[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

snip...

Great. I really appreciate this description of how the mod works. I think that Amp Year is doing something brilliant here. It is detecting a flaw in my setup someplace. It is indeed hard for me understand what is wrong because it doesn't split out the different parts and mods EC usage. However it is bringing my attention to the problem. That is very clever.

Latest version now allows you to show the Parts List consumption/production of EC part by part while in flight.

Well, I figured out from testing in a separate install that it was a problem with my current install. However, I also tested a new save game in my current install. It shows up in a new save game, so for some reason it isn't working in my existing save game. I'll get you updated logs.

I can't get this mod to work in any of my existing saves, as I've just found this mod, and liked the idea of it. I can't get it to work In a pure vanilla game, if its added to a save already in progress. it works fine if I start a new game though. All the parts show up, just none of the functionality.

I can't get this mod to work in any of my existing saves, as I've just found this mod, and liked the idea of it. I can't get it to work In a pure vanilla game, if its added to a save already in progress. it works fine if I start a new game though. All the parts show up, just none of the functionality.

Should work fine adding to an existing save. without Logs... I can't help much.

Refer to how to get support thread here.

Should work fine adding to an existing save. without Logs... I can't help much.

Refer to how to get support thread here.

Yeah, I suspect I was doing something wrong, or my pc wasn't copying all the files, somewhere between my 4th and fifth re-install it started working. So, sorry about the it doesn't work post. it does. I'm enjoying it a lot. thanks for your work on this. One thing I did notice, and I'm sure its not a bug, per se, but probably the way the MM config is written, the Mech Jeb radial case has 5 electric charge, 50 reserve power. That seems a bit off to me? If you made it that way intentionally, okay. Just seemed unbalanced to me.

Yeah, I suspect I was doing something wrong, or my pc wasn't copying all the files, somewhere between my 4th and fifth re-install it started working. So, sorry about the it doesn't work post. it does. I'm enjoying it a lot. thanks for your work on this. One thing I did notice, and I'm sure its not a bug, per se, but probably the way the MM config is written, the Mech Jeb radial case has 5 electric charge, 50 reserve power. That seems a bit off to me? If you made it that way intentionally, okay. Just seemed unbalanced to me.

No Probs. Problem fixed then! :wink:

I hadn't noticed that before.

This is because AmpYear adds 50 Reserve power to all parts that have ModuleCommand (IE: Pods and Probes) using the power of Module Manager.

The Mechjeb parts have ModuleCommand on it.

You can change the file \GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\MMConfigAmpYear.cfg to the following (the change is highlighted) it will remove all Reserve Power from both MechJeb parts.

I'll include this change in the next version.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand][B],!MODULE[MechJebAR202],!MODULE[MechJebPod][/B]]:NEEDS[AmpYear]
{
RESOURCE
{
name = ReservePower
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50
}
}

No Probs. Problem fixed then! :wink:

I hadn't noticed that before.

This is because AmpYear adds 50 Reserve power to all parts that have ModuleCommand (IE: Pods and Probes) using the power of Module Manager.

The Mechjeb parts have ModuleCommand on it.

You can change the file \GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\MMConfigAmpYear.cfg to the following (the change is highlighted) it will remove all Reserve Power from both MechJeb parts.

I'll include this change in the next version.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand][B],!MODULE[MechJebAR202],!MODULE[MechJebPod][/B]]:NEEDS[AmpYear]
{
RESOURCE
{
name = ReservePower
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50
}
}

I'll probably just wait for an 'official' fix, everytime I've ever tried to mess with MM configs, even when someone says do exactly this, it ends badly. :( It's not a major issue for me, and certainly not game breaking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

just switched over to your mod because FuseBox wasn't picking up all electric charge usage. I'm not sure if it was the latest update or not, but having your mod installed seems to have interupted remotetech somehow, I am unable to control unmanned pods at all, not even on the launchpad with omni-antennae activated -the issue disappeared when I removed Ampyear :(

Hey there,

just switched over to your mod because FuseBox wasn't picking up all electric charge usage. I'm not sure if it was the latest update or not, but having your mod installed seems to have interupted remotetech somehow, I am unable to control unmanned pods at all, not even on the launchpad with omni-antennae activated -the issue disappeared when I removed Ampyear :(

Ampyear has a bit more than FuseBox. AmpYear requires the AmpYear Manager function to be Active/ON in order to be able to use RCS and SAS.

When you say "unable to control unmanned pods" what exactly are you trying to do?

If it is RCS and SAS actions then ensure you have the AmpYear Manager ON by bringing up the AmpYear GUI and turn the Manager On (click the first toggle button).

If it is something else you are trying to do please explain fully what it is you are doing and what is occurring.

AmpYear correctly reports RemoteTech antennae electrical charge usage.. But that is all it has to do with RemoteTech.

It currently only works with version 1.6.7 of RemoteTech (as per the change log), but if you have another version of RemoteTech installed it would not and should not have any issue. It would just not report RemoteTech Electrical charge correctly.

So if you are having other issues other than above, I would require the detailed log to check for other issues and errors.

Please refer to the Opening Post link for how to get support.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo, I am running into a very hard de-bugable issue since, I guess, I installed AMPYear.

Since I have been experiencing very odd RAM increasements whenever I switch back to KSC scene.

Normally this increase is around 80Mb when I was in Kerbin orbit. Though yesterday, my Duna missions with your DeepFreeze mod deperted/arrived, on switching back to KSC scene KSP ram shot up from 2.8Gb to 3.0+.

Log's do not show any odd exception errors, but last entries are always AMPYear updating it's info.

So I removed AMPYear (+KabinKraziness), which I thought caused the memory leak.

But, I ran into a very nasty gamebraking bug which renders the tracking station "Go to vessel" function inert when selecting any vessel.

Steps done:

- Removed AMPYear

- Went to tracking station

- Selected any vessel from the list

- Go-to button becomes not clickable.

Output.log error:

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sleipnir II - NISES Ic

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KnowledgeBase.<GetUnloadedVesselMass>m__530 (.ProtoPartResourceSnapshot x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<Sum>c__AnonStorey3A`1[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot].<>m__74 (Single a, .ProtoPartResourceSnapshot [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`3 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.GetUnloadedVesselMass (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I edited my saves/persistent removing any entries of AMPYear, so they are clean of it for all intends and purposes. But still I get the above error/issue at random on some saves when going to the tracking station. I can select one sevvel go to it and after that (going back to tracking station) go-to button is non-clickable again.

Extra steps done:

- Edited saves, to remove AMPYear entries

- @KSC scene checked log: no shown exception errors

- @Tracking station, some saves can select a vessel and use the go-to button

With output.log error:

at Vessel.<GetUnloadedVesselMass>m__44E (.ProtoPartResourceSnapshot x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<Sum>c__AnonStorey3A`1[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot].<>m__74 (Single a, .ProtoPartResourceSnapshot [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`3 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[ProtoPartResourceSnapshot] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.AddVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.GenerateVesselFlares () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

Edit1: HaystackContinued can still select vessels and I can switch to them via.

Edit2: Reinstalling AMPYear fixed the tracking station issue.

The memory leak is still present, even now when trying to debug this. Ram creaps up every time I load a save, switch scene, so I recon it is another mod causing this. Though whitch one I really can't figure out as I try too keep any mod up to date.

Could you perhels help me out??

Edited by Gkirmathal
added some info, typo edit, reformulation.

@JPLRepo, I am running into a very hard de-bugable issue since, I guess, I installed AMPYear.

Since I have been experiencing very odd RAM increasements whenever I switch back to KSC scene.

Normally this increase is around 80Mb when I was in Kerbin orbit. Though yesterday, my Duna missions with your DeepFreeze mod deperted/arrived, on switching back to KSC scene KSP ram shot up from 2.8Gb to 3.0+.

Log's do not show any odd exception errors, but last entries are always AMPYear updating it's info.

So I removed AMPYear (+KabinKraziness), which I thought caused the memory leak.

But, I ran into a very nasty gamebraking bug which renders the tracking station "Go to vessel" function inert when selecting any vessel.

Steps done:

- Removed AMPYear

- Went to tracking station

- Selected any vessel from the list

- Go-to button becomes not clickable.

Output.log error:

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Sleipnir II - NISES Ic

at KnowledgeBase.<GetUnloadedVesselMass>m__530 (.ProtoPartResourceSnapshot x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.GetUnloadedVesselMass (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I edited my saves/persistent removing any entries of AMPYear, so they are clean of it for all intends and purposes. But still I get the above error/issue at random on some saves when going to the tracking station. I can select one sevvel go to it and after that (going back to tracking station) go-to button is non-clickable again.

Extra steps done:

- Edited saves, to remove AMPYear entries

- @KSC scene checked log: no shown exception errors

- @Tracking station, some saves can select a vessel and use the go-to button

With output.log error:

at Vessel.<GetUnloadedVesselMass>m__44E (.ProtoPartResourceSnapshot x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetUnloadedVesselMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.GetTotalMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.AddVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.GenerateVesselFlares () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DistantObject.FlareDraw.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

Edit1: HaystackContinued can still select vessels and I can switch to them via.

Edit2: Reinstalling AMPYear fixed the tracking station issue.

The memory leak is still present, even now when trying to debug this. Ram creaps up every time I load a save, switch scene, so I recon it is another mod causing this. Though whitch one I really can't figure out as I try too keep any mod up to date.

Could you perhels help me out??

Hi there. Tracking memory leaks is difficult. I find it surprising if this was AmpYear as it uses ScenarioModules. KSP loads and unloads ScenarioModules at each Scene change (EG. go to flight, go to KSC, go to tracking station, etc). Each time this happens you see the AmpYear log messages about it saving and loading it's settings into the persistent.sfs save file.

The first error log message is not very helpful, it appears to be an internal KSP error loading vessel info. There is probably something else going on here in the log further up.

The second error log message is an error with DistantObject Enhancements mod. But this again is probably a symptom of something else going on.

As for removing AmpYear and having issues, this may be because removing any mod will cause issues with vessels in your save file.

In the case of AmpYear, it adds a module to all command pods/probe cores. Which would be persisted into your save file. Removing the mod and loading up would cause unexpected results.

I can have a look at your log file to rule out any issues with AmpYear but I would need your entire log. (the detailed log).

Please follow the support instructions here. It's important you supply the full detailed log (the second bullet numbered 1. on this linked page.

• 3 weeks later...

on 1.0.5 KSP hangs loading \GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\Parts\ampYear4Way45IonRCS\IONrcsBlock45.cfg

output_log spams this error:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear4Way45IonRCS/IONrcsBlock45/AmpYearIONRCSBlock45'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleRCS.G' not found.
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCS.FindThrusters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCS.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AY.ModuleAmpYearPoweredRCS.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

on 1.0.5 KSP hangs loading \GameData\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\Parts\ampYear4Way45IonRCS\IONrcsBlock45.cfg

output_log spams this error:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear4Way45IonRCS/IONrcsBlock45/AmpYearIONRCSBlock45'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCS.FindThrusters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCS.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AY.ModuleAmpYearPoweredRCS.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yes well you have updated to 1.0.5 and current version of AmpYear does not support 1.0.5 yet. It appears Squad have changed ModuleRCS in 1.0.5.

Please be patient thanks.

Yes well you have updated to 1.0.5 and current version of AmpYear does not support 1.0.5 yet. It appears Squad have changed ModuleRCS in 1.0.5.

Please be patient thanks.

AmpYear 1.0.5 released to support KSP 1.0.5. Fixes the ION and PPT RCS issue above.

No other changes. All other functions of AmpYear seem fine, but I have not fully tested everything, and as other mods are updated integration and reporting of EC on parts, etc may have issues. I will be keeping an eye on things as other mods, etc are updated and released. Please ensure you are using Module Manager 2.6.13 or above.

Edited by JPLRepo

AmpYear 1.0.5 released to support KSP 1.0.5. Fixes the ION and PPT RCS issue above.

No other changes. All other functions of AmpYear seem fine, but I have not fully tested everything, and as other mods are updated integration and reporting of EC on parts, etc may have issues. I will be keeping an eye on things as other mods, etc are updated and released. Please ensure you are using Module Manager 2.6.13 or above.

Thanks for the quick update! Will test when I can.

• 2 weeks later...
could we have an option to disable the "not enough power to run timewarp" message and the accompanying timewarp disablement after the first warning? i'm not sure if setting Power Low Warning Percentage to 0 completely disables the message, but in any case it's a useful warning to see... once :D
=

[quote name='speedwaystar']could we have an option to disable the "not enough power to run timewarp" message and the accompanying timewarp disablement after the first warning? i'm not sure if setting Power Low Warning Percentage to 0 completely disables the message, but in any case it's a useful warning to see... once :D
=[/QUOTE]

Hi. Thanks for the input. Currently the low warning window is shown when the threshhold is reached when in Flight. It is not shown again until the EC on your vessel goes back above the threshhold and then runs back down below the threshhold again.
When you say you want to see it once. How long is once? So for each vessel it appears only once and once only never again? - Ever?
What I could do is create a button in the GUI window that allows you to turn the warning on or off for each vessel. With a default of ON. When the threshhold is reached the warning would appear. You could then turn if OFF completely and it would never appear again until you turn it back on. ??

for example, if i'm on a munar orbit and go into penumbra and end up on reserve power, i have to manually reenable timewarp repeatedly before i come out of shadow and my batteries recharge, because ampyear is turning timewarp off every time it reaches (from memory) about 50x warp to post the "not enough power" warning. ideally it should kick me out of timewarp once for the warning, and then leave me alone to timewarp out of the mun's shadow.

another question--sorry if this has already been answered. various parts report odd power-drain stats in the VAB (but show correct stats once launched). for example, the Mk1-2 command pod with no attachments shows 18 power consumption in the VAB and 0.175 (AmpYear's system drain) on the launchpad. is it possible to rectify this, or at least arrive at a close approximation?

[quote name='speedwaystar']another question--sorry if this has already been answered. various parts report odd power-drain stats in the VAB (but show correct stats once launched). for example, the Mk1-2 command pod with no attachments shows 18 power consumption in the VAB and 0.175 (AmpYear's system drain) on the launchpad. is it possible to rectify this, or at least arrive at a close approximation?[/QUOTE]

That's because in VAB it shows the maximum power use with SAS on, and fully operating, etc. In flight it shows actual usage.
I will lokk at perhaps a VAB option to show base power consumption or max power consumption.
The same occurs for other parts like resource converters, etc. In VAB it shows max usage.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='speedwaystar']for example, if i'm on a munar orbit and go into penumbra and end up on reserve power, i have to manually reenable timewarp repeatedly before i come out of shadow and my batteries recharge, because ampyear is turning timewarp off every time it reaches (from memory) about 50x warp to post the "not enough power" warning. ideally it should kick me out of timewarp once for the warning, and then leave me alone to timewarp out of the mun's shadow.[/QUOTE]

I understand, but it shouldn't be doing what you describe as the warning/halt warp should occur as soon as you drop below the threshold that you set in the settings and shouldn't occur againuntil the vessels power goes back over the threshhold again.
I'll investigate because what you are describing should be how it currently should be working.

i'll double check exactly what's happening re: the warp warnings also.

couple more suggestions/requests:

* add a display showing time until batteries run out at current drain (the addon is called AmpYear after all :D). this would be hugely helpful at the design stage to ensure sufficient battery grunt to run the vehicle's loadout during the expected periods of darkness.

* as an added convenience, but of lesser priority: i believe fusebox (which i haven't used) had a tool which calculated hours of darkness in orbit around various bodies and when landed on the surface. is this easy to add?

all with a view to saving the buttons on my calculator from being ground to powder :D

[quote name='speedwaystar']i'll double check exactly what's happening re: the warp warnings also.

couple more suggestions/requests:

* add a display showing time until batteries run out at current drain (the addon is called AmpYear after all :D). this would be hugely helpful at the design stage to ensure sufficient battery grunt to run the vehicle's loadout during the expected periods of darkness.
[/QUOTE]
Could be done, but the trick here is, is it supposed to take into account current EC production (Solar panels, etc). If so, that's a little difficult to predict given it will change depending on the vessel situation.
Or it could just show you a time to empty based on no EC production.
[quote name='speedwaystar']
* as an added convenience, but of lesser priority: i believe fusebox (which i haven't used) had a tool which calculated hours of darkness in orbit around various bodies and when landed on the surface. is this easy to add?

all with a view to saving the buttons on my calculator from being ground to powder :D[/QUOTE]
Could be done. - Is this calculation based on parameters you enter? such as altitude and velocity? Or is to to assume a rough circular orbit velocity based on altitude that you enter?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.