[1.0.4]4x Kerbol system + KerbolPlus + EVE clouds pack

Angorek

About

It is a simple pack that makes stock planets and their orbits 4 times bigger. Stock system gets boring after some time, and RSS is too hard for most of the people. So I made it 4 times bigger, it`s still playable with stock parts, looks nice without heavy textures and gives a nice challenge. But in stock we only have 7 planets.. so I`ve added KerbolPlus mod to it ! I`ve also modified RVE configs so the clouds are pretty nice.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Features :

- Stock planets and their orbits are 4x bigger.

- 21 new planets and moons, from KerbolPlus pack.

- Second Eve-like planet, looks like Venus/Saturn, extremly dense atmosphere, high gravity (3g).

- Another gas giant with rings !

- Clouds, atmosphere and glow effects.

- New skybox

DOWNLOAD

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/970/Kerbol%204X

Installation :

1.Start with clean, mod-free game

2.Download and install Kerbol Plus v.2.3.5

3.Extract mod, and overwrite everything when asked.

4.Enjoy !

It will break your saves, so backup them !

Optional stuff :

- Clouds-free config

It removes the clouds, but atmosphere haze/glow is still working. It makes the sky nice and blue instead of ugly, white horizon.

Reduces memory impact as it is only 20MB.

It is also recomended for OpenGL users, as cloud shadows do not work with it and there are many annoying visual glitches.

To install it you need to delete RVE and Environmental Visual Enhancements folders, and copy the ones form zip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy78grewkeo69fu/4X%20atmo.zip?dl=0

- KSC Switcher - Not nessescary anymore, but still works. Sometimes when you load the game, the sky is black and there are some strange visual glitches. All you have to do is to change the launch site in tracking center. That fixes everything. Then you can switch it back.

-Smaller Kerbol Plus orbits - If you want them do be closer to the sun, just do not copy KerbolPlus folder from this mod. Leave original KerbolPlus files.

Known issues :

- Clouds not working with OpenGL, not my fault, can`t fix it.

Compatibility :

It is compatible with 1.0.2 and 1.0.4.

It is compatible with all mods that do not interfere with planets or textures. Do not install aditional EVE configs or planet textures for replacer, as it will cause bugs.

Resource mods should be fine.

License :

It is distributed under CC-BY-NC-SA licence.

It contains mods :

- KerbolPlus

- Kopernicus

- Texture Replacer

- Environmental Visual Enhancements with Pingopete`s RVE textures

Big thanks to guys who made this mods !

Edited by Angorek

ok thanks mate... Are this cloud packs working for Kerbol Plus too? Because I wannt to update my cloud packs! Also... THANKS!

Mind if you can make me some EVE configs for Kerbol PLus? I currently have no one to deal with thiese things...

Edited by amarius1

Any way to tone down the atmosphere glow or are you waiting for more complete releases of EVE? Beautiful planets btw :) - I also see that you have multiple cloud layers! Nice!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Thanks !

@Amarius1 It seems to be working with your mod ;) It needs some tweaking but I think I can do that ! But Keelon is going to look completly different as these textures cause bugs on it`s surface.

@Avera9eJoe I won`t reduce glow on Kerbin, because when I do so, the haze from the orbit disappears and it looks terrible. But it also changes according to the angle you look at it. I think I`m going to reduce glow only on Duna.

I think it is possible to reduce it on Kerbin too but I can`t do that. I`ve been tweaking Kerbin for two whole days, and I still don`t know what each parameter do. ( I learned in " lets see what happens if I change that " way ;) ) Unfortunately there is no manual for EVE, and it`s still quite buggy.

@KillAshley Why not 3.7 ? Because rescaling stock system took me about 30 minutes, and I`ve added Kerbol Plus making the whole new system. I`m trying to add some Kerbinside bases so I don`t need corrected KSC either ;)

I`ve uploaded it on Curse, as soon as it`s accepted I`ll post a link. Kerbalstuff and CKAN are planned too, but I can`t upload it. It goes to 100% and nothing happens :(

Thanks !

@Avera9eJoe I won`t reduce glow on Kerbin, because when I do so, the haze from the orbit disappears and it looks terrible. But it also changes according to the angle you look at it. I think I`m going to reduce glow only on Duna.

I think it is possible to reduce it on Kerbin too but I can`t do that. I`ve been tweaking Kerbin for two whole days, and I still don`t know what each parameter do. ( I learned in " lets see what happens if I change that " way ;) ) Unfortunately there is no manual for EVE, and it`s still quite buggy.

Ah... I thought that was the case. XD I fiddled with the parameters too and again, I have no clue what does what. It will probably be simpler in the future. Hopefully.

Thanks !

@Amarius1 It seems to be working with your mod ;) It needs some tweaking but I think I can do that ! But Keelon is going to look completly different as these textures cause bugs on it`s surface.

@KillAshley Why not 3.7 ? Because rescaling stock system took me about 30 minutes, and I`ve added Kerbol Plus making the whole new system. I`m trying to add some Kerbinside bases so I don`t need corrected KSC either ;)

I`ve uploaded it on Curse, as soon as it`s accepted I`ll post a link. Kerbalstuff and CKAN are planned too, but I can`t upload it. It goes to 100% and nothing happens :(

Thank you! Keelon isn't realy needed. Also, you can cange KSC's location using Kopernicus. Should I add you in the "crew" list on kerbol Plus? :)

Also, maybe you can make some specific fine print eve configs for some of the planets like Daphy so the haze only exists inside the canyons as a very dense haze. Cheers and awesome mod!

So we got a new update !

Changes :

- updated to the newest Kerbol Plus version, 2.3.5

- Sarvin is now working, so the planet arrangement is back to original from K+

- New clouds for Keelon and Eve, and nicer rings for Sarvin, with no bugs ! (at least I didn`t see any)

- Tweaked glow on some planets

- Mod uploaded to Kerbalstuff !

EVE

ZflrTEx.jpg

7jcd8sj.jpg

KEELON

kzrsKY8.jpg

Should I add you in the "crew" list on kerbol Plus?

If you want to, then yes, but not now. First I have to make the configs :) I think a week may be enough to put this configs to stock sizes, and test everything.

so the haze only exists inside the canyons as a very dense haze. Cheers and awesome mod!

I think it`s not possible right now :( But i`ll try ! And thank you very much !

Hey Angorek,

I was looking into adding your mod to CKAN (we got pinged when you created the KerbalStuff page). In your specific case it's actually a little tricky and we have several questions. I'd rather not have this whole conversation here since it'll spam your thread. You can answer the questions on github, on IRC, or if you prefer not to do either we can have the conversation here.

1.1 and 1.2 are out.

Unfortunately there will be no Kerbin Side support, because of memory impact, and licence. Well I could do that, be I have no time, I`m studying to be a commercial pilot, work etc. so very I have very little free time..

KSC Switcher no longer needed, but you can still use it if you want.

Fixed clouds on Keelon

1.1 supprots 1.0.2

1.2 supports 1.0.4 (it's just plugins difference)

If you find any bugs or glithes please let me now !

I think it`s done now. No more updates, until new ksp version.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.