[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

14 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Which KAS are you using? the new WIP KAS 1.0? That does not have Winch or Magnet part... so this message is normal for that.
You can get the old KAS which does have the Winch and Magnet for 1.2 and it does work.

As for NFE - The reactor itself doesn't generate EC. Not sure why it's appearing in the Power producer parts list. I'll look into that.
The partmodule that produces EC is called FissionGenerator and it's broken so I need to fix that. I missed these changes to NFE.

The KAS I have has the Magnet and Winches, so the old one.

Here is a log if you're curious.

Is there a way to disable AmpYear adding reserve power to all unmanned pods? Free EC seem cheaty to me.

On another note, when AmpYear Manager is disabled on a vessel, I can't use SAS or RCS. Is it intended behavior (which means one should never disable the manager) or a bug?

49 minutes ago, garwel said:

Is there a way to disable AmpYear adding reserve power to all unmanned pods? Free EC seem cheaty to me.

On another note, when AmpYear Manager is disabled on a vessel, I can't use SAS or RCS. Is it intended behavior (which means one should never disable the manager) or a bug?

Q1) Yes. Edit the file <KSPinstalldir>\GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\MMConfigAmpYear.cfg.
Remove the lines in bold (don't remove or change the others).

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebAR202],!MODULE[MechJebPod]]:NEEDS[AmpYear&!RealismOverhaul]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ReservePower
        amount = 80
        maxAmount = 80
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = AYCrewPart
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebAR202],!MODULE[MechJebPod]]:NEEDS[AmpYear&RealismOverhaul]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        @name = ReservePower
        @amount = 1000
        @maxAmount = 1000
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = AYCrewPart
    }    
}

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[FlagSite]]:NEEDS[AmpYear]
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = AYPart
    }
}

Q2) Yes that is the intended behaviour.

I really enjoy this mod and I appreciate your work on it.  I think the current version is "breaking" remote probe control in KSP version 1.2.  I uninstalled all my mods and remote probe control worked.  I then added all the mods back 1 at a time and when I added this mod it stopped working.  I then deleted AmpYear and it worked again.  FYI

On 03/11/2016 at 6:39 AM, Petrucio said:

I really enjoy this mod and I appreciate your work on it.  I think the current version is "breaking" remote probe control in KSP version 1.2.  I uninstalled all my mods and remote probe control worked.  I then added all the mods back 1 at a time and when I added this mod it stopped working.  I then deleted AmpYear and it worked again.  FYI

Ok thanks will take a look.
EDIT: I want to take a look at this and KAS integration before I do an update release for 1.2.1.
In the meantime the current release should work with 1.2.1 (just accept for the AVC version warning on startup).

Edited by JPLRepo

On 03/11/2016 at 6:39 AM, Petrucio said:

I'm going to need a bit more detail.
What mods do you have installed? Please provide a log.
Remote Probe Control seems to be working fine with AmpYear installed.
AmpYear installed and remote control if probe working fine:

Spoiler

HiQAkwG.png

20 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I'm going to need a bit more detail.
What mods do you have installed? Please provide a log.
Remote Probe Control seems to be working fine with AmpYear installed.
AmpYear installed and remote control if probe working fine:

Reveal hidden contents

HiQAkwG.png

I downloaded and installed your latest version (1.4.3) and I cannot recreate the error, so you must have fixed it.   I started with no mods installed (probe control worked) and then added all my mods in one at a time (AmpYear Last) and probe control worked 100% of the time.  With the last version of AmpYear(1.4.2) it failed 100% of the time.

Here are my mods in case you're still interested:

• Atmosphere Autopilot
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • Kerbal Engineer (1.2 beta off of GitHub)
  • Hyperedit
  • Landertron
  • MechJeb2
  • Navyfish (Docking Port Alignment)
  • Planetary Base
  • RCS Buildaid
  • RealChute
  • SafeChute
  • ScanSat
  • Surface Lights
  • Trajectories
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock

Hi! Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I love the mod. However, I'm having some issues with it.

I have, as you can see in the screenshot below, a ScanSAT biome scanner (Multispectral Scanner) on my vessel. When I have it enabled, it reports a power drain of 0.02, but my power storage is going down by 0.7. The config of the Multispectral Scanner says the power usage is 1, which makes sense to the drain I am seeing. Is there something weird with the calculations?

LQcYO7R.png

Hi JLPRepo,

I really love AmpYear - thank you very much!!

My question is following. I am an user of KSPI-E and I love it, it is the reason for my most recent affair with KSP. But their EC resources(I guess mainly the alternative MegaJoule resource) do not show up in AmpYear, leaving me with a red battery all the time. Using MJ effectively kills the AmpYear EC overview it seems. Or maybe I am doing something wrong...

Though I think I understand why @FreeThinker came up with MegaJoules, I am not suggesting every EC mod developer aligns with this approach - I can also imagine why that would not be preferable for you.

However, would there not be some easy way to support KSPI-E in AmpYear, something that does not require any structural changes? Like, maybe, just converting MJ to regular EC for AmpYear purposes (since MJ is always tapped before RC is, that might be an option)? Or something similar that make this energy show up in AmpYear?

Just a hopeful suggestion,

Dr. Scarlett

2 hours ago, DrScarlett said:

Hi JLPRepo,

I really love AmpYear - thank you very much!!

My question is following. I am an user of KSPI-E and I love it, it is the reason for my most recent affair with KSP. But their EC resources(I guess mainly the alternative MegaJoule resource) do not show up in AmpYear, leaving me with a red battery all the time. Using MJ effectively kills the AmpYear EC overview it seems. Or maybe I am doing something wrong...

Though I think I understand why @FreeThinker came up with MegaJoules, I am not suggesting every EC mod developer aligns with this approach - I can also imagine why that would not be preferable for you.

However, would there not be some easy way to support KSPI-E in AmpYear, something that does not require any structural changes? Like, maybe, just converting MJ to regular EC for AmpYear purposes (since MJ is always tapped before RC is, that might be an option)? Or something similar that make this energy show up in AmpYear?

Just a hopeful suggestion,

Dr. Scarlett

KSPIE MJ has been around since the original KSPI was created.
and you are right AmpYear does not support it currently.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting log spam

[LOG 13:23:09.579] 12/2/2016 1:23:09 PM,AmpYear-USILSWrapper,Invoke LifeSupportRecipe Method failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 13:23:09.579] 12/2/2016 1:23:09 PM,AmpYear,Wrong USI LS version - disabled.

in flight with USI LS v0.5.12, and as far back as at least v0.5.10 (probably even earlier). Apparently there have been some breaking API changes?

On 12/2/2016 at 11:27 PM, MaxRebo said:

I'm getting log spam

[LOG 13:23:09.579] 12/2/2016 1:23:09 PM,AmpYear-USILSWrapper,Invoke LifeSupportRecipe Method failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 13:23:09.579] 12/2/2016 1:23:09 PM,AmpYear,Wrong USI LS version - disabled.

in flight with USI LS v0.5.12, and as far back as at least v0.5.10 (probably even earlier). Apparently there have been some breaking API changes?

Yes it appears USI LS has been changed significantly.
As I don't use it I hadn't kept up with it, and after all, I wrote my mods for my own personal use.. So adding other mod compatibility is just when I have time.
That said I've raised a ticket so one day I will get around to fixing it.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/issues/55

On 11/10/2016 at 8:40 PM, Tivec said:

Hi! Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I love the mod. However, I'm having some issues with it.

I have, as you can see in the screenshot below, a ScanSAT biome scanner (Multispectral Scanner) on my vessel. When I have it enabled, it reports a power drain of 0.02, but my power storage is going down by 0.7. The config of the Multispectral Scanner says the power usage is 1, which makes sense to the drain I am seeing. Is there something weird with the calculations?

Well I can't explain that one. According to the ScanSAT settings for that part the EC usage is 1 unit. Given physics steps the 0.02 is correct.
I have no idea why it's drawing more than that. Will take some time to investigate.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/issues/57

...and one more bug that has been brought to my attention.
RemoteTech integration is currently broken as well.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/issues/54

I'll see how many of these I can fix once 1.2.2 is released.

Edited by JPLRepo

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

As I don't use it I hadn't kept up with it, and after all, I wrote my mods for my own personal use.. So adding other mod compatibility is just when I have time.
That said I've raised a ticket so one day I will get around to fixing it.

Sure. I'd rather use TAC-LS too, but USI is the go-to life support system for MKS (obviously), and that's the one thing I don't want to compromise on.

It's not that big a deal for me if AY supports it or not anyway. If you could just get rid of the log spam though that would be sweet... disabling USI-LS support so that AY is completely oblivious to it being installed would be a perfectly acceptable solution for me. I'll add that as comment to the issue on github too.

preliminary report

ampyer updated last night by ckan

a ship run out of EC (took me a long time to find the resun of EC running out do to USI-LS incompatibility)

on emergency shutdown ampyear closed my panels. i had to manually open them a number of times until i found it was ampyear manager doing it, then wen i turned it off it stopped

edit:

i tried to replicate it but this behavior did not return

Edited by danielboro

On 12/18/2016 at 7:54 AM, fr33soul said:

i dont uderstand how to know if my power is enough for Kerbin's dark side..

didnt understand how to read darkside & solar calcs.. 

can anybody help me?

Open up the dark side calculator and enter your orbit in the provided box. Dark side surface = Landed on the surface of the planet / moon. Dark-side Transit is the dark side in orbit.

The number you are looking for is "EC required for dark-side transit"

Correct me if Im wrong but does this mod also change the decreasing returns of available sunlight as you travel farther away from Kerbol? I know that one of the many mods Ive got installed does this, I just cant remember if this is the one or if Im thinking of another one... 

Cheers

On 12/26/2016 at 10:28 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Correct me if Im wrong but does this mod also change the decreasing returns of available sunlight as you travel farther away from Kerbol? I know that one of the many mods Ive got installed does this, I just cant remember if this is the one or if Im thinking of another one... 

Cheers

It does not change how solar panels work in the game. What you are describing is stock behaviour for solar panels.
AmpYear does take this stock behaviour into account when displaying dark-side calcs, etc.

Hi @JPLRepo I am experiencing a problem. It doesn't seem like Ampyear is displaying the correct electric drains for individual parts.

For example: The Stayputnik command pod consumes 1.7 EC per minute (.028 / second) but Ampyear shows it consuming only .001 EC / second. This problem is not isolated to just this part but seems to be a problem with almost all other parts. I should also mention that the problem exists while in an active vessel, the number are correct in the VAB.

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 and the Ampyear 1.4.4

Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhbkf0Zzar9nvvsueCA

Thanks!

Edited by Voodoo8648

Have they changed the way antennas draw power in 1.2.2????

I am not seeing any antennas or dishes in the power consuming parts list?  I am building a commsat with three dts-m1's and a communitron 32 and I need to know their power draw to add sufficient battery and panels.

I know they added some wacky comms features in 1.2.x, am I getting some kind of conflict with scansat or remotetech or something?

Edited by ctbram

On 1/6/2017 at 7:22 PM, ctbram said:

Have they changed the way antennas draw power in 1.2.2????

I am not seeing any antennas or dishes in the power consuming parts list?  I am building a commsat with three dts-m1's and a communitron 32 and I need to know their power draw to add sufficient battery and panels.

I know they added some wacky comms features in 1.2.x, am I getting some kind of conflict with scansat or remotetech or something?

Err communitron 32?

What mods are you using?
Logs please.
Cause DTS-M1s are working fine...

Spoiler

fcrFLoK.png

@JPLRepo - communitron 32 is a longer range communitron 16 that comes with remotetech.  

I think the only mods that can be causing this are scansat or remotetech.  I believe RT is the most likely cause.  I believe RT modifies all the stock antennas and dishes and adds a couple new ones.  I am guessing that they messed up the way EC usage is reported.  I have left a link to this post in the RT forum in the hopes it can be resolved as I do not want to scrap RT or AMPYEAR and I find RT useless of I cannot compute EC usage.

I saw a bug report of this exact problem saying that there was an issue where RT was causing antennas not to report ec usage in the vab.  There was another one saying that antennas do not appear in the ampyear parts list and the comment saying the "ampyear developer needs to fix his code" (

I am trying to find the links.  They were dated Dec 8 2016 for ksp 1.2.2.

I'll try to get logs for you.  

It's easy to replicate just intall ksp 1.2.2 + remotetech + scansat + ampyear and stick some antennas on a ship in the vab and then check ec and parts in ampyear.  EC and parts do not show up.

Here is my log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5501128/KSP.log

As you can see no communitron part in ampyear so I cannot workout the proper amount of battery for dark side operation or the correct amount of panels.. It's making me nutz because this makes ampyear useless!

JYdD5ej.jpg

Edited by ctbram

On 1/2/2017 at 0:06 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

Hi @JPLRepo I am experiencing a problem. It doesn't seem like Ampyear is displaying the correct electric drains for individual parts.

For example: The Stayputnik command pod consumes 1.7 EC per minute (.028 / second) but Ampyear shows it consuming only .001 EC / second. This problem is not isolated to just this part but seems to be a problem with almost all other parts. I should also mention that the problem exists while in an active vessel, the number are correct in the VAB.

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 and the Ampyear 1.4.4

Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhbkf0Zzar9nvvsueCA

Thanks!

OOoohhhhh.. Yes. Woops!!! Big bug in AmpYear. Working on a new version to fix this.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/issues/62

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.