problem with sc-9001 science jr overheating in space.

so im trying to get to minmus but halfway through the flight, in space, the materials bay randomly overheats and exploads destroying my ship. as far as i know it is not geting damaged getting out of kerbin so im wondering if its just a bug or something? i hav not played the last couple of updates so i dont know if this is a feature that im supposed to try and prevent or something. please help.

Edited by jordan drake

there are no parts clipping through the science jr. I do have 4 solar panels and 4 heat reducers attached to it but they are not clipping through.

none of my engines are overheating. just the science jr is overheating.

and my height is different because it has happened in 2 different places, once in orbit over kerbin and twice while being captured by minmus.

Radiators! Radiators kill parts for no apparent reason, especially upon coming out of warp.

I see no reason to put radiators on a ship. As far as I can tell, nothing stock in the game right now produces enough heat to warrant having them, they don't appear to help reentry (nor should they, realistically), and they DO cause the parts they're attached to to explode for no damn reason.

So don't use radiators. You don't even need them at Moho.

I don't think radiators just kill parts attached to them. Seems more like they 'suck' all the heat out of a ships parts, which is theoretically a good thing. What is not good is the amount of heat they tend to amass, especially engine heat, leading to radiators and attached parts to overheat extremly fast and explode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.