Say Hello to the White Bar Group!

Ah, so that's why there are people going around with only one white rep. point. I thought it was some sort of "platinum reputation bar" that you got when you maxed out even the light green bar. :sticktongue:

I wish, that would be great XD

Hm, it would be good if there was a different alt_text when you hover over the white bar. Right now when you do so you just get the username, whereas if you hover over a green bar you get "[username] is allowed to draw blueprints",etc. Maybe "[username] is quietly reputable" or some such.

Hm, it would be good if there was a different alt_text when you hover over the white bar. Right now when you do so you just get the username, whereas if you hover over a green bar you get "[username] is allowed to draw blueprints",etc. Maybe "[username] is quietly reputable" or some such.

Maybe even custom text?

You know, what? I'll join the white bar group. I'm curious to see what description I get. Although I'd rather it was a blue colour to match the forum colour scheme - and my avatar for that matter. Anyway, a single white bar looks better than a single green bar.

All I see when I hover over a white bar is the username, or is that what you meant? Misread that. Disregard.

I like windows_x_seven's idea of custom text, but I doubt the forum software supports that.

Edited by TheMoonRover
Why can't I let even one full stop go?

You know, what? I'll join the white bar group. I'm curious to see what description I get. Although I'd rather it was a blue colour to match the forum colour scheme - and my avatar for that matter. Anyway, a single white bar looks better than a single green bar.

[...]

I went for something unusual this time, what do you think?

I went for something unusual this time, what do you think?

Haha, I like that. I do edit a lot of my posts. I understand the reference too!

For some reason that made me think: "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a flying Moon Rover!" :D

I'm starting to not like this at all.

It's very confusing now. If someone goes to view the top repped people (in the member list), white bar people don't show up. So some of the best posters here appear to have no rep.

It also means that the light green group can't work anymore cause every time someone clicks "hide rep" they get taken off the list. Its causing a lot of confusion.

I get that nobody can stop it cause its a personal choice. I just think the whole bandwagon white bar group is kinda....not a good thing anymore.

Make sense?

It's very confusing now. If someone goes to view the top repped people (in the member list), white bar people don't show up. So some of the best posters here appear to have no rep.

It also means that the light green group can't work anymore cause every time someone clicks "hide rep" they get taken off the list. Its causing a lot of confusion.

I get that nobody can stop it cause its a personal choice. I just think the whole bandwagon white bar group is kinda....not a good thing anymore.

Make sense?

I agree. I think it should die, but not by a mod closing the thread. Just people slowly leaving and less people on the bandwagon.

If hiding rep didn't take you off the rep list it wouldn't be a problem. But it does. and then confusion. I don't really see them as "walking side by side" its more like the white bar group is like *attacking the light green.

*not literally of course. :P

Make sense?

I see your point, but I think the way to let it die is to just let it fade. Some people may stay with rep hidden, but I think most people will give up. I suppose that I could stop maintaining it, but I don't think that makes sense.