Sigma Binary

Sigma88

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, WalterB said:

So it looks like this mod is no longer active? Does anyone know of any other mod that adds binary systems to KSP 1.5? I've done some Google searching but so far no luck.

The forum page for Sigma Binary has been discontinued but the mod still exists.  Give it a try and see if it works in 1.5.x.

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Binary/releases

13 hours ago, WalterB said:

So it looks like this mod is no longer active? Does anyone know of any other mod that adds binary systems to KSP 1.5? I've done some Google searching but so far no luck.

TIA

as @OhioBob the mod has not been abandoned

if I receive bug reports on the github repository I am happy to look at those bugs and fix them, however since I have limited free time I am not going to update mods automatically at every ksp patch

of course I suggest you to backup your saves before trying any mod on a new version of KSP just to be on the safe side

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

I will test the mod for 1.6.1 to 1. Use it for OPM, and 2. Check for bugs on 1.6.1 and kopernicus 1.6.1-2

I've also been testing the mod in 1.6.1 and from what I can tell, it works great. The issue that's causing me to consider uninstalling it though is that it seems completely incompatible with both Strategia and Research Bodies because it causes anything those mods do that's associated with a binary system to fail. Basically they are looking for the next body to be something specific and run across the binary system instead and fail un-gracefully. This causes Strategia for example not to load any of the Planet programs from Duna onward that aren't gas giants and Research Bodies causes Duna's orbit to disappear and won't allow you to tab-select beyond Duna while SB is installed.

@Sigma88 I know you don't have much time, but I'm curious if you think there is a way around this issue to make everyone play nicely while keeping SB installed.

Edited by SpacedInvader

On 3/31/2019 at 12:00 AM, SpacedInvader said:

@Sigma88 I know you don't have much time, but I'm curious if you think there is a way around this issue to make everyone play nicely while keeping SB installed.

it is definitely possible to solve the issue, but it would require the mods you mentioned to ignore the barycenter bodies

if those mods were to add some way to mark a body for being ignored I can add to SB some code to communicate with those mods and tell them to ignore all barycenters

I don't think it would be possible for me to solve the issue only on SB side, feel free to open an issue on my github and ping the devs of the mods you mentioned

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.