or should I draw a picture?

I've been made avare of that this classically is an offensive thing to say, and I apologies. More, it was an earnest suggestion. I think the possibility to reach twice the height will work excellent eastethicaly.

On a different note, minor bug report: The gangway exit part isnt' passable with CLL.

Is it normal to get a massive performance hit when using the transparent windows?

Yeah, I had this problem a few pages ago. :-)

I removed the Raster Prop Monitor mod and I was back to normal. Nils277 did give me other options, but I wasn't using RPM anyway, so...

[Edit] - I just saw that the latest version says:

• Updated support for RPM to be compatible with switchable window transparency

So if you still have the old version an update might fix it. I might try putting RPM back myself, and see if it is better now.

Edited by Phil deCube

Yeah, I had this problem a few pages ago. :-)

I removed the Raster Prop Monitor mod and I was back to normal. Nils277 did give me other options, but I wasn't using RPM anyway, so...

[Edit] - I just saw that the latest version says:

• Updated support for RPM to be compatible with switchable window transparency

So if you still have the old version an update might fix it. I might try putting RPM back myself, and see if it is better now.

If you download the latest version of RPM the latest version of RPM allows you to change the transparency setting via the part right click menu per part.

So you can switch them on or off, or set them to Auto (when in auto mode the windows become transparent when you mouse over the part).

The performance hit is to be expected when you have multiple parts all loaded (in range) with the transparency on, as this causes the Internal model to be loaded and rendered as well as the external models. Rendering costs GPU/CPU.

But the new toggle option in RPM allows you to switch them on and off to handle the performance issue. Remembering that RPM JSITransparentPod was actually built to make transparent command pods. Mods like this one which have lots of parts all connected and in range of each other using transparency will cause a performance hit. The best thing to do is to set them all to Auto in the Editor (or in flight) and mouse over them if you want to see inside...

Edited by JPLRepo

Fair enough. I'm not going to bother then.

What I was saying is performance hit will occur when you have lots of parts both internal and external all being rendered at the same time... but if you download the latest RPM you can turn the setting on and off per part and customise your experience to how you like it between seeing all the internals through the windows or some or none the trade-off being performance the more you have visible at the same time. I would recommend at least giving it a go.

Yeah and to be honest you really only want those pods to be transparent either when you're setting up screenshots or you just want to admire the beauty of it, and a high framerate isn't really necessary for either one unless you're doing videos. (in which case theres not much that can be done period)

During actual gameplay you aren't going to need the pods transparent.

The templates for the base profile are now updated!

Concur.

Side note to Nils277 - ping me if you have any questions RE integration with any of my mods.

Thanks! I will do that when i encounter problems :)

Yay for CTT support! I hope that also means SETI CTT support, love that tech tree. Also, you should ask the Base in a Box guys if they can maker some KPBS Base in a Box ships for this. That would make deployment much easier than any of my 'solutions'. Or a part that can snap to the CoM, since I have to build everything symmetrically. Also for a garage, maybe an extended service bay recolored to fit in with the KPBS line of parts.

so many caps!

Oh, i have to test the support for SETI CTT and make changes when needed. If you find any odd placements in the Techtree, let me know :wink:

I've been made avare of that this classically is an offensive thing to say, and I apologies. More, it was an earnest suggestion. I think the possibility to reach twice the height will work excellent eastethicaly.

On a different note, minor bug report: The gangway exit part isnt' passable with CLL.

No offence taken, i figured that this wasn't intended :wink:

I'm not sure about that parts underneath. What should be the purpose of them? It wouldn't be feasible to make that block parts for every base part, there are too many sizes and it would add too many parts. For what parts would you add them?

Thanks for the report with the gangway airlock! Will be fixed.

Is it normal to get a massive performance hit when using the transparent windows?
Yeah and to be honest you really only want those pods to be transparent either when you're setting up screenshots or you just want to admire the beauty of it' date=' and a high framerate isn't really necessary for either one unless you're doing videos. (in which case theres not much that can be done period)

During actual gameplay you aren't going to need the pods transparent.[/quote']

Hmm...maybe it would be a good idea to make the config for the transparency optional (e.g. in a zip file that must be unpacked to enable the transparent windows)?

No offence taken, i figured that this wasn't intended :wink:

I'm not sure about that parts underneath. What should be the purpose of them? It wouldn't be feasible to make that block parts for every base part, there are too many sizes and it would add too many parts. For what parts would you add them?

I did not consider the varying sizes when I made this. But ok, let's follow my line of thought. Stuff that deploys should not be able to have extra base parts underneath. What I Imagined when I made the suggestion wasa big ass 10 kerbal room that would fit under the mk1 crew hab, a service bay with garage type doors ( a roofmounted servicebay would probably be appreciated too) A large KIS container. I also just realized this would be very "Karibou" minus the wheels. Oh well...

Okay it's time for a small update...not much new though...few fixes and tweaks.

Changelog for v0.2.6

New Parts:

• Added corridor with mounts for landing-legs

Mod Support:

• Added flexible tube for KAS

Enhancements:

• Transparent windows for RPM are now off by default to increase performance

Bug-Fixes:

• Fixed lighting of the Habitat MK2
  • The Corridor Airlock is now passable for CLS

I also tested it with SETI Community Tech Tree and it seems to be working with it!

Download:

From KerbalStuff

From Curse

I did not consider the varying sizes when I made this. But ok, let's follow my line of thought. Stuff that deploys should not be able to have extra base parts underneath. What I Imagined when I made the suggestion wasa big ass 10 kerbal room that would fit under the mk1 crew hab, a service bay with garage type doors ( a roofmounted servicebay would probably be appreciated too) A large KIS container. I also just realized this would be very "Karibou" minus the wheels. Oh well...

Hmm...i have to consider that idea :)

Edited by Nils277

Hey Nils, just wanted to say that you're doing great work! I'm enjoying the mod, it really feels stockalike and adds a whole bunch of new gameplay. I found that the life support parts are excellent parts for life support of spaceships with long transition times.. I'm using them on all my interplanetary vessels. Works a treat.

Also, I'm using the base construction contract pack, which gives me a contractual reason to colonize the kerbal solar system using your mod pack. I think these two mods really fit nice together.

What I was saying is performance hit will occur when you have lots of parts both internal and external all being rendered at the same time...

Oh, I understood you. I'm just not that interested. Thanks for taking the time to answer though. I might give it another go when there is a 64 bit version of the game available. See if the power of my PC can be utilised.

Just out of curiosity...has someone ever noticed some of the hidden jokes or references?

E.g. the meaning of the numbers on the parts?

I'm just asking, i haven't seen anyone mentioning them in the thread until now. Only one person on youtube noted one on the video from KottabosGames.

Just out of curiosity...has someone ever noticed some of the hidden jokes or references?

E.g. the meaning of the numbers on the parts?

I'm just asking, i haven't seen anyone mentioning them in the thread until now. Only one person on youtube noted one on the video from KottabosGames.

Yes there are a few.

Search for easter eggs or part number easter eggs.

Spoilers (by no means the only links), there are lots.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60551-Spoiler-Easter-Egg-Stocktake-1-0-4

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/List_of_easter_eggs

Or do you mean you have added your own specific ones to your parts?

Yes there are a few.

Search for easter eggs or part number easter eggs.

Spoilers (by no means the only links), there are lots.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60551-Spoiler-Easter-Egg-Stocktake-1-0-4

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/List_of_easter_eggs

Or do you mean you have added your own specific ones to your parts?

I added my own specific ones to the base parts :wink: But it seems that they are a bit too subtle.

I added my own specific ones to the base parts :wink: But it seems that they are a bit too subtle.

Probably it is more like no one has noticed them yet.

I suddenly realised what you were saying because when I did the DeepFreeze parts I noticed some numbers on some of the parts (but only when I was looking very very closely at the textures).

Now we know they are there - the challenge is there now for who can find them? :cool:

Hello,

I've used your mod for the first time today and I encountered a serious issue with the lab module: It can't be entered. I can not transfer Kerbals into the module (I can't select the module while in transfer mode) neither can I enter the module through the hatch while in EVA (It keeps saying that the module is full).

I don't think he'll add an antenna. If you want comms just make a tower out of structural parts and add an antenna.

Yeah or just add one of the Omni antennas from RT to your parts. Really the only thing that this mod would have to include in order to be considered "compatible" with RT is to add the RT functionality to the unmanned probe part. IIRC (not ingame atm to check) it likely still lets you control it (even without coms) but thats not that big of a deal. Its not going to break a person's game unless they simply can't abide by the honor system.

Hello,

I've used your mod for the first time today and I encountered a serious issue with the lab module: It can't be entered. I can not transfer Kerbals into the module (I can't select the module while in transfer mode) neither can I enter the module through the hatch while in EVA (It keeps saying that the module is full).

You have to extend the module first to be able to put Kerbals into the part. The lab, the big Habitat and the Greenhouse are designed to only hold Kerbals when extended.

pleaseee can you add compatibility with remote tech...

I will make the modules compatible with remote tech ;-)

Hello, I dont know if anyone else has had this problem with 0.2.6 but I noticed that in both the VAB and SPH that the Cockpit for this mod is missing as well all the gangway parts in "structures" section . does anyone else have this problem with 0.2.6?

Hmm...i just did a quick check and they are still there.

Are you playing in science or career mode? If yes, i moved the parts further back in the techtree and they might be locked again. They are now at "Composites" and "Meta-Materials"

Also the "gangways" are now called "corridors" and they might be at another place in the structures panel.

If the problem still persists, let me know :wink: