Why is /r/kerbalspaceprogram private ?

Abdu

The message they left gives a pretty good indication ;)

a message from the moderators of /r/KerbalSpaceProgram

We will be experiencing a brief bit of radio silence as we journey around the dark side of the Mun with the other protesting subreddits. KSC will be in touch soon!

The Kerbal Space Program subreddit. For all your gaming related, space exploration needs.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com

Here's the full story: https://np.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/

The best part was watching the spasms after the rules update regarding online bullying, all those little man-children throwing an internet fit... Now this. REDDIT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

What the heck is with all of your hatred towards reddit? It's not that bad! It is not perfect, but from the way most people here are talking about it you'd think it was worse than Rebecca Black's "Friday."
For me it's the fact that they pretty much tolerated hate groups up until recently (and probably still do so long as they're not targeting individuals) while having an utterly unreadable design (even 4Chan reads easier, and it's pretty crappy to begin with).

What the heck is with all of your hatred towards reddit? It's not that bad! It is not perfect, but from the way most people here are talking about it you'd think it was worse than Rebecca Black's "Friday."

i don't hate reddit i hate pao because she ruined reddit and she's a bit rude actually after i read this post from a former reddit employee

Less than a month later, in February of 2015, I received a call from Ellen stating that I was to be terminated in less than a week. When I asked what the specific reason was, she had roughly stated that “because of our discussion, you are too sick to properly fulfill your duties as Community Manager.†(At no point during our meeting was this stated - I had raised concerns about the stress levels of Community Management, but had ultimately decided that it was something I could easily manage.)

the dude had cancer and she kicked him right out

source

It's always great to give credit to the original :^)

I pray to Talos that you are right.

Same here.

...having an utterly unreadable design (even 4Chan reads easier, and it's pretty crappy to begin with).

Agreed. This is the one thing that really keeps me off of Reddit, other than the fact that the community is pretty bad worse than the KSP Forum's.

Edited by mythbusters844
Removed double post

Gentlemen, ladies, please avoid making any baseless claims or personal attacks against reddit staff, we're better than that, they will get over this issue in a day or so.

It is unfortunate that this incident has affected our brothers and sisters on r/kerbal space program, and many may come here who might not have given our forum a chance before, so lets show them that we're above any petty squabbling, thank you.

Right now things may look bad, but so many people use Reddit, and would miss it if it were gone, that I think unless a huge majority of users are in agreement that problems can't be fixed and abandon the site in droves, it will recover.

Edit: That said, I think this forum is the best place to read and write about KSP.

Edited by basic.syntax

You posted the same image I did. :P

You seem to be unable to comprehend the basic concepts of "giving credit" or an "original", do you? Please tell me you were talking about something other than the link I posted. You cannot possibly be that...nevermind, I'll stop here.

Edited by mythbusters844

What the heck is with all of your hatred towards reddit?

On top of having one of the most confusing and user unfriendly user interfaces in all of creation... the fact that it's a popularity contest. Flow with the groupthink, or be downvoted into oblivion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.