Persistance

funfight22

If I land my ship back on kerbin, will it disappear or will I have 30 ships sitting in one area from old satellite launches?

The satellites are for the comm network addon that I can not remember the name of at all.

Also, take note that all debris (including satellites, at this point) will remain even after you end flight until it is destroyed by something or you switch to it and end flight on it.

Do the pieces of debris still experience all the forces, even when you\'re not 'following' those parts? I have a bunch of discarded fuel tank + engine stacks in orbit, with a periapsis of about 66-67 km, so they pass through the atmosphere. If I\'m doing other missions elsewhere, will those orbits decay as they should or do they run on 'reduced physics'?

I\'ve got orbiting debris that passes low through the atmosphere with no change in its path, so I don\'t think the forces on them are considered at all. Very annoying when I don\'t want to look at all these useless orbit paths.

That\'s because they are on-rails. What you can do, however, is open your save file in notepad and manually remove unwanted debris. This or do it the kerbal way - launch another rocket and collide with your debris you want to go away.

I believe that will change soon enough though as Harvester was talking about reentry estimation for rails orbits, although i am not sure if it will be part of the next update.

Anything unfocused that goes below 24km altitude will suddenly vanish without a trace. If the periapsis is higher than that, you\'ll have to get rid of it manually somehow.

The quick way is to open the persistent.sfs file and delete any vessel with _debris in the name. The fun way is to rendezvous, and use the laser mod to blow it out of the sky.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.