[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

1 hour ago, Bob Jub said:

Is there any way.. I could edit this mod to just read out EC usage/production and dark side calculations?

1) Learn c# coding.
2) Create your own branch of the code.
3) Make changes for yourself.
4) Enjoy your own customized version.

Hello!

First of all, I must say I love your mod, it's necessary to have it when playing with RemoteTech2 so that power generation can be properly calculated.

However, I am struggling to figure out why KopernicusSolarPanel is not registering properly. I am running on  KSP 1.3.0, with AmpYear 1.4.9.0, Kopernicus release-1.3.0-4. All solars show as not producing anything in the part list. If I toggle between EC and SI, I can see that they produce 0.01W.s in the main window, and in the part list they're showing as 0.006W.s.

I should also say that I am running with New Horizons which modifies the solar system, but it correctly captures the sun distances according to the dark side calculator.

heWGpVQ.png

My log: http://i.tivec.org/KSP.zip

The mod list I am running with: http://i.tivec.org/ModsInstalled.txt

Any help appreciated, at the moment I have to make the power calcs for production manually, which is all but optimal :) If you need any other details, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same NRE spam that @Apaseall is getting.

Logs --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/59apmlkzi4aeh71/AmpYear Resource NRE Log.zip?dl=0

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a vehicle with A Drill-o-Matic and a Convert-o-Tron 250.

2. Deploy drill and start LFO conversion.

3. Wait about 15-30 seconds. The second test took longer to start spamming. It began when I highlighted a different part of the vessel.

I originally thought it was a glitch introduced by one of my many, many other add-ons, but it persists with a clean install with just AmpYear.

I would like to have AmpYear support a part module introduced by Kerbal Health. It's added (via MM) to various parts and its EC usage is calculated in the module's code (it depends on the number of kerbals in the vessel). How hard is it to make it?

It would be so cool if the ScienceConverter could also be taken into account of the AmpYear Emergency SP priorities.

The ScienceConverter uses so much EC compared to everything else on a simple space station, as soon as the sun is set the batteries are empty in very short time.
Just let Bob interrupt the work, do something else until the sun raised again, then continue the ScienceConverter process...

Hello all,

I am using Amp Year with Remote Tech and while in flight, I can still toggle the SAS and use the Amp Year tools when my craft does not have a connection. The Amp Year gui says that there is no connection so the amp year tools are disabled but I can still use them. Here is a picture of the GUI.

izkrv1I.jpg

On 8/9/2017 at 1:00 PM, Loren Pechtel said:

CKAN has lost the KSP version number.

See OP. Don't support CKAN - Care factor = Nil.

10 hours ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

Hello all,

I am using Amp Year with Remote Tech and while in flight, I can still toggle the SAS and use the Amp Year tools when my craft does not have a connection. The Amp Year gui says that there is no connection so the amp year tools are disabled but I can still use them. Here is a picture of the GUI.

izkrv1I.jpg

So toggling SAS - that shouldn't happen that's a bug.
But what other tools are you referring to? You should not be able to transfer EC - Reserve Power....
but showing parts and the calcs screen should work. - As that's not really doing anything other than giving you information.

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

So toggling SAS - that shouldn't happen that's a bug.
But what other tools are you referring to? You should not be able to transfer EC - Reserve Power....
but showing parts and the calcs screen should work. - As that's not really doing anything other than giving you information.

Yes I am able to transfer EC from the reserve to the mains and back when I have no connection.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, using Ampyear 1.5 and the latest USI series of mods, when I place a drill of any type on my craft in the editor I get a massive log spam of (this example is using the medium sized automated drill)

TIv8Qsg.png

This slows my game down immensely and makes it very hard to play.

What is the plugin doing that's spamming the log so much? it's sending this about a hundred times a second.

any help would be appreciated

edit: even with the debug option turned on the message is the same.

edit 2: log link

edit 3: disabling the log using -nolog makes everything normal again

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

• 1 month later...

Hi JPLRepo

First of all thank you for this very useful mod. I just found it and immediately installed ;-)

From you description it's not clear to me how priority works. You talk about hi/med/low priorities, but the GUI shows 1/2/3. shall I assume 1 = hi, 2 = med, 3 = low?

Moreover, if I set high priority to a component this means it will be the first to be shut down or the last?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2017 at 7:52 AM, Andrea Galimberti said:

Hi JPLRepo

First of all thank you for this very useful mod. I just found it and immediately installed ;-)

From you description it's not clear to me how priority works. You talk about hi/med/low priorities, but the GUI shows 1/2/3. shall I assume 1 = hi, 2 = med, 3 = low?

Moreover, if I set high priority to a component this means it will be the first to be shut down or the last?

Thank you

1 = hi, 2 = med, 3 = low

Highest priority = most critical. So last to shutdown and first to restart

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a known bug for people using RSS/RO/RP-0 where the root part becomes unmovable by gravity or thrust?

I have tried removing mods to see the minimum change needed and by removing or adding Ampyear, I can make the bug go away or reappear.

Of course this does not mean Ampyear is the cause but it suggests I should see here first if anyone else suffers from the same issue.

6 hours ago, John FX said:

Is there a known bug for people using RSS/RO/RP-0 where the root part becomes unmovable by gravity or thrust?

I have tried removing mods to see the minimum change needed and by removing or adding Ampyear, I can make the bug go away or reappear.

Of course this does not mean Ampyear is the cause but it suggests I should see here first if anyone else suffers from the same issue.

It's not a known bug no... but, seeing how removing AmpYear solves the issue... would seem related. Logs would help. particularly with the debug logging switched on in AmpYear while producing the problem.

On 27/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, JPLRepo said:

It's not a known bug no... but, seeing how removing AmpYear solves the issue... would seem related. Logs would help. particularly with the debug logging switched on in AmpYear while producing the problem.

I am away from my PC until the weekend but I will try to reproduce the issue with debug logging switched on and post some logs as soon as I can. It is probably one of my many other mods not doing something properly.

EDIT : What I will also do is try putting Ampyear back then removing other mods to see if one of those removes the issue, if it is another mod not playing nicely it would become apparent. Since noticing the issue, I have installed Pricipia. I am interested to see if that solves it as it takes over craft movement on launch. If the issue so gone I will remove Principia to bring the issue back to check the other mods for interactions. All on a copied game folder of course.

EDIT : OK so after getting back to my machine I have realised I told you about the wrong bug. I had two and have mixed them up. The bug I reported here goes away when I remove tweakscale...

The correct bug I experience with AmpYear is missing pod parts, specifically procedural probe cores and fairings. I suspect a MM conflict of some sort.

I will post a log tomorrow when I get some time.

Apologies for the confusion.

EDIT 2: Here is a KSP.log where I load KSP, load a game then go into the VAB, notice missing parts then quit.

Edited by John FX

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 5:13 PM, John FX said:

The correct bug I experience with AmpYear is missing pod parts, specifically procedural probe cores and fairings. I suspect a MM conflict of some sort.

I have the same problem. I'm running 1.2.2 with the correct version of Ampyear. Any update on this bug?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 4:26 AM, Tivec said:

Hello!

First of all, I must say I love your mod, it's necessary to have it when playing with RemoteTech2 so that power generation can be properly calculated.

However, I am struggling to figure out why KopernicusSolarPanel is not registering properly. I am running on  KSP 1.3.0, with AmpYear 1.4.9.0, Kopernicus release-1.3.0-4. All solars show as not producing anything in the part list. If I toggle between EC and SI, I can see that they produce 0.01W.s in the main window, and in the part list they're showing as 0.006W.s.

I should also say that I am running with New Horizons which modifies the solar system, but it correctly captures the sun distances according to the dark side calculator.

heWGpVQ.png

My log: http://i.tivec.org/KSP.zip

The mod list I am running with: http://i.tivec.org/ModsInstalled.txt

Any help appreciated, at the moment I have to make the power calcs for production manually, which is all but optimal :) If you need any other details, please let me know.

Hi @JPLRepo I too am having this exact problem.  From what i've read in the forums this was resolved in the past, but no longer?  Just wanted to check in to see if this is a known issue/if i'm just doing something that's creating it.  From what i've read and searched in the forum though, I have not found a solution.  thanks for any help - great mod!

Update: I created a new save w/ sandbox mode.  Ampyear worked the first time i entered the VAB and used the mk 1 capsule with the panel, then upon exiting the VAB and re-entering and creating another ship, it has not worked again. hope this helps.

my log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2159vppqhadr4/output_log.txt?dl=0

screen shot:

8X9RyTt.jpg

Edited by bojangles9999
log file + pic

On 1/6/2018 at 3:40 AM, bojangles9999 said:

Hi @JPLRepo I too am having this exact problem.  From what i've read in the forums this was resolved in the past, but no longer?  Just wanted to check in to see if this is a known issue/if i'm just doing something that's creating it.  From what i've read and searched in the forum though, I have not found a solution.  thanks for any help - great mod!

Update: I created a new save w/ sandbox mode.  Ampyear worked the first time i entered the VAB and used the mk 1 capsule with the panel, then upon exiting the VAB and re-entering and creating another ship, it has not worked again. hope this helps.

screen shot:

<snip>

Thanks, I'll look into it.

On 1/5/2018 at 12:40 PM, bojangles9999 said:

screen shot:

8X9RyTt.jpg

Hi @JPLRepo - I've removed kopernicus, but still seem to have the problem with stock panels:FUXvqZA.jpg

here's a copy of my output log, not sure where i'm going wrong here :(  thanks for any help, this mod is great, and completely necessary with RemoteTech.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2159vppqhadr4/output_log.txt?dl=0

update:  I deleted Amp year via CKAN, loaded my save, then quit, and reinstalled AMPyear via CKAN, loaded my save and the panels work with new ships.  Old ships with panels from before i deleted ampyear and reloaded have the problem, but if i remove their panels and put new ones on it works in amp year.  strange.

further update: it appears it may have something to do with dark-side calculations. it does not seem to recognize when i'm not calculating darkside vs when i am calculating darkside.

Edited by bojangles9999
update after test

I'm having a problem with ampyear not recognizing power generating parts in realism overhaul, specifically it doesn't recognized solar panels or RTGs. The parts are properly generating power, but the it doesn't show any power producing parts either in the VAB or in flight. It also replaces the built-in electric charge on probe cores and command pods with "reserve power" as a separate resource that can't be used. I'm using 1.2.2 on Macos High Sierra. Log Here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.