KSP crashes immediately on startup before loading any assets

Version: Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit, KSP x64, Steam and Non-Steam

After installing KSP for the first time after moving from Windows, I was able to start up and get KSP x64 running at the main menu without any mods, but didn't proceed further since I wanted to add in my mods. After adding in my mods and installing all the preqs noted in the Linux Install Threads, my game started crashing immediately on startup.

Figuring the mods were to blame, I wiped out all traces of the mods and tried again. Again an instant crash on startup. Same after a reinstall. For some reason my KSP is reading the following system info in the output_log:

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [atiumdag.dll 8.14.10.741]
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 64 MB (via fallback)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1

My actual video card is a Radeon 280X with 3GB of VRAM. I'm assuming that KSP is crashing as soon as it loads a graphical asset larger than 64 MB(!?)

Also potentially relevant is KSP not finding a specific video driver file? I've installed every dependency mentioned in any Linux Install thread I've seen to my knowledge.

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0xF5C4B3C3) (fglrx_dri.so): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

What have I ballsed up to make KSP think I'm running a potato GPU? What steps do I need to take to troubleshoot this and provide more info to help?

I'm brand spanking new to Linux--I installed it purely to have a stable KSP x64 with far too many mods to make sense, but I'm liking it enough to stay for more than just KSP. That being said I have very little clue on using the terminal to do things other than basic apt-get commands.

Errorlogs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6mm0ygyuiw5wiw/2015-07-07_194648.7z?dl=0

Edited by Cleric2145

Why are you running the windows version in wine? You should be starting the native client: KSP.x86_64.

The dead giveaway is the mention of DirectX and output.log, both of which apply to the Windows version only.

Running via wine is slow, unsupported and only 32bit anyway.

Get away from wine/playonlinux - there's a native Steam and KSP for GNU/Linux.

Edited by steve_v

Yeah that seems about right. I've been piecemealing KSP together as I learn about Linux and the end result is me seeing old posts about needing WINE to run Steam and assuming that includes KSP.

So far it seems to run fine unmodded. I expect modded will be cake after fixing this silly problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.