[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Ampyear 1.5.6 released for KSP 1.8.x

Will try to do all my other mods this weekend as well.

Thanks for this.  I was going to ask you when you were present in someone's Twitch stream the other day (Rocketology's, perhaps) but I thought I'd just wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't see anyone mentioning a similar problem.

I got the latest 1.5.6.0 of AmpYear on KSP 1.8

The mod seems to be working fine, I can see the menu in the VAB, it's responsive and updating.

But I can't seem to find the reserve batteries anywhere.

ampYear_Z1K_ReserveBatteryBank

ampYear_Z100_ReserveBatteryPack

ampYear_Z400_ReserveBatteryPack

These part files and folders are in GameData, but they're not showing up in the game.

Also interestingly, the "Janitor's Closet" filtering mod doesn't seem to list AmpYear, so I can't filter by it.

I tried to filter by "Reserve Power" option, but the batteries still not showing up.

I would be happy if you could help me figure out what's wrong.

If you are interested, I can send you my log files, just tell me how and from where would you like to receive them.

Thank you so much in advance.

10 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

If you are interested, I can send you my log files, just tell me how and from where would you like to receive them.

See the link in my sig block on how to report problems/issues.  You should post log as a link to a file sharing service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.  Never post full logs directly to the forums; the moderators will remove log posted this way because it makes it difficult for people on mobile devices.

Edited by Brigadier

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I believe the curved solar panels from Near Future have lost their compatibility again.

The parts which are not calculated, that I can find are;

NIV-30 Curved Solar Array and NIV-45 Curved Solar Array.

I haven't tested all parts from Near Future but other parts seems to be calculated.

Thank you so much in advance for your concern and have a wonderful day...

UPDATE:

I'm also noticing that the PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator is not calculated. =(

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
About PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator

I'm getting a strange issue with AmpYear in KSP 1.7.3, running RO / RP-1 along with TAC-LS and USI-MKS: 

The KSP loading sequence gets stuck when it tries to compile the USI-MKS Tundra PDU part. KSP doesn't crash or even become unresponsive. The loading screen continues to turn over, but it doesn't progress. No warnings, errors, or exceptions are thrown in the KSP log. Removing AmpYear allows the game to load normally. 

Thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND

It turned out to be an issue with the AmpyYear MM config file. The definition for integration with RO is incorrect. Why this causes it to choke on this particular part? I have no idea. However, the fix is simple because you change one line:

@RESOURCE

should be

@RESOURCE[ReservePower]

Happy to submit an issue on github or just upload my fixed version if you'd like.

Edited by Omnipius
Solution found

On 12/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, Omnipius said:

I'm getting a strange issue with AmpYear in KSP 1.7.3, running RO / RP-1 along with TAC-LS and USI-MKS: 

The KSP loading sequence gets stuck when it tries to compile the USI-MKS Tundra PDU part. KSP doesn't crash or even become unresponsive. The loading screen continues to turn over, but it doesn't progress. No warnings, errors, or exceptions are thrown in the KSP log. Removing AmpYear allows the game to load normally. 

Thoughts? Suggestions?

It turned out to be an issue with the AmpyYear MM config file. The definition for integration with RO is incorrect. Why this causes it to choke on this particular part? I have no idea. However, the fix is simple because you change one line:

@RESOURCE

should be

@RESOURCE[ReservePower]

Happy to submit an issue on github or just upload my fixed version if you'd like.

Suggest updating to the latest version of KSP and the mod. I only support the latest version.

• 1 month later...

Hello !

So, KSP 1.9 is out !!

But unfortunately "Vessel xx wasn't loaded because it had the following part missing : reserveBatteryPack".

Good luck :)

(Gonna search in KSP.log if I can find anything, but could take a bit of time, or I could not find anything...)

turn out I found them pretty fast :

Spoiler

[ERR 21:26:48.466] The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

[ERR 21:26:48.466] Unknown error occurred while loading 'archive:/CAB-8e02495c2ff1dac395e0e501cd533753/CAB-8e02495c2ff1dac395e0e501cd533753'.

[ERR 21:26:48.467] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\KSPedia\ampyear.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 21:26:48.467] Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\KSPedia\ampyear.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 21:26:48.467] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 21:26:48.757] The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

[ERR 21:26:48.757] Unknown error occurred while loading 'archive:/CAB-11a38aa0119483f89fa119c50d4030d9/CAB-11a38aa0119483f89fa119c50d4030d9'.

[ERR 21:26:48.757] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SCANsat\Resources\KSPedia\scansat.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 21:26:48.757] Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SCANsat\Resources\KSPedia\scansat.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 21:26:48.757] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

Edited by Sppion1

Just now, leatherneck6017 said:

It's been out for like an hour. Why would you expect this mod, or ANY mod, to be updated?

I don't expect any of them to be, just telling modders which parts are criticals. Just trying to help. But I'm sure I need to wait for some mod to be updated, with some still being 1.7 :)

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Release time for update to my mods to 1.9 = When I have some time over the coming week + a logarithmic multiplier for each person that asks for when it's going to be updated.

Just curious, what's the base of that log function?  It makes a difference if I'm going to be the first person to ask? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I'm having an issue with your recent update (at least I think it is Ampyear. Had trouble triangulating which mod in your folder is causing the issue).

The red exit button along with the VAB and SPH no longer work. the back button seems to try and bring me to X1 Warp. Attaching a log file.

If you need anything else, lmk. I had a lot of mods installed (100+) but the log file is only of the test with just reposoft folder +MM

Thankyou for all the hard work!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, kirmie44 said:

Hello, I'm having an issue with your recent update (at least I think it is Ampyear. Had trouble triangulating which mod in your folder is causing the issue).

The red exit button along with the VAB and SPH no longer work. the back button seems to try and bring me to X1 Warp. Attaching a log file.

If you need anything else, lmk. I had a lot of mods installed (100+) but the log file is only of the test with just reposoft folder +MM

Thankyou for all the hard work!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

Straight off the bat. I can see you have Contract Configurator and ResearchBodies installed under KSP 1.9.1. Both of these mods don't support 1.9.1 yet.

20 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Straight off the bat. I can see you have Contract Configurator and ResearchBodies installed under KSP 1.9.1. Both of these mods don't support 1.9.1 yet.

yeah, ill give you a third strike against me. After reinstalling it, it seems to work fine. I think CKAN must have installed the update wrong.

I'm asking for trouble, but the other mods "work" and I've tried the process of reverting all my mods and game back to 1.8.1 and I spend hours figuring out what's broken. good luck on future updates!

On 11/19/2017 at 5:13 AM, JPLRepo said:

1 = hi, 2 = med, 3 = low

Highest priority = most critical. So last to shutdown and first to restart

High priority = 1. And will be last to shutdown and first to restart.

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, Omnipius said:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

@RESOURCE

should be

@RESOURCE[ReservePower]

Took forever to find this, thanks @Omnipius

Ok The reply of "I suggest updating to the current version of KSP".... seems abit "deaf" to your issue, that being RO/RP1 in RSS.

I had the issue too and AmpYear is a "essential mod" for all "Realistic Progression 1 career's" in RSS/RO.

Could you please send a message to the RP1 guys, namely @siimav as he seems to update the "how to install" pages, so we can all see your fix?

To mod author/maintainer.... could you please update a single line in a single MM file for the RSS/RO/RP1 communities? I know its a pain but we are always a version or so of KSP behind due to the massive dependencies for a correct "mod-pack" set-up... Please & thank you

On 9/4/2020 at 2:20 AM, Aazard said:

Took forever to find this, thanks @Omnipius

Ok The reply of "I suggest updating to the current version of KSP".... seems abit "deaf" to your issue, that being RO/RP1 in RSS.

I had the issue too and AmpYear is a "essential mod" for all "Realistic Progression 1 career's" in RSS/RO.

Could you please send a message to the RP1 guys, namely @siimav as he seems to update the "how to install" pages, so we can all see your fix?

To mod author/maintainer.... could you please update a single line in a single MM file for the RSS/RO/RP1 communities? I know its a pain but we are always a version or so of KSP behind due to the massive dependencies for a correct "mod-pack" set-up... Please & thank you

I will update the MM cfg in the next week (plan to update for 1.10.x). Not sure that helps you though unless RSS/R0/RP1 is also updated to 1.10.x

7 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I will update the MM cfg in the next week (plan to update for 1.10.x). Not sure that helps you though unless RSS/R0/RP1 is also updated to 1.10.x

no I'm not on 1.10.x ... using KSP 1.8.1 with ampyear V1.5.7.0 (for ksp 1.9 but seems ok). I was hoping the V1.5.7.0 (for ksp 1.7.. but likley unneeded), V1.5.6.0 (for ksp 1.8) & V1.5.7.0 (for ksp 1.9) versions (as the oldest "supported" RP1 is for v1.7...but I assume whem RP1 for ksp 1.9 is out it will be dropped)

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.