[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

9 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@JPLRepo

I'm testing the latest dev build (1.3.1.3):

• It's still doing the SAS issue I reported a while back (not sure I ever made an issue tracker for this one, and I know this dev version wasn't supposed to fix it anyway).
    • Repro steps: Launch a stayputnik or anything without an SAS module and open AmpYear (subsystems tab might need to be open as well). Watch AY continuously try to apply SAS and display messages to the effect of "Can't apply SAS as none is present" even with the SAS module button unselected in AY.

@Deimos Rast

I'm unable to reproduce this. Launching a stayputnik (no SAS module) is fine.
Is this the message you see: "<vesselname> - Cannot Engage SAS - Autopilot function not available"?
In your log do you also see lots of these messages?:
SAS - disabled.
SAS - enabled.

Are you setting SAS to ON (on the NavBall) before this occurs?
Does the vessel still have EC when this occurs?
Do you also have my KabinKraziness mod installed?
Can you repeat and capture the exact screen message?
I've looked at the code, I am unable to reproduce, and the code looks solid.

1. Correct.
  2. No. (Edit: See new log below) Log here. "AmpYear Scenario OnSave completed." is all I see.
    1. Note: This is a rather long running log/game and there is some dirtiness in the intro of it (I believe it's related to an unofficial Telemachus build I was testing earlier). I've been using this play through to track down bugs and I haven't exited out of the game yet. I can give you a fresh log/game if you'd like.
  3. No. See pic.
  4. Vessel is at 100% EC and has solar panel with direct sunlight. I've done it with the Electricity Cheat on in the past as well.
  5. No, no Kabin Kraziness going on over here.
  6. See pic below. Note: it only occurs with the Subsystem tab open.

I'm pretty sure it works as expected when I do have an available SAS. I know it also affects kerballed craft as well (non-pilots).

Edit: Here is a clean log.

oIWH8ZD.png

Edited by Deimos Rast

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:
  1. Correct.
  2. No. (Edit: See new log below) Log here. "AmpYear Scenario OnSave completed." is all I see.
    1. Note: This is a rather long running log/game and there is some dirtiness in the intro of it (I believe it's related to an unofficial Telemachus build I was testing earlier). I've been using this play through to track down bugs and I haven't exited out of the game yet. I can give you a fresh log/game if you'd like.
  3. No. See pic.
  4. Vessel is at 100% EC and has solar panel with direct sunlight. I've done it with the Electricity Cheat on in the past as well.
  5. No, no Kabin Kraziness going on over here.
  6. See pic below. Note: it only occurs with the Subsystem tab open.

I'm pretty sure it works as expected when I do have an available SAS. I know it also affects kerballed craft as well (non-pilots).

Edit: Here is a clean log.

I cannot understand how that is happening... nor can I reproduce it.
Works fine for me. I've made some adjustments to not display this message and added a tooltip to the SAS button in "Subsys" menu and disabled it if the vessel is not SAS capable (has no SAS or pilot).
Cc3q18V.png

Edited by JPLRepo

Time to run the ol' cost benefit analysis.:D

• No practical impact on gameplay
  • Very limited scenario in which it occurs
  • A guess: limited users affected? Maybe Linux specific? (I seem to remember some time ago you mentioning you test on Windows/Mac? I could be making that up)
  • Can't be reproduced and the log (as far as I can tell) doesn't so anything to indicate it, so it's pretty much a screenshot and my word. I could do a time lapsed video, if you really really want proof.
  • Still, I can see how this would be annoying, as it could signal something else is wrong.

Let me know if you need anything else. It's 5am, I'm going to call it quits. I am about to launch a TST telescope first.:)

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Time to run the ol' cost benefit analysis.:D

• No practical impact on gameplay
  • Very limited scenario in which it occurs
  • A guess: limited users affected? Maybe Linux specific? (I seem to remember some time ago you mentioning you test on Windows/Mac? I could be making that up)
  • Can't be reproduced and the log (as far as I can tell) doesn't so anything to indicate it, so it's pretty much a screenshot and my word. I could do a time lapsed video, if you really really want proof.
  • Still, I can see how this would be annoying, as it could signal something else is wrong.

Let me know if you need anything else. It's 5am, I'm going to call it quits. I am about to launch a TST telescope first.:)

I've resolved it by changing the behaviour as above. That message won't appear and SAS is disabled in AmpYear menu if the vessel is not capable of SAS

4 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Version 1.3.2.0 Published. See the changelog in the OP.

Looks like a very respectable update; glad to see a lot of suggestions made it in.:)

Small thing: the mouseover tooltip (on the little version) on Spacedock still mentions ION RCS parts are included.

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Looks like a very respectable update; glad to see a lot of suggestions made it in.:)

Small thing: the mouseover tooltip (on the little version) on Spacedock still mentions ION RCS parts are included.

Re: Spacedock - Ah yes, that little text box. Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Breeze said:

AVC is saying there is a new version, but nothing on CKAN. Is CKAN up to date?

Read the OP:
Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use Zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods.
Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains.

Suggestion:

Could you implement a function that checks if a reactor is set to a lower Power Setting than 100, so if yes and the batteries are nearly empty before starting the ESP increasing the reactor Power Setting until the total power output is in surplus?
This feature could be toggled on/off and the trigger value should be the percentage set up in AY preferences in SPC.
The increasing steps of the Power Setting should be 5% at first, AY could remember the difference from before this first adjustment and afterwards and calculate what is needed and jump to the fitting value accordingly so finally a surplus is achieved.
Perhaps also a higher output at first until the batteries are half full reach the ESP trigger value in percent and then down to the value that the batteries are still loaded but with a lower rate.

Edited by Gordon Dry

Is it possible to allow the ION RCS parts to be scaled via TweakScale?  I have an obsession with Near Future/KSPI-E mods and .625M probes.  The RCS-ION thrusters are awesome for use with xenon, no argon support but they are slightly too large to be used on .625M probes.  I could probably create a MM config myself but sometimes with alternate resources things get a bit more confusing.

2 hours ago, Trolllception said:

Is it possible to allow the ION RCS parts to be scaled via TweakScale?  I have an obsession with Near Future/KSPI-E mods and .625M probes.  The RCS-ION thrusters are awesome for use with xenon, no argon support but they are slightly too large to be used on .625M probes.  I could probably create a MM config myself but sometimes with alternate resources things get a bit more confusing.

From the OP:
If you are looking for the ION RCS parts that used to be part of this mod go here.
With that said, just add your own MM file:

Spoiler

@PART[IONRCSBlock45]:FOR[IONRCS]:NEEDS[Scale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type =  surface        
    }
}

@PART[IONRCSBlock]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type =  surface        
    }
}

Edited by JPLRepo

I got a disgusting problem.

On timewarp the battery went down to about 60% and stopped there, but later it emptied fast and timewarp stopped.

Now I can't change the percent usage of the reactor which I set to 10% because it way produced too much EC - I need it later on the 2nd stage of the probe for the ION thrusters.

Why can't I just increase the power output of the reactor when in Emergency SP mode? This way I'm helpless...

Edited by Gordon Dry

12 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got a disgusting problem.

On timewarp the battery went down to about 60% and stopped there, but later it emptied fast and timewarp stopped.

Now I can't change the percent usage of the reactor which I set to 10% because it way produced too much EC - I need it later on the 2nd stage of the probe for the ION thrusters.

Why can't I just increase the power output of the reactor when in Emergency SP mode? This way I'm helpless...

Not sure what happened with your timewarp. Are you able to reliably reproduce that problem? and the steps to reproduce it?
There was a time EC consumption during timewarp was bugged. Not sure this has recently been fixed or not, so it could be related, or not.

I don't understand this... what reactor? is this stock? or a mod? and what percent usage are you referring to? Are you talking about an AmpYear setting?

Because ESP functions as per the OP. It shuts down and starts up parts, that's all. I think you are asking for a new feature to be added? To alter the function of a vessel part, for a part that I am not sure is even stock?

Edited by JPLRepo

It's the reactor called "Non RO - WIP needs input" that works fine - usually.

I opened the ALT+F12 and cheated "Infinite electricity" and waited until the battery was full - on time warp because I didn't magically had a full battery after that cheat but a magic power output.

After that I tried to move the power output slider of the reactor - didn't work.

I tried to start the engine (I shut it down after each maneuver because it uses FusionPellets all the time) - didn't work.

The problem is that after the ESP shut down everything (and I managed it to get some EC into the battery afterwards) I was not able to change the power output of the reactor or start the engine, it was locked.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8m7w1mje7srpko/2016-06-08-1 AmpYear - reactor power output slider issue.7z?dl=0

1 minute ago, Gordon Dry said:

It's the reactor called "Non RO - WIP needs input" that works fine - usually.

I opened the ALT+F12 and cheated "Infinite electricity" and waited until the battery was full - on time warp because I didn't magically had a full battery after that cheat but a magic power output.

After that I tried to move the power output slider of the reactor - didn't work.

I tried to start the engine (I shut it down after each maneuver because it uses FusionPellets all the time) - didn't work.

The problem is that after the ESP shut down everything (and I managed it to get some EC into the battery afterwards) I was not able to change the power output of the reactor or start the engine, it was locked.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8m7w1mje7srpko/2016-06-08-1 AmpYear - reactor power output slider issue.7z?dl=0

What mod is this part from? and what is it called?

Sounds like AmpYear shut it down - which it should - but it never got restarted, which could be a bug, but I would probably need to do my own testing (once I know what part it is from what mod).  Also, it sounds like you should exclude it from ESP processing in the future if you don't want it shutdown by ESP.

It says it's not supported by AmpYear anyway and only read out ...

It's from NFE.

Excerpt from ModuleManager.ConfigCache:

Spoiler

UrlConfig
{
	name = reactor-375
	type = PART
	parentUrl = NearFutureElectrical/Parts/FissionReactors/reactor-375/reactor-375
	url = NearFutureElectrical/Parts/FissionReactors/reactor-375/reactor-375/reactor-375
	PART
	{
		name = reactor-375
		module = Part
		author = ChrisAdderley
		rescaleFactor = 1
		TechRequired = advNuclearPower
		entryCost = 1240000
		node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9629021, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
		node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.8371854, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
		cost = 502750
		subcategory = 0
		title = WIP RO - NEED INPUT
		manufacturer = Kerb Kastria Inc.
		description = NEED INPUT (PART IN PROGRESS, MAY NOT WORK)
		attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1
		mass = 5.4
		dragModelType = default
		maximum_drag = 0.2
		minimum_drag = 0.2
		angularDrag = 1
		crashTolerance = 11
		bulkheadProfiles = size3
		emissiveConstant = 0.15
		heatConductivity = 0.005
		thermalMassModifier = 2.0
		breakingForce = 200
		breakingTorque = 200
		tags = active atom charge e/c elect energ generat nuclear nuke power thermo volt watt reactor nearfuture
		maxTemp = 1073.15
		RSSROConfig = False
		category = 8
		MODULE
		{
			name = FissionReactor
			StartActionName = Start Reactor
			StopActionName = Deactivate Reactor
			UseStagingIcon = true
			UseForcedActivation = true
			UseSpecializationBonus = false
			AutoShutdown = true
			DefaultShutoffTemp = 0.90
			HeatGeneration = 65000
			NominalTemperature = 900
			CriticalTemperature = 1350
			CoreDamageRate = 0.004
			OverheatAnimation = Reactor_2MW_Heat
			FuelName = EnrichedUranium
			GeneratesHeat = false
			PowerCurve
			{
				key = 0 0 0 0
				key = 307.3983 163.379 1.620077 2.286659
				key = 900 4000
				key = 1260.976 4208.604 0.7080951 0.7080951
				key = 1596.748 5045.541 0 0
			}
			TemperatureModifier
			{
				key = 0 0
			}
			INPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = EnrichedUranium
				Ratio = 0.00000540
				FlowMode = NO_FLOW
			}
			OUTPUT_RESOURCE
			{
				ResourceName = DepletedFuel
				Ratio = 0.00000540
				DumpExcess = false
				FlowMode = NO_FLOW
			}
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleCoreHeat
			CoreTempGoal = 900
			CoreToPartRatio = 0.1
			CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0
			CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.1
			HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.05
			CoolingRadiantMultiplier = 0
			HeatTransferMultiplier = 0
			CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0.01
			radiatorCoolingFactor = 1
			radiatorHeatingFactor = 0.01
			MaxCalculationWarp = 1000
			CoreShutdownTemp = 6000
			MaxCoolant = 1350
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = FissionGenerator
			PowerGeneration = 2000
			HeatUsed = 1300
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			amount = 50400
			maxAmount = 50400
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = EnrichedUranium
			amount = 320
			maxAmount = 320
		}
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = DepletedFuel
			amount = 0
			maxAmount = 350
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = RadioactiveStorageContainer
			DangerousFuel = DepletedFuel
			SafeFuel = EnrichedUranium
			EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
			EngineerLevelForDangerous = 3
			MaxTempForTransfer = 400
			HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = AYPart
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ThermalMonitor
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
			Menu = Disassemble Part
			ResourceName = MaterialKits
			Efficiency = .5
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleAeroReentry
			skinHeatConductivity = 1.0
			skinThicknessFactor = 0.90
			leaveTemp = True
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = GeometryPartModule
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = FARAeroPartModule
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = FARPartModule
		}
		MODEL
		{
			model = NearFutureElectrical/Parts/FissionReactors/reactor-375/reactor-375
			scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
		}
	}
}

@Gordon Dry That's just seems to be a NFE fission reactor.

From the OP below. It actually seems like it might be a bug, since if there isn't supposed to be ESP support, getting shutdown by ESP is probably not working as intended. Also something to consider is the thermal efficiency of the reactor, which might play a role. Lastly, most of Nertea's reactors aren't called "WIP - Need Input" so maybe RO reworked it (although I have/recognize all the modules on it). In the future, you could try something like HyperEdit to just move the ElectricCharge resource to full (it's a great tool).

Fixed support for all Near Future Electrical modules. (No ESP Support).

Edited by Deimos Rast

I'm seeing an interesting issue involving AmpYear, or specifically, removing AmpYear.  If I create a game save with AmpYear installed, and then remove it, when I load the save and go into the Tracking Center, I'm not able to take control of unmanned vessels - the button is grayed out.  I run a lot of mods, though, so I'm going to check this on a fresh install and verify it there.  Anyone else seen this happen? 

9 minutes ago, panarchist said:

I'm seeing an interesting issue involving AmpYear, or specifically, removing AmpYear.  If I create a game save with AmpYear installed, and then remove it, when I load the save and go into the Tracking Center, I'm not able to take control of unmanned vessels - the button is grayed out.  I run a lot of mods, though, so I'm going to check this on a fresh install and verify it there.  Anyone else seen this happen? 

Read back 3 or 4 pages would be my advice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.