The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

Here's a 3 Pager, "Ha! 90% Ore!". ADM is about to claw it... Mortimer, is in a mood for a delicious undertaking of plans, and while saving the world might be a short push away (for now), saving the KSC from paper pushers is not.

C6Dt8V4.png3QGCRnW.pngxOMMrSl.png

Edited by SaturnianBlue

I wouldn't expect gene to say "May the force be with us!"

I would think werner or someone in the science team saying it. Because nerds. Mission control seems less likely to say it.

You know, I wouldn't think you'd be wrong, but it's likely all have some level of neediness after all.

Here's ARM's approach "Panic". The approach of ARM is going all and fine, until someone starts a commotion...

Vfu8SFR.png6CPYe3u.pngFTGXdu7.pngR0QmdOZ.png

Also, we've officially hit 4000 views! Thanks for all the support!

Sorry for the lack of activity and entries, school and especially laptop sharing has taken a toll on the production of this series, and while I'll get one entry ASAP, it might be a few days. I don't really know what to improve on this series as well, though I do have an idea of what I want to do, it's still to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

6000 views! Thank you! I decided to do the whole press conference thing because I decided actually showing it "live" was boring, having done it countless times.

Of course, this was also my first use of Kerbal Animation Suite. The big four of the astronauts are in, I figured that since IRL ARM would be docked with an Orion capsule, I decided to implement them. Astronauts on missions also provide better development instead of kerbals disconnected from the ship, and I've noticed this has worked well and is used on most graphic novels, which reminds me: I technically have the record for the longest time without a crewed mission in a graphic novel in IRL time, and maybe KSP time?

Also in the thought process: Doomsday comet plot for series 6-7.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

The KSC Press Conference is over, and Jeb begins to explain his daring plan to get science and try and defy Mortimer Kerman.yotxYzn.pngOJywVyz.pngfWiAlKM.pngIfcb94Q.png

For largely unimportant events that happen slowly, do you thing Press Conferences are a good way of condensing those events? What do you think of the Jebediah Master Plan? Do you think introducing kerbonauts into the story is a good idea? How are my car making skills? :P

Alright! Series 4 B3 is now up! This is to be the third to last entry of my single longest series, Series 4. The construction of the Minmus refinery and Asteroid hotel seem to be whole and jolly, but several changes are made, and an insight into the space program is revealed.

a0enr3J.jpglZvVck5.pngz8ghkUV.png

What do you all think about newspapers as a way of a sort of insight into the KSC? What do you think happens next? Do you agree with Mort? How is your opinion of the Jedediah master plan?

Jebediah Kerman (In Blue) has a quiet but moving discussion in the meeting rooms of the Administration building with his adversary (In crimson-gold). This one's short but an important point to give Jeb and his crew members a bit more character and meaning.KQZ9l2b.pngDifknLB.pngDo you like the meeting room? Would you like it to be used again? How was the discussion? What do you think of the morality of both characters? Also notable 7000 views! Thank you for keeping a slow to unfold but long running webcomic alive!

The finale of Series 4 has come! It's by far the longest series, at 12 entries! Wernher initiates the entry into Mun orbit for ARM, Val makes note of plans and explanations. Finally, the Hotel-Refinery is... Well, you'll need to find out!

SSNCTGZ.pngeZy3RS1.pngqcXSiyV.pngyGjNXgL.pngsaUbdVk.pngz3kCJ6Y.png

There you have it! The end to series 4! It's also the first time i've depicted Mort and Subeth Kerman. I drew/edited them in SketchbookExpress, the simple art program that came with my drawing tablet. Mr. Signalman is finally in the series. ARM, ADM, and the new launch (Mission: Very Possible) will all be back in Series 5. There won't be any interludes between series 4-5. Btw, the red Mustang is back!

What did you think of the series? Do you like the crew? Was it a nice finale?

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Hooray! 8000 views! I'm also updating the first post to include all of series 4. I still haven't gotten ksp 1.0.5 downloaded (Macs don't recognize Squad, and i'm not the admin account), and the next one I'd prefer be in 1.0.5, so while most of the mission is done, not all of it is.

Also, I'd like a sprinkle of feedback on what bits you like about series 4, so I can improve series 5.

EDIT: Series 4/4B added to the first page for those who'd prefer reading it in imgur without the forum things.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

The start of Series 5 begins with the "MVP" (Mission : Very Possible) launching into the skies above the KSC... But Mort's not ready to give up yet, and Jeb is rolling on with the mission.

4 Page series introductory entry.

90AOzra.png

AnG7yQm.pngH4T1cl0.pngCsmTZFR.png

How was Jeb and Mort? How was the format for you? How was the mood for the entry?

Oh and yes, I changed the logo a bit.

For those who like munching on outside references, Spaceballs gets a mention with "We Brake For Nobody",

and Doctor Who in the style of "Harry Sullivan is an imbecile!"

Edited by SaturnianBlue

So, Mort can ses commands to a rocket in flight that neither Gene in Mission Control nor the pilots on board can do anything about? *shudder*

The pilots can do the same thing Mort can do, but why? Mort of course uses power via fear naturally, he might want to protect lives of Kerbals, but he wouldn't mind firing a few!

RSO can't be aborted or overridden quickly enough, unless you are Mr Master Hacker, which Bill isn't... Mort ordered some commands to be irreversible from space too... *gulp*

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.