[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

2 hours ago, Spheniscine said:

Yes. I'm not sure if it's just me though.

Edit: Ugh; not sure why I stuffed up the quoting like that; can't seem to fix it.

Okay, will try that out on my install to see whats happening/if its is happening for me too. :wink:

Just now, Kpottebaum said:

When ever I launch a rocket with a Kerbal Planetary Base Systems KSP seems to run slower, is there a work around for this? 

Have you got RPM installed and have the transparent windows enabled? This feature is known to have a huge impact on the performance.

@Elway358 & @REGZZZ These are some really nice looking bases you put up there :)

Edited by Nils277

1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Have you got RPM installed and have the transparent windows enabled? This feature is known to have a huge impact on the performance.

@Elway358 & @REGZZZ These are some really nice looking bases you put up there :)

Okay, major noob moment here... How would I go about disabling transparent windows? 

2 hours ago, Kpottebaum said:

Okay, major noob moment here... How would I go about disabling transparent windows? 

If you have Raster Prop Monitor version 0.23.0 or up you can right click the parts in the editor or flight and turn transparency ON,OFF,or AUTO. Turn them to OFF.

Ah. It seems this update is right around the corner. I really like how this mod is comming along, and as stated many times before, no stock alike mod is better than this one for base building. If only my launch vehicals, were well, reliable. I gotta say, some of the designs that people have made are jaw dropping.

On 18.2.2016 at 9:56 PM, DarthVader said:

Is there going to be a drill module for the modular storage bay?

Sorry, i overlooked your post. The drill that will be added in the next release is not for the modular storage bay. That may come later maybe...I don't know yet ;-)

7 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Here are my Duna and Mun Bases

5z5BytQ.png

img]o4cTvcP.png

They look really cool. One can see a pattern how your bases are constructed :-D

4 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Sorry, i overlooked your post. The drill that will be added in the next release is not for the modular storage bay. That may come later maybe...I don't know yet ;-)

They look really cool. One can see a pattern how your bases are constructed :-D

No reason to have to reinvent the wheel. It is after all a well tested design

@Nils277 just downloaded this wonderful mod! I'm loving it so far and am trying to creat my first base. Few questions.

first any tips?

second I think I found a bug, the detachable wheels only attach to the meerkat (love that name btw) on one side. I tried to use symmetry to auto place it and symetry turns off when it attaches. Also holding alt doesn't align it on the far side just on the near side.

I haven't tried it on any of the other parts and gave a decent search so sorry if this has already been reported. 

Because everyone always seems to suggest an edit, some windows on the walk way tubes would be cool, just aesthetic nothing functional.

Lovin this mod so far thank you for all your hard work! I look forward to building my first ever bases with It :-)

win7  ksp1.0.5 e.v.e interstellar planet shine Kerbal alarm clock and remote tech

Edited by P38sheep
Added context and comp build

9 hours ago, P38sheep said:

@Nils277 just downloaded this wonderful mod! I'm loving it so far and am trying to creat my first base. Few questions.

first any tips?

second I think I found a bug, the detachable wheels only attach to the meerkat (love that name btw) on one side. I tried to use symmetry to auto place it and symetry turns off when it attaches. Also holding alt doesn't align it on the far side just on the near side.

I haven't tried it on any of the other parts and gave a decent search so sorry if this has already been reported. 

Because everyone always seems to suggest an edit, some windows on the walk way tubes would be cool, just aesthetic nothing functional.

Lovin this mod so far thank you for all your hard work! I look forward to building my first ever bases with It :-)

win7  ksp1.0.5 e.v.e interstellar planet shine Kerbal alarm clock and remote tech

1. You could try out the sample vessle or look at the galleries from the OP. They can show how to deploy a base :wink: 

2. The symmetry is an old enemy of me :wink: And this seems to unfortunately be an error/feature of KPS itself. For surface attachment this should work, but when the leg snaps to a node then symmetry is turned off. I think KSP does not support symmetrical attachment for nodes.. :(

3. Windows on the tubes may be a good idea bit i'm afraid that won't be possible with the way a contruct the tubes currently. But i will have a look at it.

@Spheniscine I have been able to reproduce the bug with the not extracting vessels you have mentioned. I will take care of that bug in the update. I also have searched the contract system to find a way to update the contracts when deploying. There is a method called Update() for a contract. I just have to find out how to use the API to get the active contracts...

Not sure if anyone else brought this up yet, but in the USI life support support parts, it looks like there's a mixup in the resources.The greenhouse turns Mulch, Fertilizer, and Electric Charge into Supplies, which makes sense. Kerbals eat supplies, make mulch, you use the Algae Farm to turn mulch and ore into fertilizer, and then the Greenhouse takes all three and turns it into supplies.

Now, the smaller Greenhouse Container takes just Mulch and Electric Charge, and turns that into Supplies, eliminates the need for fertilizer by the looks of it, making it much easier to make supplies. Is this working as designed, or was the fertilizer requirement accidentally left out?

15 minutes ago, Vladthemad said:

Not sure if anyone else brought this up yet, but in the USI life support support parts, it looks like there's a mixup in the resources.The greenhouse turns Mulch, Fertilizer, and Electric Charge into Supplies, which makes sense. Kerbals eat supplies, make mulch, you use the Algae Farm to turn mulch and ore into fertilizer, and then the Greenhouse takes all three and turns it into supplies.

Now, the smaller Greenhouse Container takes just Mulch and Electric Charge, and turns that into Supplies, eliminates the need for fertilizer by the looks of it, making it much easier to make supplies. Is this working as designed, or was the fertilizer requirement accidentally left out?

Well this is mostly due to the somewhat outdated support for USI-LS that will be updated with the next release.
When i added support for USI-LS the small USI greenhouse also only converted Mulch into Supplies. The difference was that there was a loss of ~30% (i think) in the process so you get less and less supplies/mulch. The big greenhouse had an efficiency of 100% but needed fertilizer.

With the next update both will need fertilizer to work. 

10 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Well this is mostly due to the somewhat outdated support for USI-LS that will be updated with the next release.
When i added support for USI-LS the small USI greenhouse also only converted Mulch into Supplies. The difference was that there was a loss of ~30% (i think) in the process so you get less and less supplies/mulch. The big greenhouse had an efficiency of 100% but needed fertilizer.

With the next update both will need fertilizer to work. 

I wondered if it was a difference in efficiency, thanks for the info...and I'll be looking forward to the update! :)

When you attach wheels and feet to the LV25 Meerkat Landing Assist or Planetary Adapter parts, while deployed the feet and wheels deploy at different heights. This causes problems when trying to add sections to already existing bases where you've already ejected the wheels.

Assuming it hasn't already been suggested somewhere in the many posts, any chance you could change it so they are the same height when deployed?

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay.. I just started to use this mod and am I missing something?  I don't seem to have larger 'wider' pieces, or is there a functionality that I am missing out on?

Have you tried clicking on the module and selecting deploy