Some comments from a fellow player

As someone who loves this game, has put 100's of hours in playing stock, modded, and everything in between, and would like to see it continue to get even bigger, better and more popular, I would like to throw my 2 cents in the hat on what works, what needs improvement, and a couple suggestions that would make play a little more user friendly.

First what works:

A LOT, sometimes it is hard to focus on what works when all that ever really sticks out is what doesn't work. But there is a lot that is good about this game. All the parts function as they should, the game modes offer a variety of playstyles for every different player and the game is challenging enough that it is hard but not so much that you can't get anything done. The contracts offer a nice variety for the players that choose to do them and there is enough to do and explore that you will rarely find yourself without a mission that needs completing. Really overall, this game is a knock out. 9.9/10 in my books. You guys have made a game that is on par with some of the best games in the industry. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to put KSP up there with the likes of Age of Empires II, Minecraft, Civilization, and of course my favorite Fallout. KSP has taken more hours from me than all of these games. But of course everything is not all flowers.

A couple of MINOR grievances:

The explore contracts, which IMO progress the player through career rather nicely, seem to work on their own set of rules. Sometimes they decide to show up, sometimes they don't. For the most part I can usually go into the debug menu and have them added but this seems kind of tacky and unnecessary. Other than that, if you can get the contracts to show up, I think the progression is great for players. Atmo->orbit->mun->minmus->duna->ike, and then after that you could potentially have the rest of the planets pop up because if you understand how to get to Duna, there's nothing stopping you from going anywhere.

The engineer's report. I know this was implemented with the best intentions but it is for the most part, completely loony. It will tell me I have no ladders on an unmanned probe but nothing to speak of the antennae that I forgot. It gives me a warning that I am producing electric charge with panels but not using it on the very same probe? I understand why it is there and it has the potential to be a great tool for making sure I don't forget an antennae, solar panels, batteries, etc. But as it is, it is pretty much useless... I say pretty much because it still is there to remind to drain the mono from my command pod when I have no RCS. Thanks. :)

Finally some improvements (don't worry this is short)

Precise Node

Alarm Clock

These mods would benefit the game immensely if they were stock. I have played a lot and tried out a lot of mods and these are the only 2 I can say definitively deserve to be stock.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope this is not met with too much negative feedback, as I said I love this game and only want to see it improve, so hopefully my feedback will be helpful to someone. Now if you don't mind, I have some more rockets to launch.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. However, you may want to give your thread a more descriptive title.

Same here.

Great game, not perfect.

Visual and environmental improvements would be a great bonus, but toggleable and or adjustable to cater for old machines like mine.

A few more assistance features like KAC, KER etc would also be a great improvement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.