Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

Sign me up!

Destination: Aluminium Oxide Mun Base

Additional Mods: None

Also, which base is the Aluminium Oxide base? I don\'t actually know, just say the co-ordinates and maybe some landmarks.

EDIT: Actually my KSP just crashed when I tried to launch something with the parts, can someone figure out why?

EDIT2: Actually it just crashed AGAIN, when I tried to launch THE GAME.

It looks like a shortage of memory. The system tries to allocate memory and fails to do so.

The packs have quite a large number of parts but many parts aren\'t used. You can find a list of parts which are used in the attached file (persistent.sfs.lst). I\'ve created a 'collection mod' with the used parts which you can download here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14923883/persistent.zip (96 MB). (It\'s uploading now).

It contains all parts, plugins, data, original sfs file and the resulting list of parts. Download it, extract it and place it in your mods directory. You can use GME to add it to KSP (or remove it). No other mods are necessary. Make sure you have saved your own persistent.sfs at another location before you do so as that will be overwritten.

Cthulufaic, it\'ll be quite a while before your turn comes up anyway. If you are still seeing memory issues then, I\'ll pare down the save file to only include the Aluminium Oxide base ships that exist by then - and then TheCardinal can build an even smaller parts pack that only includes parts already used in that base.

If you look in the 'current bases' spoiler in the OP, you\'ll see that the coordinates for each base are given ::)

It looks like a shortage of memory. The system tries to allocate memory and fails to do so.

Do I just need more space or do I need more RAM? I can make more space on my computer, but I don\'t think I can get more RAM easily.

If you look in the 'current bases' spoiler in the OP, you\'ll see that the coordinates for each base are given ::)

:o Thanks, and also I\'m trying each mod one after the other to see which one is the last straw on the Kamels(didyouseewhatIdidthere?) back.

I\'d like to request a new flight to one of the bases on the mun or minmus. You and/or the other participans may decide which base would benefit the most by adding a radiomast to that base.

It will be a modification of this craft http://imgur.com/a/gsEbJ by Majiir.

Since only one mod is allowed, it must be a dummy radiomast. Mod: Damned Robotics 1.2.

Destination base: Aspiration Base

Planned additional mod: Kosmos Pack (Would they all count as a single mod, or what?)

HNNNG Please use the Low-res Kosmos if you really want to add the Kosmos pack, I don\'t think my computer could take it :(

Cthulhu... you do realize that it doesn\'t matter which of the packs he installs, only which version of the textures you install when your turn comes around, right? As you mentioned, it won\'t matter this turn anyway.

Gojira has not responded in time. StelarCF is go for launch!

Destination base: Aspiration Base

Planned additional mod: Kosmos Pack (Would they all count as a single mod, or what?)

I missed the question here at first. Each 'pack' within it counts as a separate mod - so space station parts is one, Angara is a separate one, etc. For now, I\'ve put you down as wanting to add the station parts pack - let me know if that needs to change.

Likewise, TheCardinal, I\'ve put you down for Aspiration Base since RedDwarf suggested it as the destination - if you end up picking a different one, just let me know!

I missed the question here at first. Each 'pack' within it counts as a separate mod - so space station parts is one, Angara is a separate one, etc. For now, I\'ve put you down as wanting to add the station parts pack - let me know if that needs to change.

Crap. My original design used all three. Essentially Angara to launch it, modules as a base, and LK as a sky-crane, to set it down. Well, give me a day to tell you which of the three I want!

Flight to Silisko Crater Dais begins sometime after 19:45 GMT+1, when I have access to my desktop. I shouldn\'t need condensed files - I have 8 gigs of RAM. Not sure of my graphics capabilities, but it shouldn\'t grind to a halt.

I built a rover on my laptop that I really want to use for this, but my laptop is currently dead.

Also, I think whenever my next flight comes along, it\'ll be with IFE, since that\'s all I use now for extra realism.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.