The Asteroid Challenge (Reworked - for all your asteroid needs!)

A couple days ago, User Ilovespiders01 posted a challenge to land a C-class asteroid on kerbin. However, the thread closed due to not having any structure. So, along with his ideas, I have some challenges for you involving asteroids. I'll be working on all challenges over the next few days, so post suggestions!

You can use any mods you want (unless otherwise stated) that aren't too over-powered (I.E: No hyperedit; No engines with super-high thrust and/or ISP. The Interstellar mod is allowed, however)

GOAL: Land an asteroid of any size on any celestial body.

Details: This is a slightly built-on version of the original challenge. Instead of being limited to having just a C-class asteroid and landing it on kerbin, you can land any asteroid anywhere.

If you have any planet packs, please say and I'll give you a specific multiplier.

Using the Sentinel Telescope provided by the Asteroid Day mod voids all multipliers and all bodies except in the kerbin system have 1.25x for atmospheric bodies, and 1.5x for everything else.

Any information mod other than mechjeb is recommended for this part of the challenge.

Leaderboard:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

Special Mentions:

GOAL: Construct a space station in orbit around any planet, with at least one asteroid attached

Details: Have a space station that can support at least 5 kerbals, with power, communication with kerbin and emergency return craft that can return to kerbin or another station with 10 active kerbals on board

Leaderboard:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

Special Mentions:

Multipliers:

KaDDdyS.png

Scoring:

Scores are calculated with the following formula:

Asteroid mass (in tonnes) * Multiplier * (relative inclination to planet system (if inclination is equal to or greater than 10 degrees) / 10)

Good luck! I'll post my entries soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is my entry!

http://imgur.com/a/66BhL

I was going to land it on Laythe but after some quick calculations I came to the conclusion I would need 2.01 times the mass of my dry mass as wet mass with Isp = 800s

Which would mean about 75 Tanks I used in my upperstage

I also calculated it with Xenon tanks and I would need 500 of the 1,25m kind.

Maybe I'll get some mod with those nice engines of 20000s Isp in vacuum!

zYZkvGN.png

Points I'd get: 1639.38281*1*128.83682=211213 Points.

Edited by Phafor
Points calculated

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.