Religion topics ruin kommunities

Kozak

I know this is kind of a hypocritical post considering its about religion, but meh!

Ok, so, recently i've seen a little bit of religion posts going on, not sure if there's a rule against it but imo religion shouldnt be in any forum at all (excluding forums specifically about it), I believe there should be rules prohibiting any kind of religion discussion And heres why:

1: Discussions about religion can usually get pretty nasty, say I, a christian, were to start a thread about christianity and how i believe in it, and a few others agreed with me, then one little bugger attacked it and posted nasty things, i would naturally defend myself, and others would probably join in, eventually leading to a thread shutting down.

2: People can get very angry and show it if someone is openly christian and wants to share his beliefs, (I'm christian so im using it as an example) for some reason people get angry about that and i dont know why, probably never will, but i'd like to keep angry people out of the KSP community :)

I know this isn't much of a problem, but as KSP grows, it could be, and i love this community, it's helped me in many ways outside of KSP, and i'd like to keep it the way it is, growing? sure! bring it on! becoming something like a CoD community full of 12 year old racists? Nooooooo!!!

As Starwhip says, religious discussion is generally frowned upon for more or less those reasons. People tend to be very overprotective of their religious beliefs, and frequently intolerant of the beliefs of others.

As such, there is indeed a rule against it. If you see something getting overly religious, please feel free to report the post (the little triangle button at the bottom of the post) so we can take a look. It would probably be best to avoid confronting the person about it directly; that is, after all, our job. :)

Technically yes, and you could report this if you wanted.

I was just pointing out that i dont want religion coming into this, whether athiest, christian, muslim or whatever, no more! :)

So are KSP-only mock-religions okay? Such as Probe Worship, Krakenworship, or Harvestronianism?

"Hail Probe!"

"All Glory to the Deep Space Kraken!"

"You're doin' a pretty good job on the game right now, Felipe. I'll sacrifice a few more Kerbals if it'll make the work faster."

So are KSP-only mock-religions okay? Such as Probe Worship, Krakenworship, or Harvestronianism?

Hail Probe!

All Glory to the Deep Space Kraken!

You're doin' a pretty good job on the game right now, Felipe. I'll sacrifice a few more Kerbals if it'll make the work faster.

:hailprobe:

Pro-religion and anti-religion can both get pretty toxic, which is why we ask our members to just avoid the subject entirely. This is, after all, a forum devoted to a cute little space flight game. :D So let's observe the rule and turn to other subjects before this gets nasty.