[1.0.X] Z1 Hypercar

ADK

That looks awesome! :D (Maybe you want to make it a bit more smooth?)

I tried to make the model a bit smoother but then the file would become larger and took longer for KSP to load :(

I tried to make the model a bit smoother but then the file would become larger and took longer for KSP to load :(

You can make a more detailed model and bake the detail into a normal map which then can be used on the low poly model ;)

You can make a more detailed model and bake the detail into a normal map which then can be used on the low poly model ;)

Thanks. Will try that for my next mod :) Z1 Hypercar is my first mod and it is just experimental.

If it is experimental, it should be in the Add-on Development section, not the Add-on Releases section

Sorry what I meant was this mod is experimental to me but still I am happy to release the mod (hence no longer in development).

Funky. That's all I've got I'm afraid. If it was equipped with a JSI transparent pod setup, with a fully functional cockpit and all, well... that would be another story altogether. Not bad as it is though.

What they mean by "Smooth" is what's called smooth shading. This cuts down on the visible edges without adding polygons which aren't going to be much of a concern for non-collider meshes anyway. KSP is CPU(physics)-limited in nearly all cases.

Be careful with smooth shading, though. It's easy to make really mushy looking models if you abuse it.

What they mean by "Smooth" is what's called smooth shading. This cuts down on the visible edges without adding polygons which aren't going to be much of a concern for non-collider meshes anyway. KSP is CPU(physics)-limited in nearly all cases.

Be careful with smooth shading, though. It's easy to make really mushy looking models if you abuse it.

Thanks! Just tried smooth shading on my next mod and I got to say it is looking a lot better :)

tumblr_nrbdb2PwoK1tctfcdo1_1280.png

Thanks again everyone :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.