[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

11 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I still have no internet in the new flat :(

Glad to hear that you have managed to get it to work :)

The rough foodprint of the base is about Size 3 (3.75m) while the garage has a has the MK3 as diameter. It is hard so say which length the garage has. You'' have to have at least one adapter at each end. (Adapter for landing legs) and it depends on how many "normal" garage parts you put between. But on garage part is roughly as long as the science lab.

I'm using Blender as a 3D Program. I really like it. And honestly any other program i know that has all the functions Blender has costs more than 1000$ :wink:

Glad to hear you solved the problem :wink:

When you don't use other mods, you can delete the "PlanetaryBaseInc\Parts\Mod_Support" Folder.In there you could also decide which mod you don't use and delete the folder with the names of the mods not installed.

A already heard of this problem a few times. I think it most often appereas when therea are multiple stack nodes on a part. Sometimes the game does not register that they are decoupled. The only solution i found was reloading (Or in editor replacing the part with the missing node). I am afraid that i can't do much on that end.

Hmm maybe the decoupler from KSP does only work when attached at a node. (The node for surface attachment is another node). I  have to look it that.

I will have a look at it once the next update it made :wink:

Thanks for the information. Now that I know a good program to use, that will help me a lot. As always, thanks for taking the time out of your day to answer our questions.

Edited by daltonater
missleading grammer.

I am most likely doing something wrong, but the landing struts and the wheels attach very oddly, I am not at my computer with KSP, otherwise I would share a screenshot.  I installed the mod about a week ago, just started to unlock that part of the tech tree and thought I would ask.

7 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I am most likely doing something wrong, but the landing struts and the wheels attach very oddly, I am not at my computer with KSP, otherwise I would share a screenshot.  I installed the mod about a week ago, just started to unlock that part of the tech tree and thought I would ask.

Yeah I've seen this on mine they're quick to snap to other positions, the easiest way is to snap them to something without placing, rotate them to the correct position, then rotate your camera so you can overlay the two green nodes without getting too close to any other part of the body. They will snap to the right position eventually but it can be tricky.

23 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I thought I would follow up with an image, just in case the mod was installed incorrectly or something?  Thanks again for the support.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8bgPP0DpwZecjNXUU9zVGtJMHc/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay, I honestly thought I was doing something wrong or was missing something.  Thanks for the input.

What I did was extend the legs inside of the VAB/SPH, and turn off angle snap.  That allowed me to place the wheels where they needed to be (that's for the wheels that fold down).

On 1/14/2016 at 3:06 PM, l2oss said:

What I did was extend the legs inside of the VAB/SPH, and turn off angle snap.  That allowed me to place the wheels where they needed to be (that's for the wheels that fold down).

Yep. Pre extending isnt needed but can help. Big trick is to orientate prior to attaching, as this makes life easier. After that just hold down the so called mod key to disable surface attaching. The mod key differs based on OS, but for windows its the 'alt' key. From there, you can use the duplicate function to speed up the construction process further. with surface attaching disabled, you only way for parts to connect is to use the nodes.

On 13/01/2016 at 9:20 PM, Orisi said:

Yeah I've seen this on mine they're quick to snap to other positions, the easiest way is to snap them to something without placing, rotate them to the correct position, then rotate your camera so you can overlay the two green nodes without getting too close to any other part of the body. They will snap to the right position eventually but it can be tricky.

in my experience they work best by holding down alt (to disable radial attachment) then rotate with the keys till it orients correctly.

Hey, progress is still slow at the moment. I still haven't got my computer installed. I hope to have it back running until the next weekend. It is really iching in my Fingers to finally make something again.

On 12.1.2016 at 2:10 AM, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Just did a bit more testing.

It seems to be related to Raster Prop Monitor.

I threw your mod into a bare bones install and the IVA issue has gone away.

Thanks for the report, i will take a look at it, as soon as i can use my PC again. Maybe an update from RPM changed something.

On 13.1.2016 at 10:11 PM, gamerscircle said:

Hmm, the Images you posted look strange. I already tried to make the attachment easier. If anyone has an idea on how to make it easier, i'm glad to hear it. Pressing ALT while attaching might help, you can only attach at the nodes then, they should be correct.

On 15.1.2016 at 6:07 PM, aristurtle said:

Hey, just wanted to say these parts are great! Landed a base on Duna today:

gP5xcPv.pngHGRAKTT.png

This looks really cool B-) 

On 17.1.2016 at 1:13 AM, FlyingKiwibird said:

How did you manage to decouple the legs?It will not work for me, they make the sound but don't decouple.

The Legs can be detached via staging when attached at a Stack-Node. I hope to make this also possible for surface attachment. 

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hey, progress is still slow at the moment. I still haven't got my computer installed. I hope to have it back running until the next weekend. It is really iching in my Fingers to finally make something again.

Thanks for the report, i will take a look at it, as soon as i can use my PC again. Maybe an update from RPM changed something.

Hmm, the Images you posted look strange. I already tried to make the attachment easier. If anyone has an idea on how to make it easier, i'm glad to hear it. Pressing ALT while attaching might help, you can only attach at the nodes then, they should be correct.

This looks really cool B-) 

The Legs can be detached via staging when attached at a Stack-Node. I hope to make this also possible for surface attachment. 

Dont certain stock parts have radial attaching disabled by default? I would have to go and double check about this, but assuming im right, that could be a solution. Have the radial mounting disabled by default on the wheels. No idea if that would actually work, or how it would affect the mod, but it might serve as an answer. I seem to recall the large stock ISRU being subject to this, along with some of the inline monopropellent tanks. Havnt really messed with those parts for a while, but I will look into this.

Having done some testing, heres what I have found:

The large stock ISRU can sorta (it does it in a weird way) attach radially to other parts. No part is able to attach radially to the large ISRU though.

One of the inline RCS tanks (FL-R25 RCS fuel tank) cant attach radially to any part of a craft.

Most engines cannot attach radially to other parts. The are exceptions though. The puff, twitch, thud, spider, Twin-boar, goliath, and all solid fuel rockets are exceptions.

I havnt gone into the config files for these parts yet. I simply took a peek in the VAB to test things. Im not great at programming, but its likely theres a piece of information in the config files that is responcible for this behaviour. I hope this information is useful in solving the above mentioned problem.

I'm coming back to KSP after taking some time off and thought I'd try out this mod, but I can't seem to get KSP to load with it.  The loading processes hangs at the KKAOSS_engine_g docking port part.  If I remove the engine_g.cfg file from the directory KSP loads correctly.  I performed the original install with CKAN and even tried updating the .cfg file with a copy from a manual download.

Any suggestions?

**SOLUTION**: After diving in and finding some other oddities I just did a fresh install and everything is now loading up correctly.

Edited by qdrummer21

Nils,

Excellent mod I have been using it extensively in my latest career and look forward to any and all updates you provide.

I noticed one odd behavior though I don't think its a bug, it sure doesn't change game play. When using the planetary lab as part of a space station whenever I dock and then undock the station changes to a base in the map view. I usually just change it back but I just noticed it again a few minutes ago and wanted to mention it now that I finally registered on the forums. (if this has been mentioned sorry, I didn't see it in the past 50 pages!)

@Nils277 I have no idea if this is an already known issue but I keep running into the same bug over and over again.
Whenever I move a Kerbal carrying KIS inventory into a K&K Airlock (the end plate version) or K&K Airlock Mid Section (the in-line version) the inventory is deleted. The K&K Corridor Airlock (the smaller tube version) does not have this issue and inventory is not deleted.
Of course one can always EVA through another exit but it's easy to forget. And it's very annoying to run out of tools while surface building things on a distant planet.