[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

Ive been using this mod for so long now and love it. Love the SRBs with my shuttle and sls builds, love the orion capsules although I use procedural tanks for the tank/CSM. Why dont you update it to 1.3(I know it works on 1.3 anyway) and add to spacedock? I bet there are tons of players that would love these great parts and dont know about this great mod. I guess it might be better this way if you dont have much time :)  Not to many people complaing :)

On 9/2/2017 at 4:31 PM, RaiderMan said:

are there any dependencies?
is there a prebuilt model I can play with in the mod pack?

There are no dependencies for the mod, though I do include configs for RealChute and RealPlume that will work if you have those installed, but they are not required.  There are pre-built craft files of the Shuttle, Block I, Block II, and EFT-1 configurations.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:19 PM, dave1904 said:

Ive been using this mod for so long now and love it. Love the SRBs with my shuttle and sls builds, love the orion capsules although I use procedural tanks for the tank/CSM. Why dont you update it to 1.3(I know it works on 1.3 anyway) and add to spacedock? I bet there are tons of players that would love these great parts and dont know about this great mod. I guess it might be better this way if you dont have much time :)  Not to many people complaing :)

I will eventually update the mod with some more parts as I promised, but since it already works in 1.3 maybe I should just change the title of the thread so people more readily know.  The mod is on spacedock.info, but it still says its for 1.0.5, so some people may not think it works with 1.3+.  I should take care of that too.  Thank you for the compliments and I'm glad you like the mod.

21 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

page one, the pictures below that of the orion, arent showing up.

Apparently Imgur albums were disabled on the forum because of an update at Imgur.  I have replaced them with direct links to the albums.  Thanks for letting me know, for a while I though they just weren't showing up on my computer.

Downloaded , installed ,  a couple of issues 

The Solar Panels won't unfold ? is there any dependcies for these ?

When i use the enclosed craft files , I get this message for nearly all of them "Parts Missing radialDecoupler1-2 " ?

Edited by Puggonaut 2

15 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Downloaded , installed ,  a couple of issues 

The Solar Panels won't unfold ? is there any dependcies for these ?

When i use the enclosed craft files , I get this message for nearly all of them "Parts Missing radialDecoupler1-2 " ?

The "radialDecoupler1-2" part is a stock Squad part, the Hydraulic Detachment Manifold; you haven't deleted the stock parts have you?

I'm not sure why the panels won't deploy.  In my install of 1.3 they deploy fine.  I assume you are referring to the Orion solar panels, what other mods do you have installed, it could be a conflict there.  It could also be the situation that the craft is in, are you trying to deploy in space, or on the ground?

5 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

The "radialDecoupler1-2" part is a stock Squad part, the Hydraulic Detachment Manifold; you haven't deleted the stock parts have you?

I'm not sure why the panels won't deploy.  In my install of 1.3 they deploy fine.  I assume you are referring to the Orion solar panels, what other mods do you have installed, it could be a conflict there.  It could also be the situation that the craft is in, are you trying to deploy in space, or on the ground?

Ok i've sorted it out thanks , erm yup I was using Janitors CLoset and sort of screwed up the squad parts with it . all working fine now thanks , as a bonus the Solar panels now work as well . Thanks for the prompt reply .

9 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

Hey ShadowWork The Parachute isn't in Staging  is that normal

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

yeah I've been seeing that too, actually. no parachutes in staging, and now that I think about it..I think the parachutes are missing altogether from the parts list..

What version of ShadowWorks are you using?  This was an issue that we had in an earlier version because I had written the RealChute config such that it required RealChute instead of using it only if it was installed.  In version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks, the current release version available on SpaceDock I corrected this so that the parachutes appear in the parts list, in the staging, and work whether you have RealChutes or not.  If you have version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks you can try either deleting the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg", or changing the first line to:

@PART[SWOrionChutes]:NEEDS[RealChute]

Either should fix the problem, but if editing the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg file doesn't fix it then just delete that file.

1 hour ago, TheShadow1138 said:

What version of ShadowWorks are you using?  This was an issue that we had in an earlier version because I had written the RealChute config such that it required RealChute instead of using it only if it was installed.  In version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks, the current release version available on SpaceDock I corrected this so that the parachutes appear in the parts list, in the staging, and work whether you have RealChutes or not.  If you have version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks you can try either deleting the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg", or changing the first line to:

@PART[SWOrionChutes]:NEEDS[RealChute]

Either should fix the problem, but if editing the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg file doesn't fix it then just delete that file.

the chutes appear in the parts list but not the staging.
a check of the cfg file shows the indicated line is present.

what should I do to fix this?

also...small problem. she has a tendency to immediately want to nose over once I hit the 9000 mark on altitude.

Edited by RaiderMan

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

liquid fuel evaluation: yep..she just rolled on me at 10,000 meters and self destructed.

SRB evaluation: rather violent roll and self destruct.

Try deleting the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg" file.  If I remember correctly, the flipping was actually a symptom of the parachutes issue because it was trying to force the usage of RealChutes and it was behaving as though the parachutes were always deployed and it was causing the rocket to flip.  Hopefully that will fix it.

Are the SRBs destroying the rocket, or are they just self-destructing after staging?

3 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

let me rephrase. after flipping...the rocket keeps flipping and then destroys itself.

question. will deleting that file also restore the parachutes into the staging list proper?

Deleting the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg should fix issues with the parachutes, they should show up in the staging list and should fix the flipping issue I believe.  Are you using one of the pre-built craft files, if so which one?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.