[1.11.x] AmpYear Main & Reserve Power Manager (v1.5.9.0) 22nd Feb 2021

JPLRepo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello world !

I need help with AmpYear mod !

From what I see, my ship manages its energy quite well for the dark transit phase around Kerbin @ 2867km.

However, when I launch this same ship, once I pass the dark side of Kerbin, all my energy disappears and I have to wait to find the sun to recharge the batteries.

While according to AmpYear, I have a surplus of '604' during my passage in the shadow of Kerbin ...

KSP 1.6.1

AmpYear 1.5.4.0

Thanks

22a7955cee.jpg

I have noticed only 1 thing that appears to not work, and that is the "Lynx_DrillRear part" it is missing in the partsdatabase.cfg onload. my craft won't load. I traced it to this "without AmpYear the part shows up fine" and the craft loads. kspv1.6.1 AmpYear1.5.4

I tried it installed separated on root and under GameData/REPOSoftTech with same results.

see link with pics and logs

lynx%20DrillRear%20NOT%20working.png

let me know if I can do more to help

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/02-2019/post/ampyear/

Thanks

Jammer-TD 

Edited by Jammer-TD
added link

18 hours ago, Craze said:

Mod does not see solar panels from SSTU as a source of electricity. Screen

Doesn't surprise me. Do you see that particular mod listed in the supported mods list in the OP?

On 2/1/2019 at 2:31 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Is there a way to use the reserve power automatically as soon as the main power resources are empty or do I always need to transfer the engery manually?

Not currently

On 2/22/2019 at 6:47 AM, Jammer-TD said:

I have noticed only 1 thing that appears to not work, and that is the "Lynx_DrillRear part" it is missing in the partsdatabase.cfg onload. my craft won't load. I traced it to this "without AmpYear the part shows up fine" and the craft loads. kspv1.6.1 AmpYear1.5.4 

I tried it installed separated on root and under GameData/REPOSoftTech with same results.

see link with pics and logs

lynx%20DrillRear%20NOT%20working.png

let me know if I can do more to help

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/02-2019/post/ampyear/

Thanks

Jammer-TD 

No Logs. So I can't help. I have no idea what a Lynx_drillrear is or what mod that is. But I do know - it's not a mod this mod supports.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:01 AM, Atmoz said:

Hello world !

I need help with AmpYear mod !

From what I see, my ship manages its energy quite well for the dark transit phase around Kerbin @ 2867km.

However, when I launch this same ship, once I pass the dark side of Kerbin, all my energy disappears and I have to wait to find the sun to recharge the batteries.

While according to AmpYear, I have a surplus of '604' during my passage in the shadow of Kerbin ...

KSP 1.6.1

AmpYear 1.5.4.0

Thanks

Hard to tell... without any idea what the ship looks like, etc, etc. But I can say:- the dark time calculation is a best guess. It can't actually simulate the exact amount of EC that will be produced by the ship as this involves a number of factors such as: The orientation of the panels and ship to the sun. Have you checked the power being produced is full production from all panels whilst transiting the sun side of the planet?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have such a problem with this mod: the calculator does not show the calculation of electricity consumption from fuel tanks with liquid hydrogen, because they need electricity for cooling. Can you fix this?

Probably not a bug - but I can not find for the life of me where the settings for this mod is? Not in the game settings were other mods put it, nor from the 3 windows that pop up. I see what settings is supposed to look like in the game help screen for the mod, but can not find how to get at it. Please let me know what my dumb ass is missing here guys.

4 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Probably not a bug - but I can not find for the life of me where the settings for this mod is? Not in the game settings were other mods put it, nor from the 3 windows that pop up. I see what settings is supposed to look like in the game help screen for the mod, but can not find how to get at it. Please let me know what my dumb ass is missing here guys.

Click on the button with the battery on it while at the KSC:

Spoiler

bNMJmRM.png

On the first game launch after installing the mod, you may have to enter the VAB/SPH first for the button to appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I love ampyear and it has saved my ass quite a few times! :) So this is not a support thing, but rather a feature request.

The first thing is a minor tweak... I would love to NOT see a modal dialog box pop up when out of power. The problem is that since it's not just text in the main window, nothing on the rocket (i.e. solar panels or caps) can be clicked until OK is clicked on the dialog. This wastes precious time when the need to make changes on the rocket is precious. If that message was on the main window w/o a popup it would be much better IMHO. At the very least having a pref or config file setting to disable it would be great!

Secondly, I have seen a bunch of my satellites run out of power with solar not deployed. I initially thought that ampyear would deploy solar panels when it got down to 20%, but have since realized it does not do that. I would be very cool to have an option in settings to autodeploy solar when level 1 2 or 3 gets triggered. If all I had to do was to a satellite that was showing no coms and as soon as I switched to it solar would pop out, then I could go back right away to doing other things.

Again great mod, one of the most useful, but these 2 things would make it even better!

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Version 1.5.5 for KSP 1.7.x published. see changelog in Op.

Installed  had issues reverted to previous version. All the AMP years parts disappeared from the VAB and SPH,. When attempting to load sevad game message vessel missing parts ampyear.r.large battery pack appeared. Log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhbj4m11vyosm83/Amp year output_log.txt?dl=0

6 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Installed  had issues reverted to previous version. All the AMP years parts disappeared from the VAB and SPH,. When attempting to load sevad game message vessel missing parts ampyear.r.large battery pack appeared. Log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhbj4m11vyosm83/Amp year output_log.txt?dl=0

AmpYear uses the stock models of the batteries which are removed by restock:

[Restock] Removing Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-400Battery/model.mu

You have to add a whitelist for these parts so restock doesn't remove them anymore. Just create a new textfile somewhere in your GameData directory, call it however you like and put the ".restockwhitelist" file extension on it. Put the follwing lines in it and save the file:

Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-1kBattery/
Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-100Battery/
Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-400Battery/

For more details, take a look at the restock wiki: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Asset-Blacklist-and-Whitelist

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
typos

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You have to add a whitelist for these parts so restock doesn't remove them anymore. Just create a new textfile somewhere in your GameData directory, call it however you like and put the ".restockwhitelist" fileextension on it. Put the folling lines in it and save the file:

For more details, take a look at the restock wiki: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Asset-Blacklist-and-Whitelist

Thanks. Think I’ll add that to the AmpYear distribution files.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

You have to add a whitelist for these parts so restock doesn't remove them anymore. Just create a new textfile somewhere in your GameData directory, call it however you like and put the ".restockwhitelist" file extension on it. Put the follwing lines in it and save the file:

Nice solution!

One more additon: At first it did not worked for me because Restock seams to process only _one_ whitelist file (the first it founds!) so if you have many mod: do a search, I found a whitelist file attached to "FlexoDocking" mod -so the one I have created was not processed - added the lines there and it worked...

8 minutes ago, Aszep said:

One more additon: At first it did not worked for me because Restock seams to process only _one_ whitelist file (the first it founds!) so if you have many mod: do a search, I found a whitelist file attached to "FlexoDocking" mod -so the one I have created was not processed - added the lines there and it worked...

That's odd, Restock should read every white- and blacklist.

Quote from the previously linked wiki article:

Any number of blacklist/whitelist files can be present and will all be read.

Since these lists are the only way for other mod creator to make their mods compatible with Restock, it has to work with multiple files so every mod which requires a whitelist, can bring their own.

AFAIK, windows hides known file extensions by default, so are you sure your file is actually named "xyz.restockwhitelist" and not "xyz.restockwhitelist.txt" ? You can check this by open the folder which contains the file, click on "view" in the menu bar and check the checkbox for "File name extensions". 

if you file is actually named properly, you should definitely report this issue like suggested by @Gordon Dry :)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with my current modset, part of that modset being AmpYear. I actually *don't* think that it is necessarily AmpYears fault, but rather some other, but it has to do with electric charge and I've been able to figure it out using AmpYear.

So, what's the problem? Well there seems to be a rogue minus roaming around in the code, making all of my solar panels take away electric charge and all of my antennas, lights, reaction wheels and so on charge the batteries. Quite annoying!
As stated at the start this is most probably not a problem with AmpYear, but rather one created by switching the modset from Real Solar back to the Kerbol system. 
Does someone know where the rogue minus is hanging around? Is there some .cfg I can edit to fix this bug? 

Greetings!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.