Radial version of stack separator

Hactar

Several times over the past few years the idea of a radial stack separator has come up and again and again the download link has 404-ed. I (and many others, I'm sure) would really enjoy this as a more mainstream mod.

A radial stack separator could prove very useful, mainly in decoupling autonomous craft, like deploying several communications satellites for RemoteTech.

Original Thread #1 - Download link on Spaceport, which is LONG gone.

Original Thread #2 - Download link on Dropbox, which gives a 404.

Download? - Quick, before this one dies too!

While there is a download that seems to work, it hasn't been updated since 0.23.5, and so probably doesn't have tech tree support, but it is a place to start. I am looking for a more adept modder to take this up. As you probably guessed, this is where you come in. :D

Seconding, a radial separator would be great. Not even for releasing the single radial thing, but for massive drops - multiple small modules (miniature probes) connected to one.

Personally, I hacked one together from two structural pylons connected with a cubic octagonal strut. It took some messing with dummy subassemblies and changing root parts but once made, the subassembly behaved as intended, with the exception of needing to stage two decouplings instead of one.

Edited by Sharpy

Oooh this would be nice. Especially if there are mini version. This would allow for swarm sat deployment. I can stack a bunch of cheap relay beacons to spam in a far away planet with one shot instead of having to do it the careful and calculated way.

Note you can already do something like that by spamming cubic ortogonal struts around a stack separator.

Another alternative is making a separator the base of your swarmsat (very flat). Then stack a bunch of these separators.

http://imgur.com/a/zjA8o

The parachute lights and the radial burst of separatrons were detached from stack separators. The whirly ones were made with a tower of decouplers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.