[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

I noticed that base fitting drill part mention. Thats great news, cause setting up a drill module is a bit clumsy at the moment. Nice to see how everything is shaping up here.

Edited by daltonater
spelling errors

I noticed that base fitting drill part mention. Thats great news, cause setting up a drill module is a bit clumsy at the moment. Nice to see how everything is shaping up here.

If you have KIS/KAS setting up a nice drilling rig doesn't have to be clumsy. Place a foundation, add a girder and one or more drills. Connect it to your refinery and Bob's your uncle.

screenshot27.png

Suggestion: Can you add Argon generation from Near Future as a mod compatibility for air filter? Real argon is mostly generated as byproduct of oxygen condensing, so that would be very accurate.

Also, part idea: Oxygen compressor. Basically, a container that compresses oxygen into oxidizer.

Nils: Any word on landing gear and base wheel height compatibility plans yet?

Oh, and one final part idea: A utility-formfactor Science Jr. Now that you've got those lovely 4x1 and 4x2 2m round containers, I find myself wishing for a way to slap a science pod into 'em for my spaceships and round space labs :D

(I'm also kinda wishing those parts didn't have the ends on them, so you had more flexibility with utility modules; now that you've got pretty base end-caps a cargo-bay style ends would let you string them together wondefully. Is this too late?)

The answer to this question is always: When it's ready.

This pattern of harassing modders for updates has to stop.

Surely 10 minutes in enough time for me to have all the thing I want :rolleyes:, what better things does everyone else have to do?

The answer to this question is always: When it's ready.

This pattern of harassing modders for updates has to stop.

Absolutely. As a former mod builder for SimCity 4, let me throw my two cents here since I'm not a mod builder for KSP yet...

There are several things that must be considered right now and here's a list of things y'all (yeah, I said y'all) begin jumping up and down about your favorite mod not working. Each mod builder is different, but much of this list comes from my experiences, albeit on another gaming platform:

• Knowing that another update will be out in a couple of months (I have read that January is now the speculative month), is it worth spending XX.XX hours to make the mod compatible with the current version of the game just to spend YY.YY hours to make it compatible with the next version?
  • Is the new platform the game is being migrated to (Unity 5) going to make this mod obsolete or totally incompatible?
  • How much time will it take to redo this mod and can I honestly commit that much time in light of my other obligations? (Relates to the first question)
  • What are the new tweaks going to affect the programming of the mod? Will I have to learn a new language, a new methodology, or other knowledge to make the mod work?
  • Does the mod I am attempting to make compatible replace a stock part and is it actually worth it?

I know that a lot goes into mod building, but please be patient. Your mod builder will make the appropriate tweaks when they are able!

(note: I accidentally posted this before I had completed my entry. Darned fat fingers!)

Edited by adsii1970

Just stopped by to say this.

This is my new favorite mod. Thank you so much.

I can't wait to build a monstrosity

Happy to hear! And we want to see pictures

Suggestion: Can you add Argon generation from Near Future as a mod compatibility for air filter? Real argon is mostly generated as byproduct of oxygen condensing, so that would be very accurate.

Also, part idea: Oxygen compressor. Basically, a container that compresses oxygen into oxidizer.

I will take a look into Argon from NF. But i don't know if it will make it into the very next update.

Nils: Any word on landing gear and base wheel height compatibility plans yet?

Oh, and one final part idea: A utility-formfactor Science Jr. Now that you've got those lovely 4x1 and 4x2 2m round containers, I find myself wishing for a way to slap a science pod into 'em for my spaceships and round space labs :D

(I'm also kinda wishing those parts didn't have the ends on them, so you had more flexibility with utility modules; now that you've got pretty base end-caps a cargo-bay style ends would let you string them together wondefully. Is this too late?)

Jep, i decided to "replace" the old landing gear. It will be deprecated so you will still be able to use the old one on the crafts that are already started. But you will not be able to build new ones with it. The new landing gear looks like this (not finished yet):

zBmVbns.png

It can be attached to the "normal" landing legs and can also be jettisoned when no longer needed.

Also the ground clearance is way better for moving around.

The cargo-bay is in process :D. I want to make it modular so you can decide of you want to use the top, side or front to enter leave the part.

A science-jr may come later for the storage system.

Just curious Nils, how long will it take to update to 1.0.5?

You must really learn to be more patient....i just have downloaded 1.0.5 a few minutes ago so not the slightest idea.

The big update will still take its time.

When the mod would be totally broken by the KSP update i will make a quick fix...in the other case: when it's done

EDIT:

I just made a short examination and i haven't found anything that was broken by the KSP update to 1.0.5. Have you even tried it out before you asked the question here?

Edited by Nils277
1.0.5 test update

I'm sorry. I just wanted to know.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one of my favorite mods. I'm really sorry Nils.

Okay :wink:

There don't seem to be huge problems with the update to 1.0.5. for this mod, so you can still use the current version until the update. When you find something that is broken by the update let me know.

I just made a short examination and i haven't found anything that was broken by the KSP update to 1.0.5. Have you even tried it out before you asked the question here?

Take your time, everything seems to function (yep, I tested). Some tweaking may be needed in MM contract config, since contract stuff got serious overhaul.

New wheel stuff is amazing. Btw, new 1.0.5 ability to enable\disable staging will fit 'em well (Meerkat as well, IMO)

P.S. Can we have a sneak-peak on the drill? :wink:

Looks good. Tested all the major parts. Legs, time warp (slow and fast). Habs still work. Unless you're really OCD (IE: External and Internal Temps).

Then I'd say, we're go for 1.0.5 flight. (Tried to think of a better pun but couldn't)

- - - Updated - - -

Also same as above.

Edited by davidy12

So im likely not noticing something, but will the new landing legs be height compatable with the legs that this mod currently adds? I ask cause I have bases under construction that I really dont want to have to be making a do-over for.

Looks good. Tested all the major parts. Legs, time warp (slow and fast). Habs still work. Unless you're really OCD (IE: External and Internal Temps).

Then I'd say, we're go for 1.0.5 flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Also same as above.

Hmm...what is about the external and intenal temperatures?

So im likely not noticing something, but will the new landing legs be height compatable with the legs that this mod currently adds? I ask cause I have bases under construction that I really dont want to have to be making a do-over for.

Well yes and no :D what you see in the pictures are the new "wheels" attached on top of the normal landing legs that are already available.

But the height of the new "wheels" will not be compatible with the height of the old wheel-leg combination. The ground-cleareance was too small.

I guess everything that doesn't modify wheels, UIs or thermals will work.

Nils, I've just noticed you've added a node to docking port. Awesome. :P Just thought, can you add surface attachment nodes to all corridors? Most of stock parts have them.

I guess everything that doesn't modify wheels, UIs or thermals will work.

Nils, I've just noticed you've added a node to docking port. Awesome. :P Just thought, can you add surface attachment nodes to all corridors? Most of stock parts have them.

That would not make much sense currently :wink: The corridors will be replaced by modular ones that change their shape according to the where other parts are attached to them. But i will take a look whether they also would work when they are surface attached.

You could keep them the same. Or not. Personally I don't care.

Do you mean the height of the wheels? The height was the main reason i decided to replace them. They old landing-gear did not have the same heigh as the normal landing legs. So it was not really possible to combine parts that had the landing-gear with ones that had the landing-legs. Also they had a way to low ground clearance.

Or do you mean the internal and external temperature? If yes i doubt that this lies within my possibilities.

Edited by Nils277