Sigma Binary

Sigma88

On 10/21/2016 at 6:10 AM, Sigma88 said:

Pretty nasty bugs have appeared with 1.2

Ouch. Was hoping to use this for OPM now that Kopernicus is updated.

What exactly are these nasty bugs? I may decide to be suicidal and install it on my own risk. (A man's gotta have realistic orbital mechanics)

5 hours ago, Noname115 said:

Ouch. Was hoping to use this for OPM now that Kopernicus is updated.

What exactly are these nasty bugs? I may decide to be suicidal and install it on my own risk. (A man's gotta have realistic orbital mechanics)

I'm in the process of overhauling the code right now. Solved the majority of nasty bugs, binary systems still are not completely synched. But I should be able to fix that

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Sigma Binary v1.6.0

updated to the new KSP and Kopernicus, plus a small fix to orbit colors

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png

Changelog:

v1.6.0

- Updated to KSP 1.2.1 and Kopernicus 1.2.1-1
- Fixed tracking station bug that made planets go off their orbits
- Fixed science archives so that barycenter bodies are not shown
- Removed compatibility with parameter 'selectable' for barycenters
- Added automatic Kerbin reparenting when needed
- Added compatibility with Kopernicus new feature 'PostSpawnOrbit'
- Added compatibility with parameter 'iconColor' for barycenters
- Added time dependent easter eggs
- Added option to disable easter eggs (only for who hates fun)

Oh god I do love this news! Thank you for work, @Sigma88!!!

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

Not seeing this mod in CKAN.  Is this intentional?

Yes, plus the latest update of kopernicus broke compatibility with this mod. So if you want to use it you need to use kopernicus 1.2.1-1

1 hour ago, SilverlightPony said:

Do you not want it on CKAN at all, or just not want to deal with it yourself?  (Nothing wrong with either stance, mind you)

the only thing CKAN does is open my mod to people that are too lazy to do a manual install.

I rather have a small comunity of dedicated users, that follow the thread and know how to give a proper bug report when the need comes.

and for the same reason I don't allow redistribution of my mods.

(plus CKAN metadata curation has been a problem for many mods in the past, so I'm not really in a hurry to get back on that train)

EDIT:

this has not to be intended as an insult to CKAN, I have nothing against them now that CKAN has an opt-out option

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

the only thing CKAN does is open my mod to people that are too lazy to do a manual install.

I rather have a small comunity of dedicated users, that follow the thread and know how to give a proper bug report when the need comes.

and for the same reason I don't allow redistribution of my mods.

(plus CKAN metadata curation has been a problem for many mods in the past, so I'm not really in a hurry to get back on that train)

EDIT:

this has not to be intended as an insult to CKAN, I have nothing against them now that CKAN has an opt-out option

Any ETA about when the mod will get compatible with the new update of Kopernicus? I'm afraid I have to stop running KSP until that update comes out :/

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

Any ETA about when the mod will get compatible with the new update of Kopernicus? I'm afraid I have to stop running KSP until that update comes out :/

you can still use kopernicus 1.2.1-1 in the meantime, so no need to stop.

I'll have a look tonight so if the fix is simple enough I'd say you can expect a release tonight/tomorrow night

where "night" means anytime between 9PM and 2AM CET

Oy, @Sigma88 :D I got something else for you to do with GPP.... Get Sigma Binary to agree with it.

Someone pointed out that with the mass ratio of 1:5, Catullus should be a binary partner with its parent Gauss. The actual Gauss system is untouched but I get this empty thing nearly intersecting Otho's orbit and carrying Jool's description, and I've been trying different tags with no success.

@Galileo's use of FOR[GPP] instead of AFTER[Kopernicus] apparently breaks this mod or I'm doing something wrong other than the tags.

@Kopernicus:FOR[SigmaBinary]
{
	@Body[Catullus]
	{
		SigmaBinary
		{
			name = Gauss Plus
			primaryLocked = true
			redrawOrbit = true
			Properties
			{
				description = Just when you thought it was bad enough...!
			}
		}
	}
}
Spoiler

lrYUc4v.jpg

RfocfDQ.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oy, @Sigma88 :D I got something else for you to do with GPP.... Get Sigma Binary to agree with it.

Someone pointed out that with the mass ratio of 1:5, Catullus should be a binary partner with its parent Gauss. The actual Gauss system is untouched but I get this empty thing nearly intersecting Otho's orbit and carrying Jool's description, and I've been trying different tags with no success.

@Galileo's use of FOR[GPP] instead of AFTER[Kopernicus] apparently breaks this mod or I'm doing something wrong other than the tags.

@Kopernicus:FOR[SigmaBinary]
{
	@Body[Catullus]
	{
		SigmaBinary
		{
			name = Gauss Plus
			primaryLocked = true
			redrawOrbit = true
			Properties
			{
				description = Just when you thought it was bad enough...!
			}
		}
	}
}
  Reveal hidden contents

lrYUc4v.jpg

RfocfDQ.jpg

SigmaBinary compatibility has to be added into the mod.

if galileo didn't add compatibility is either because:

1- he didn't know about the mod (and now he does)

2- he knew about the mod but decided not to use it (in which case I respect his decision)

syntax is even simpler than what you proposed, it's enough to add an empty node into the secondary body

SigmaBinary {}

that's enough to make the planet work

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the current version of Sigma Binary is not compatible with Kopernicus 1.2.2-1. I installed both Sigma Binary 1.6.1 and the Duna-Ike configurations but Duna-Ike is not a binary system. As well as that, the Plock-Karen binary system from Outer Planets Mod is not a binary system either.

Kopernicus logs: https://puu.sh/sHDxJ/11bb0b2c94.zip

1 hour ago, mezzodrinker said:

It looks like the current version of Sigma Binary is not compatible with Kopernicus 1.2.2-1. I installed both Sigma Binary 1.6.1 and the Duna-Ike configurations but Duna-Ike is not a binary system. As well as that, the Plock-Karen binary system from Outer Planets Mod is not a binary system either.

Kopernicus logs: https://puu.sh/sHDxJ/11bb0b2c94.zip

that was expected, I need to release a patch compatible with the new KSP and Kopernicus version :) 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, String Witch said:

Where is the Duna-Ike config now?

I forgot to update that, now it's fixed

for the future, you can keep using the older dunaike cfgs, it's a while now that the duna-ike config hasn't changed because the current syntax is the final and won't change in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.