Heat Wave...

Mat2ch

Meanwhile, where I live, it's the rainy season (Damn you, Torrid zone!) So about every 3:00 pm, pounding rains come down. On other days it is unbearable. 31â—‹ Celsius. That's often our everyday climate.

Meanwhile, where I live, it's the rainy season (Damn you, Torrid zone!) So about every 3:00 pm, pounding rains come down. On other days it is unbearable. 31â—‹ Celsius. That's often our everyday climate.

This sounds awful, too. Today we will have around 30 °C and currently around 60-70 % humidity. I don't know what's worse. This or the 39 °C...

You should be here in New Zealand...

Rain then sun then rain again.... all day long. Always seems to stick to about 12c ... some parts of NZ are getting snow.

They say it will be a cold and maybe wet summer for us... :(

Opposite here in New Zealand... cold, windy and wet... had major flooding recently (while I was moving house).... the sun was out today, but still a little windy and cold.

Chin up...

Opposite here in Norway too, summer has been very cold.

Opposite here in Norway too, summer has been very cold.

I really should move north. At least for this summer... have a look at the Baltic Sea, very mild 20 - 24 °C there, fresh wind from the sea... I could play KSP all day long without sweating!

welp.. my well ran dry last week so no more showers. the pungent odor of my d now saturates the hot humid air grossing people, cows and all creatures alike out for miles downwind.

i'd never thought i'd say this but i really hope it would rain. soon.

Had a pretty hot weekend at home near Ludwigshafen, Rhineland-Palatinate with highs of 39 *C and absolutely no wind. On Sunday it cooled down by 10 degrees after some rain, so now its "only" 29 °C and very humid...

Can burn myself with my Macbook Pro, if I touch the wrong "hull segments", my desktop PC is roaring like a 747 on take-off, but so far none of my rigs died of the heat... :D

Oh, not so funny. Tonight the lowest temp shall be the same as the highest temp on sunday... 23 °C! Cool air, I welcome you!

It would all be better if the humidity wasn't that high. Between 60 and 80 %...

I have two fans pointed at my laptop along with a cooling pad with three fans during the summer.

I live in California on my boat so do not have AC.

There are some games I can not play for very long before my laptop becomes uncomfortable hot. Which is OK because it encourages me to go out in the world instead of designing a new probe, space station, or lander.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.