[1.0.5 - 1.4] Colorful Fuel Lines, 0.3.3 (2018-03-12) :)

NecroBones

ColorFuel Lines

(aka Colorful Fuel Lines)

This is a very simple mod pack, simply adding more color choices for fuel lines., as a tweakable option.

WARNING: Upgrading to 0.2 from 0.1 can be save-breaking for vessels using the 0.1 fuel lines. To edit your save manually, change all references to "CFLfuelLine(color)" to "fuelLine" (note the capitalization).

ks-banner.jpg

Part of the NecroBones suite of mods, that work nicely together:

Required Dependencies:

DOWNLOAD:

SpaceDock

or

necrobones.com

License:

This mod's custom components (except the textures) are being shared under the CC-NC-SA license:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

The textures are modified versions of Squad's fuel line texture. Therefore they should be considered Squad derivatives.

Revision History:

0.3.3 (2018-03-12) - Tweaks.
 - Updated download link in readme to Spacedock instead of *.
 - Removed included copies of MM and IFS.

0.3.2 (2015-11-09) - Small fix.
 - Changed MM config to work with InterstellarFuelSwitch as well as Firespitter.

0.3.1 (2015-07-13) - Small bug fix.
 - Corrected the White/Grey naming displayed in the context menu.

0.3 (2015-07-09) - Color tweaks, etc.
 - Changed "orange" to more closely resemble the orange tanks.
 - Brighted the arrows on the "black" fuel line to be a lighter grey.
 - Added README.

0.2 (2015-07-07) - Rebuilt Alpha
 - Added two new colors, Grey & Purple.
 - Converted textures to DDS format.
 - Changed to a tweakable on the stock fuel line, rather than separate parts.
 - Now requires ModuleManager and FirespitterCore to function.
 - WARNING: Save-breaking when upgrading from version 0.1. 

0.1 (2015-07-07) - Initial Alpha
 - First release. 

Edited by NecroBones
Testing

If you'd made this a tweakable, I would love to use this. I want to avoid any "duplicate parts" mods as my part list tends to get extremely cluttered... But I love the idea! Colored fuel lines is just one of those "This is so simple and useful, why isn't it stock?" things :) .

If you'd made this a tweakable, I would love to use this. I want to avoid any "duplicate parts" mods as my part list tends to get extremely cluttered... But I love the idea! Colored fuel lines is just one of those "This is so simple and useful, why isn't it stock?" things :) .

I'll second that tweakable idea because I already have lots of parts.

Although it WOULD be a minor PITA to change the color of the fuel line every time you put a new one down in a complex system. But you have to balance somewhere I guess. Maybe provide both options???

Edited by smjjames

Yeah, I don't know of a good way currently (and don't have the plugin coding know-how) to do it as a tweakable. If one of those existing mods allows for it, I'd love to look into it. I think it would be OK to have a dependency for that.

I know IFS allows swapping out the mass and contents (which doesn't really apply here), but I'm not sure about the textures. I'll look.

Yeah, I don't know of a good way currently (and don't have the plugin coding know-how) to do it as a tweakable. If one of those existing mods allows for it, I'd love to look into it. I think it would be OK to have a dependency for that.

I know IFS allows swapping out the mass and contents (which doesn't really apply here), but I'm not sure about the textures. I'll look.

There's a module InterstellarTextureSwitch as well as FSTextureSwitch2 which have all the functionality to switch textures.

There's a module InterstellarTextureSwitch as well as FSTextureSwitch2 which have all the functionality to switch textures.

FSTextureSwitch2 might be exactly what I need. I'm looking into it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you keep making mods that I must have? You're really cluttering my GameData folder!

LOL, I'm doing my best! :)

So, the tweakable thing looks promising, but it's working yet, and I'm not sure why. I can get the FireSpitter plugin to pop up the GUI, and even use the button names I tell it, but it's not displaying a current texture name, and the next/prev buttons appear to do nothing. The texture paths+names are correct.

In the example below, I've included nearly all of the mesh-object/transform names in the "fuelLine" part, though I'm sure the textures actually apply to a smaller list than that.

@PART[fuelLine]
{
MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
textureNames = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/model000;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineWhite;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlack;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlue;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGreen;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineRed;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineOrange
objectNames = model;fuelLine;anchor;obj_line;obj_anchorCap;obj_targetCap;obj_targetAnchor
textureDisplayNames = Yellow;White;Black;Blue;Green;Red;Orange
nextButtonText = Next Color
prevButtonText = Previous Color
statusText = Current Color
showListButton = true
}

}

So, the tweakable thing looks promising, but it's working yet, and I'm not sure why. I can get the FireSpitter plugin to pop up the GUI, and even use the button names I tell it, but it's not displaying a current texture name, and the next/prev buttons appear to do nothing. The texture paths+names are correct.

OK, I have this fixed. Update will be posting shortly.

Warning: This is a save-breaking change if you've started using the 0.1 parts. However, you can manually fix the save by changing any reference to CFLfuelLineBlack (or CFLfuelLineBlue, etc) to just "fuelLine".

- - - Updated - - -

Update posted.

WARNING: Upgrading to 0.2 from 0.1 can be save-breaking for vessels using the 0.1 fuel lines. To edit your save manually, change all references to "CFLfuelLine(color)" to "fuelLine" (note the capitalization).

0.2 (2015-07-07) - Rebuilt Alpha
- Added two new colors, Grey & Purple.
- Converted textures to DDS format.
- Changed to a tweakable on the stock fuel line, rather than separate parts.
- Now requires ModuleManager and FirespitterCore to function.
- WARNING: Save-breaking when upgrading from version 0.1.

Ok. Scratch that. I see it is now tweakable but don't see how to change it. Nothing in right click menu and have FS Core and MM latest versions installed.

Hmmmm....where would I find these in the VAB? They aren't showing up anywhere. I assume under Tanks, but checked all tabs and can't find them.

Thanks!

Edited by jmbailey2000

I foresee this concept being useful for people with mods that affect fuel types, e.g. RealFuels or anything that might end up requiring something like MonoPropellant ducts.

As parameciumkid predicted, here is someone who would like to assign a specific resource to a colour. The stock game allows every resource to flow from one part to another, provided crossfeed is on. I would prefer a system where everything has to be connected, especially energy. The coloured hoses could be ideal for that.

I like this mod, but when the rightclick menu tells me the fuelline is 'white', it is grey, and when it says 'grey', it is white.

This can be fixed by changing the modulemanager file to

textureDisplayNames = Yellow;White;Grey;Black;Green;Blue;Purple;Red;Orange

or by changing the texture order to

textureNames = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/model000;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGrey;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineWhite;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlack;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGreen;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlue;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLinePurple;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineRed;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineOrange

I like this mod, but when the rightclick menu tells me the fuelline is 'white', it is grey, and when it says 'grey', it is white.

Thanks for the bug report! Yeah, it was just a pasting mistake. I'll put out a fix momentarily.

- - - Updated - - -

And, posted:

0.3.1 (2015-07-13) - Small bug fix.
- Corrected the White/Grey naming displayed in the context menu.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ven'sRevamp will now overwrite this if you have it installed as it now includes it's own fuel line texture (and IIRC it's also further down the file tree alphabetically). CFL will work fine if Ven's isn't installed though as expected. I meant to post this earlier in the week when I was getting my install ready, but I accidentally forgot upon fixing other conflicts. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.