[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

Just now, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm, do I really have to sign up on Github because you (pseudo-)ignore posts here?

btw IONRCS and DeepFreeze added plus a TON of other mods back into the game and it still works.

No you do not have to... But it does just mean it takes me longer to get around to looking at it. and may be that it slips into the background because unless it's on the tracker I'm likely to forget about it in another couple of weeks when I might have the Free time to look at it.
My first guess here is it's an incompatibility with the plethora of other mods you have installed. Because stand-alone it works fine.
Finding those kind of conflicts takes a lot a time because I would have to install all your mods and go through finding the conflict.. My Free time.....

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

My Free time

Here it's not better.

When I remove all mods but AmpYear and start adding them one after the other, each time the loading until main menu is increased by about ~20s or more.

I know it's not funny, but I also know that Unity is bad in telling WHAT is the issue in logs, only THAT there is an issue is told.
Welcome to the 21st century (irony mode).

11 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Here it's not better.

When I remove all mods but AmpYear and start adding them one after the other, each time the loading until main menu is increased by about ~20s or more.

I know it's not funny, but I also know that Unity is bad in telling WHAT is the issue in logs, only THAT there is an issue is told.
Welcome to the 21st century (irony mode).

Welcome to the world of free content - mods. Where the free content is provided free, when people have free time.

19 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm, do I really have to sign up on Github because you (pseudo-)ignore posts here?

btw IONRCS and DeepFreeze added plus a TON of other mods back into the game and it still works.

I just have to say this because the KSP modding community has been so terrific at enhancing the quality of this game. JPLRepo may be part of Squad, but the terrific mods he (or she) has made are not part of the core game and I am very grateful for the time he (or she) has spent making the game better for all of us. If JPLRepo was really ignoring (pseudo or otherwise) posts, we *still* wouldn't have a right to complain. When modders spend their precious time creating content FOR FREE that so many of us benefit from, the least we can do is show some basic gratitude and not give grief regarding a simple request to sign up for a GitHub account. Quite frankly, that's the ONLY reason I have a GitHub account.

Thank you, JPLRepo, for creating and maintaining your mods so that my career (with 139 mods loaded) is so much the better. I continue to hope that future updates will bring your mods into stock, but either way, you make all of our games better with the work you've done. :)

On 5/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, Voodoo8648 said:

I'm experiencing a problem where AmpYear is not displaying "power production". It just always says, 0 whether in the VAB or in flight with the solar panels extended and in full daylight. Any ideas?

Output log:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhc5xdR3DYGahlxF00A

Any ideas to the above described problem?

The suggestion by @blowfish didn't work:

Now the parts are all compiled, but AmpYear is not ...

Non platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\Plugins\AmpYear.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AmpYear': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AY.AmpYear' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AY.AYController' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AY.AYSCController' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AY.AYPart' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ReactionWheelPower' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass295_0' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass81_0' from assembly 'AmpYear, Version=1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

So I have to remove it again ...

On 5/22/2017 at 2:46 AM, Voodoo8648 said:

Any ideas to the above described problem?

Hard to say... Your log contains errors for a number of mods (Kopernicus, Contrcat Configurator, Scaterrer, kerbCam?) But no errors from AmpYear.

22 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Hard to say... Your log contains errors for a number of mods (Kopernicus, Contrcat Configurator, Scaterrer, kerbCam?) But no errors from AmpYear.

Thanks for looking.. I bet the problem lies with Kopernicus

Hey @JPLRepo I was just informed that AmpYear has a problem with Kopernicus 1.3. It does not register solar panel Ec generation. I believe that this is due to the fact that Kopernicus now changes the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel into KopernicusSolarPanel to resolve the multi-star solar panel problem. 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @JPLRepo I was just informed that AmpYear has a problem with Kopernicus 1.3. It does not register solar panel Ec generation. I believe that this is due to the fact that Kopernicus now changes the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel into KopernicusSolarPanel to resolve the multi-star solar panel problem. 

Ok. thanks, sounds most likely. I've put it on my list.

Some posts have been removed from this thread. Please do not complain at mod makers to work faster, as they are volunteers who work as they can and want to. Also, please do not complain at people who complain about mod updating, because that just creates unpleasantness for others to have to click past. 

Nearly finalized on Ability to highlight parts from the part list. First you are able to select your own highlight color for EC production parts and EC consumption parts in the settings (Ampyear button at the KSC) via two new R,G,B sliders.
You can also highlight/un-highlight individual parts in the Parts List in both the VAB/SPH and in Flight. There is also a new Highlight/un-highlight all button for each as well. (pics in spoiler - NOTE: UI Colors not final)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Nearly finalized on Ability to highlight parts from the part list. First you are able to select your own highlight color for EC production parts and EC consumption parts in the settings (Ampyear button at the KSC) via two new R,G,B sliders.
You can also highlight/un-highlight individual parts in the Parts List in both the VAB/SPH and in Flight. There is also a new Highlight/un-highlight all button for each as well. (pics in spoiler - NOTE: UI Colors not final)

Hide contents

Is this for 1.2.2 or 1.3.0?

• 2 weeks later...

Something about ShipManifest:

6/11/2017 7:23:45 PM,AmpYear,AmpYear  AddScenarioModules ScenarioModules Start

[ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.Start.  System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at ShipManifest.APIClients.ClsClient.GetCls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.GetClsAddon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0suk7hp1u2c2rnm/2017-06-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

[ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.Start.  System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at ShipManifest.APIClients.ClsClient.GetCls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:

Well that's interesting to the author of that mod. I don't see why you have posted this in this thread.That appears to be an error with the Ship Manifest mod.

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Full log:

Check to see if the CLSInterface.dll is the latest.  copy the version from your Connected LivingSpace Folder to your SM Folder.  I think there may be a version conflict.  PLease direct inquires over on the SM page.  Thanks!

No power generating parts on vessel.  

Running KSP 1.3.0

I saw this very same error in 1.2.2 and it was because of Remotetech changing the way dishes and antenna's work.  It was corrected but I cannot recall if the dev of Remotetech made changes or you did.

In any event the mod does does me no good if I cannot see how much battery power I have in order to make the dark side transition from the orbit I want to put my satellites in.

Logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtbWKKjEEgdpmx-7VGKamkUGh9ke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.