[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

[quote name='davidy12']Doubt he'd make that right now. Love to see a stockalike rover pack, but I think that's gonna have to wait until after 1.0 (This mod) is released, and I don't even think he'll make that afterwards.[/QUOTE]
I hate to admit it, seeing as how I would love these additions to be made, but I have to agree. First lets get whats already in the development pipeline finished (the garage, new habitat, drill, and likely something im missing) before anything else gets added to the list. I have made attempts at designing new parts, and let me say its not as easy as one would think. Not even close to being easy.

Hey, Nils. I did a poor thread search and didn't find anything about it, so I'd like to report a tiny visual glitch, lowest priority:
The Attachable Landing Gear animation is reversed. When you roll forwards, it spins backwards, and vise versa.

[quote name='LitaAlto']Just following up on my post. I upgraded to 0.2.10--no change.

And I just realized that my base [I]does[/I] have an antenna directly attached to the planetary lab. But transmitting science from there is still not possible.

I didn't see any noteworthy issues in output_log.txt, aside from "WheelCollier requires an attached Rigidbody to function" arising because I used the old combo wheels/legs. I can post the whole file if deemed necessary.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138989"]My problem is apparently with ScienceAlert.[/URL] Sorry for the false alarm.

I just discovered this mod... i dunno what to say ... superb structural parts adapters and concept, amazing IVA views, best integration/combination along the parts with each other .. hell even best visual match for stock parts .... then you got a whole bunch of other mods compatibility, without any of them to be required..

And those 4 and 6 way hubs that transform visually with connections in the vab, the landing legs/gears implementation ...

Im loosing it... :confused:

Kowgan

Hey, Nils. I did a poor thread search and didn't find anything about it, so I'd like to report a tiny visual glitch, lowest priority:
The Attachable Landing Gear animation is reversed. When you roll forwards, it spins backwards, and vise versa.

Thanks for the report, it was not mentioned before. I will fix it.

LitaAlto:

My problem is apparently with ScienceAlert. Sorry for the false alarm.

Good to hear :). I haven't experience it yet.

Thourion:

I just discovered this mod... i dunno what to say ... superb structural parts adapters and concept, amazing IVA views, best integration/combination along the parts with each other .. hell even best visual match for stock parts .... then you got a whole bunch of other mods compatibility, without any of them to be required..

And those 4 and 6 way hubs that transform visually with connections in the vab, the landing legs/gears implementation ...

Im loosing it... :confused:

On the rover parts: I will finish the parts in the pipeline now and make the full release. I don't know what would come after this...but with the garage rovers would be a reasonable addition. But maybe not on this mod but as a separate one. But this will be way in the future. I have another non KSP related personal project i want to focus on first :wink: (But no fear, i will maintain and expand this mod)

Edited by Nils277
fixed quotes in last post at least (somehow)

[quote name='Nils277']Thanks for the report, it was not mentioned before. I will fix it.

Good to hear :). I haven't experience it yet.

On the rover parts: I will finish the parts in the pipeline now and make the full release. I don't know what would come after this...but with the garage rovers would be a reasonable addition. But maybe not on this mod but as a separate one. But this will be way in the future. I have another non KSP related personal project i want to focus on first :wink: (But no fear, i will maintain and expand this mod)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think that would make for a good additional mod. Take your time with it though. I love the level of quality that is present in this mod. Better to have quality than quantity.

@Nils277 If you are open to suggestions, one part I find myself desiring is some sort of nuclear reactor power generator so I don't have to spam RTGs for stuff on the outer planets where solar is not so good. I'm imagining a module about the size of the inline command module and massing three or four tons, with an off/on toggle for power generation and enough heat when running to need some radiators.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Nils277 If you are open to suggestions, one part I find myself desiring is some sort of nuclear reactor power generator so I don't have to spam RTGs for stuff on the outer planets where solar is not so good. I'm imagining a module about the size of the inline command module and massing three or four tons, with an off/on toggle for power generation and enough heat when running to need some radiators.

This does sound like a good idea. I will put it at the list of things to add in the future.

PS: The next realease of this mod will be before Christmas :wink: I have nearly finished the garage parts and will then take care of the drill etc. I will post images of the garages during this weekend.

Edited by Nils277

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

This does sound like a good idea. I will put it at the list of things to add in the future.

PS: The next realease of this mod will be before Christmas :wink: I have nearly finished the garage parts and will then take care of the drill etc. I will post images of the garages during this weekend.

My jaw is currently sitting on the floor. The garage is almost here. It will be an early christmas when the update is released.

On 05/12/2015, 02:53:15, Red Iron Crown said:

I generally make a point of hooking up self-fueling fuel cells/RTGs. You have to pick the right spot to start drilling, and have the right crews on hand... but it can be done. :D

@Nils277: Any word on the Science Junior module?

On 04.12.2015 14:53:15, Red Iron Crown said:

If you are open to suggestions, one part I find myself desiring is some sort of nuclear reactor power generator so I don't have to spam RTGs for stuff on the outer planets where solar is not so good. I'm imagining a module about the size of the inline command module and massing three or four tons, with an off/on toggle for power generation and enough heat when running to need some radiators.

Just posted a screenshot of a base that uses NearFuture reactor. Used fuel cells before, but reactor is sweeter, fire-up-and-forget. It doesn't work in 1.0.5 yet tho

18 hours ago, sashan said:

Suggestion: small light and control panel on all airlocks. Something like this on Nertea's airlock:
[Image]

I might add some lights to the airlocks later. Don't know about the panels yet. We'll see :wink:

15 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I am having a few problems with this mod. I cannot toggle the deployment of the modules, and some IVAs are missing, like the science lab, and with Transparent Pod turned on, no kerbonauts are inside.

Regarding the deployment: The Deployable modules can't be retracted when there are Kerbals inside of them. This is a wanted fearture because the modules only have a crew-capacity when deployed.
What version of the mod and RPM are you using? This sounds like one version is not up to date. The IVA of the Lab is the last IVA that was added. 

4 hours ago, Reiver said:

I generally make a point of hooking up self-fueling fuel cells/RTGs. You have to pick the right spot to start drilling, and have the right crews on hand... but it can be done. :D

@Nils277: Any word on the Science Junior module?

Oops, thought i already replied to that :wink: The Science Jr. is on the TODO list.

19 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Regarding the deployment: The Deployable modules can't be retracted when there are Kerbals inside of them. This is a wanted fearture because the modules only have a crew-capacity when deployed.
What version of the mod and RPM are you using? This sounds like one version is not up to date. The IVA of the Lab is the last IVA that was added. 

I used CKAN to install this mod and RPM, so they are all up to date. I understand now about the parts, but I am still not getting IVA on the lab.

34 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I used CKAN to install this mod and RPM, so they are all up to date. I understand now about the parts, but I am still not getting IVA on the lab.

Hmm...that is weird. Can you provide the KSP.log? (It is in the same folder as the games-executable) Without it i have no starting point where the error might be. :wink:
What version of this mod does CKAN show you? There were some reports in the past that CKAN hat it's issues with the version.

Edit: It is also weird that you don't see any Kerbal inside a part that has transparent windows enabled. That still seems to be some kind of problem it RPM 

Edited by Nils277

I hate to double post but here are finally the images of the new garage parts that i promised :wink:

The parts are in the MK3 form-factor, with one side cut. I still consider adding some kind of disposable fairing to them so that they have the full MK3 form-factor during flight and for asthetic porposes.
Do you think i should add these fairings to the bottom?

Edit:
PS: You can also make the garage as long as needed. Somehow the last three images from imgur are not shown here...

Edited by Nils277

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I hate to double post but here are finally the images of the new garage parts that i promised :wink:

The parts are in the MK3 form-factor, with one side cut. I still consider adding some kind of disposable fairing to them so that they have the full MK3 form-factor during flight and for asthetic porposes.
Do you think i should add these fairings to the bottom?

Edit:
PS: You can also make the garage as long as needed. Somehow the last three images from imgur are not shown here...

Oh man, I should never doubt your absurd skills, man! That thing is totally and utterly glorious :D

How does it interact/align with respect to planetary bases in flight? It looks like it aligns neatly when using feet, which is awesome in itself... though I hope the next version of the single-module-end-cap will come with the feet so you can skip the feet mount right beside it, right? ;)

Judging by its design, it looks like it's a Mk3 part that's horizontal, yes? Hmm. Going to have to get creative with dropping and docking to it, this should be fun to design around :D

A fairing piece would be pretty handy, yes. Bonus points if it can be mounted to a base as a little mounting platform for stacking stuff onto... if you can pull it off, anyway :) An alternative would be a fairing that somehow has the kit needed to help take a normally-vertical section and ease it over to the horizontal. Either that or we build our spaceplanes sideways, eh? ;)

Given you've nailed that multi-fold direction, I think I'd love to see a little 'flush' garage too, roughly the same size as the service bay folded, but unfolding to a nice flat landing/driving pad. You know, for mini rovers... or for landing rockets on. :D
(It's also a handy place to mount bits when using KIS to reassemble rocketships. Not that I've ever had to jury-rig a rocketship on the roof of a science lab before, for wont of any other open, flat surfaces... Nope nope nope. :P)

Edited by Reiver