[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

I'll look into it around the settings not saving and resetting. Pretty sure I didn't see that behavior myself. As for xml,not likely. I will stick to the KSP config node format. I have already made the changes to move it to plugindata to avoid MM not using cache if that is where you are going with that one.

On 25/05/2016 at 2:54 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Not only that, when I edit the Config.cfg before launching the game, it will be set back to default.

And btw you should use a config.xml in a PluginData folder ...:D

On 25/05/2016 at 3:34 PM, JPLRepo said:

I'll look into it around the settings not saving and resetting. Pretty sure I didn't see that behavior myself. As for xml,not likely. I will stick to the KSP config node format. I have already made the changes to move it to plugindata to avoid MM not using cache if that is where you are going with that one.

Found and fixed this problem.

New DEV version V1.3.1.2 available here on GitHub only.

- Prevent Click-Through of AmpYear GUI Windows.
- Added ESP support for IONRCS parts.
- Added EC usage support for Kerbalism mod parts - Scrubber, Greenhouse, GravityRing (basic as some parts do not expose EC usage currently, ESP Shutdown only support for these parts).
- Fixed bug not saving default ESP settings for modules in Space Center settings screen. Added support for Near Future Propulsion modules. (No ESP Support).

If people are willing to help and test this for me that would be great. This I believe is release candidate V1.3.2 assuming no one finds any more bugs.

Edited by JPLRepo

Bug! And nothing in the log (UltraEdit user, I know what I'm saying :lol: )

In flight.

Clicking the button to open the manager, clicking ShowParts, clicking button again to close both - not closing ShowParts before...

Now I can't properly move the camera view.

ALT+F12 shows Input Lock Stack: AmpYear_KeyBinder

When I close ShowParts and then click the button to close the manager it's okay.

Edit:

STOP!

Nope, I was wrong, it's NOT okay, now this Input Stack comes back again and again, also when all subwindows closed and manager closed...

Edited by Gordon Dry

23 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Bug! And nothing in the log (UltraEdit user, I know what I'm saying :lol: )

In flight.

Clicking the button to open the manager, clicking ShowParts, clicking button again to close both - not closing ShowParts before...

Now I can't properly move the camera view.

ALT+F12 shows Input Lock Stack: AmpYear_KeyBinder

When I close ShowParts and then click the button to close the manager it's okay.

Edit:

STOP!

Nope, I was wrong, it's NOT okay, now this Input Stack comes back again and again, also when all subwindows closed and manager closed...

Ok thanks. I'll take another look at it. You should be able to clear input locks in the debug menu if it gets stuck

I know but that doesn't help because it's coming back again and again.... also ESC doesn't work until I clear the lock stack...

And I was not able to edit my last post so here...

Addition - the UI is changed in a way that it's unusable, the context menus are changed on mouseover.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

no mouseover:

8vncGY0.png

with mouseover:

nCvK7kK.png

bugs there, bugs here (this forum software) ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

Could it be that the TurnBooster is conflicting with the PilotRSASFix from "Stock Bug Fix Modules"?

Gives access to the tweakable options that control the dynamic tweaks. -- The "Plus" tweakable options are available in the right-click menu of the first pod/probe core. -- "Min Response" sets the lowest reaction response from the RSAS ("how far" is the initial move) -- "Min Clamp" sets the lowest clamp value (how much reaction) as the RSAS nears it's target. -- "Threshold" sets the angular speed where clamp and response values start to adjust.

InputLocks lock the menus... it works based on the last focused window. So if you mouse over the parts list it locks all the other windows. Moving the mouse back over the main AmpYear menu should change the input locks. But I'm not sure it works like that. Which is why a lot of mods don't do this. The alternative is I just remove the input locks again. I'll look at it a bit more tomorrow, but if I can't figure it out I'll just have to remove it. I think perhaps we only need the input locks in the editor, not flight.

As for PilotRSASFix - I have no idea since I've never used it. Turn booster basically boosts reaction wheels to feed more power into them. I'd have to look at what that other mod does. What is the bug/issue you are having with it and AmpYear?

Edited by JPLRepo

I disabled PilotRSASFix, did a scene change (back to SPC and back to vessel) and THIS issue is gone.

Both modules try to do the same and a crazy readjusting of pitch, roll and yaw happens and finally they can't arrange and the orientation will never achieve.

Edit:

nope, not really, still a crazy will of rolling - very fast rolling that is not necessary to turn to another orientation...

Edited by Gordon Dry

The settings of "ESP auto mode" and "Isolate Reserve" in flight are not remembered...

The default settings are remembered but don't apply to a vessel on the launchpad, I guess when I start building a new one in VAB this could be the case.

The last settings in flight are remembered when back in flight.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

The settings of "ESP auto mode" and "Isolate Reserve" in flight are not remembered...

The default settings are remembered but don't apply to a vessel on the launchpad, I guess when I start building a new one in VAB this could be the case.

The last settings in flight are remembered when back in flight.

I'll look at those settings, but surprised to see you saying this as I actually changed the code in the last version to save the "Isolate Reserve" as it was not doing that before.

Default ESP settings are only applied to new vessels when they are built. Changing the default settings do not change the ESP settings on vessels in flight.

EDIT: So I just started up KSP - those settings do not persist for me from flight back to KSC back to flight either. So I will take a look at that tomorrow (bed time).
But the Input Locks are working great for me in the editor and in flight. Open the AmpYear main menu, then the parts list -  Moving from one window the the other everything works fine. Closing the main menu closes the parts list, so does clicking the AmpYear Icon. Everything seems to be working fine for me.
I'll test more tomorrow.

Edited by JPLRepo

Closing the windows worked for me, too.

Perhaps you misunderstood me, the Input Lock makes the rotating of the camera with the right mouse button and sometimes also zooming with the mouse wheel sloppy and stuck.

And I don't mean the GC stutter. On top of it, it stutters while everything else is going on.

Hi, i have seen that NEAR Future Electrical is listed as supported. For me the NEAR reactors (mounted right) don't work with AmpYear v1.3.0.0.

Same for the Umbra Space Industries reactors (left and top) who are not supported yet, but would be fine to see supported. They are part of USI MKS/OKS mod.

B9 HX pack integrated alltime running reactor on the gound works with AY, even if not on your supported list. The 560 EC/s of it is correct. It's a generator who can't be shut down (like a 50+ ton RTG). Also energy drain of the HX engine works with AY.

Situation is the same with my normal around 50 mods game and a fresh AY+NEAR Electrical only savegame.

Any ideas? 

e45s9rii.jpg

Edited by LeLeon

1 hour ago, LeLeon said:

Hi, i have seen that NEAR Future Electrical is listed as supported. For me the NEAR reactors (mounted right) don't work with AmpYear v1.3.0.0.

I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, LeLeon said:

Same for the Umbra Space Industries reactors (left and top) who are not supported yet, but would be fine to see supported. They are part of USI MKS/OKS mod.

Not supported. Requests can be raised on GitHub, and one day will be looked at. See support section in OP

1 hour ago, LeLeon said:

B9 HX pack integrated alltime running reactor on the gound works with AY, even if not on your supported list. The 560 EC/s of it is correct. It's a generator who can't be shut down (like a 50+ ton RTG). Also energy drain of the HX engine works with AY.

Assume these parts use Stock part modules. Stock modules are supported by default.

1 hour ago, LeLeon said:

Situation is the same with my normal around 50 mods game and a fresh AY+NEAR Electrical only savegame.

Any ideas?

What situation is the same? Ideas?: Yes I am going fishing today. :sticktongue:

Edited by JPLRepo

38 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I'll look into it.

Not supported. Requests can be raised on GitHub, and one day will be looked at. See support section in OP

Assume these parts use Stock part modules. Stock modules are supported by default.

What situation is the same? Ideas?: Yes I am going fishing today. :sticktongue:

1. great!

2. done

3. ah okay, fine.

4. same not working situation if near stock or full of mods. Idea where prob is, but after you are looking into it, i don't need ideas to fix.

So, enjoy your day! :wink:

Edited by LeLeon

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Just FYI, MKS includes a patch that converts the MKS reactors to use the Near Future reactor modules if NFE is installed. Assuming you're running both mods the MKS reactors should work with AmpYear automagically if support gets added for the NFE reactors.

Without NFE I want to say they just use the stock ModuleResourceConverter which means in theory they should already work with AY.

1 hour ago, Chris97b said:

Just FYI, MKS includes a patch that converts the MKS reactors to use the Near Future reactor modules if NFE is installed. Assuming you're running both mods the MKS reactors should work with AmpYear automagically if support gets added for the NFE reactors.

Without NFE I want to say they just use the stock ModuleResourceConverter which means in theory they should already work with AY.

Tested, you are right. Without the patchfile to switch MKS reactors to the NFE reactors mechanics of low raising power output and core lifetime display, the MKS reactors work with AmpYear. In most of my vessels i use the NFE reactors. The power/weight levels fits more for me. Also the skins are better, when i can use them without the top nodes. :)

Edited by LeLeon

20 minutes ago, LeLeon said:

Tested, you are right. Without the patchfile to switch MKS reactors to the NFE reactors mechanics of low raising power output and core lifetime display, the MKS reactors work with AmpYear. In most of my vessels i use the NFE reactors. The power/weight levels fits more for me. Also the skins are better, when i can use them without the top nodes. :)

You might be in luck.. my Care factor is high today.... (plus I didn't go fishing :D)

RZqhvgN.png

18 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

You might be in luck.. my Care factor is high today.... (plus I didn't go fishing :D)

Ooh, shiny! I seem to be using the NFE reactors quite a bit lately. Would love to see that make it into AY :D

@Chris97b @LeLeon @Gordon Dry and anyone else who is interested.

DEV Build V1.3.1.3 Posted ONLY on Github.
Beware!! Probably still has some bees - but hopefully not. This is a DEV build.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/releases/tag/V1.3.1.3

Adjusted KeyLocks for Editor and Flight.
Fixed a code bug (That my fat fingers introuced in the last dev build) that reverting saving some of the vessels settings (Auto ESP and Isolate Reserve Power)
Fixed bug not saving default ESP settings for modules in Space Center settings screen.
Fixed support for all Near Future Electrical modules. (No ESP Support).

Edited by JPLRepo

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

@Chris97b @LeLeon @Gordon Dry and anyone else who is interested.

DEV Build V1.3.1.3 Posted ONLY on Github.
Beware!! Probably still has some bees - but hopefully not. This is a DEV build.
https://github.com/JPLRepo/AmpYear/releases/tag/V1.3.1.3

Adjusted KeyLocks for Editor and Flight.
Fixed a code bug (That my fat fingers introuced in the last dev build) that reverting saving some of the vessels settings (Auto ESP and Isolate Reserve Power)
Fixed bug not saving default ESP settings for modules in Space Center settings screen.
Fixed support for all Near Future Electrical modules. (No ESP Support).

With new dev build NFE reactors and also the MKS reactors with the NFE patch file work fine. Thx.

@JPLRepo

I'm testing the latest dev build (1.3.1.3):

• Outdated MM still being bundled (.25 is is the latest, you have .24)
  • Tested persistence of ISOLATED RESERVES; it works (tested by restarting game with reserves isolated and state persisted, and through scene changes).
  • It's still doing the SAS issue I reported a while back (not sure I ever made an issue tracker for this one, and I know this dev version wasn't supposed to fix it anyway).
    • Repro steps: Launch a stayputnik or anything without an SAS module and open AmpYear (subsystems tab might need to be open as well). Watch AY continuously try to apply SAS and display messages to the effect of "Can't apply SAS as none is present" even with the SAS module button unselected in AY.
  • Suggestion: AmpYear "Traffic Light" Icon Status Color still works even when AmpYear manager is disabled. Working as intended? Maybe make it grey? Otherwise, player gets "something for nothing."

That's all I have at the moment. Nothing major. Not playing with NFE like I normally do, so can't comment on that.

Cheers.

Edit:

Regarding high CPU usage; I read the forum post linked in the issue associated with it. How did the person who report it know that AmpYear is to blame? I have yet to find a way to figure out a way to break down resource usage by mod (besides file size) - if you know of one, I would be more than happy to hear of it. I can't say that I've ever noticed CPU specific issues, except that KSP doesn't seem to take full advantage of multiple cores, as best I can tell. I realize this is a bit offtopic, but it's been something I've been wondering about for a while.

Edited by Deimos Rast

14 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@JPLRepo

I'm testing the latest dev build (1.3.1.3):

• Outdated MM still being bundled (.25 is is the latest, you have .24)
  • Tested persistence of ISOLATED RESERVES; it works (tested by restarting game with reserves isolated and state persisted, and through scene changes).
  • It's still doing the SAS issue I reported a while back (not sure I ever made an issue tracker for this one, and I know this dev version wasn't supposed to fix it anyway).
    • Repro steps: Launch a stayputnik or anything without an SAS module and open AmpYear (subsystems tab might need to be open as well). Watch AY continuously try to apply SAS and display messages to the effect of "Can't apply SAS as none is present" even with the SAS module button unselected in AY.
  • Suggestion: AmpYear "Traffic Light" Icon Status Color still works even when AmpYear manager is disabled. Working as intended? Maybe make it grey? Otherwise, player gets "something for nothing."

That's all I have at the moment. Nothing major. Not playing with NFE like I normally do, so can't comment on that.

Cheers.

Edit:

Regarding high CPU usage; I read the forum post linked in the issue associated with it. How did the person who report it know that AmpYear is to blame? I have yet to find a way to figure out a way to break down resource usage by mod (besides file size) - if you know of one, I would be more than happy to hear of it. I can't say that I've ever noticed CPU specific issues, except that KSP doesn't seem to take full advantage of multiple cores, as best I can tell. I realize this is a bit offtopic, but it's been something I've been wondering about for a while.

Thanks for the input.

1) Yes release version will have the latest MM.
2) Thanks.
3) I'll investigate.
4) Good idea - will add it to the list.
5) Install Unity Editor/Platform and run the Profiler app to see info like CPU, GPU, Garbage Collection, etc.
Or you can use Sarbian's GCMonitor mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.