[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

2 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

The "TechRequired" parameter is set as "utility" in the landing legs config file.  Try opening the config file (AltairLandingLeg.cfg) and changing it to "advLanding" (without the quotes of course).  Not sure if the tech tree progression removed "utility" as a tech level or not.  Also, I've never use the Community Tech Tree mod, so I'm not sure if that is causing issues, but I'm not sure why it would.

Can confirm that it fixed it Thank you!

9 minutes ago, NapalmPK said:

Can confirm that it fixed it Thank you!

Glad to hear it.  I'll post a quick hotfix with the change.

Edit:

Here is a download for the 2.0.1 hotfix that corrects an error in the Altair Landing Legs config that prevented it from showing up in the career tech tree

ShadowWorks 2.0.1 hotfix

Edited by TheShadow1138

Whenever I attempt to fit the Orion LAS on top of the capsule, nothing works like I am unable to place it and there is no node to connect it with.

EDIT: I believe I have got it attached to the capsule via tower which is by first attaching the jettison motor and then placing the shroud on afterwards.

Edited by Avedis
Got it working

14 hours ago, Avedis said:

Whenever I attempt to fit the Orion LAS on top of the capsule, nothing works like I am unable to place it and there is no node to connect it with.

EDIT: I believe I have got it attached to the capsule via tower which is by first attaching the jettison motor and then placing the shroud on afterwards.

Yeah, that's how it is attached.  The jettison motor attaches to the capsule/docking port, and the abort motor/boost protective cover attaches to the jettison motor tower.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164934.056 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ShadowWorks/Parts/ExternalTank/SRBOrbiterDecColor' not found!
190831T164934.372 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ShadowWorks/Parts/SLSCoreStage/SLSCoreColor' not found!
190831T164934.374 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ShadowWorks/Parts/SLSCoreStage/SLSCoreBump_NRM' not found!
190831T164934.560 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ShadowWorks/Parts/SSME/SSMEEmissive' not found!
190831T164934.613 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'ShadowWorks/Parts/SSME/SSMEEmissive' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

Edited by N3N

8 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

None of those should be a problem.  The "SRBOrbDecColor" texture actually lives the "SRBs" folder, and since I used ModulePartVariant to allow changing the orbiter decoupler texture between the orange and white variants, I just have the variant reference the correct location of the texture for the base orange variant.  The model just looks for the texture in the same folder as the decoupler, but it works as expected.  The "SLSCoreColor" and "SLSCoreBump_NRM" files are referenced by the SLSEngineMount part, which I left in for no particular reason, but forgot to leave the textures with it.  As long as you don't use the stand alone SLS Engine Mount, you shouldn't notice anything wrong.  As for the "SSMEEmissive", it is the Shuttle OMS engines that are looking for that texture.  I forgot to leave it in there since the RS-25 uses a new emissive while the OMS engines did not change.  If you use the OMS engines that just means you won't get any engine glow from them.  You can safely build the SLS in all configurations, STS stack, Delta IV Medium, Medium+, Heavy, Ares I, Ares II, and two Jupiter DIRECT configurations and the only thing you may notice is no engine glow on the Shuttle's OMS engines.

8 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

None of those should be a problem.  The "SRBOrbDecColor" texture actually lives the "SRBs" folder, and since I used ModulePartVariant to allow changing the orbiter decoupler texture between the orange and white variants, I just have the variant reference the correct location of the texture for the base orange variant.  The model just looks for the texture in the same folder as the decoupler, but it works as expected.  The "SLSCoreColor" and "SLSCoreBump_NRM" files are referenced by the SLSEngineMount part, which I left in for no particular reason, but forgot to leave the textures with it.  As long as you don't use the stand alone SLS Engine Mount, you shouldn't notice anything wrong.  As for the "SSMEEmissive", it is the Shuttle OMS engines that are looking for that texture.  I forgot to leave it in there since the RS-25 uses a new emissive while the OMS engines did not change.  If you use the OMS engines that just means you won't get any engine glow from them.  You can safely build the SLS in all configurations, STS stack, Delta IV Medium, Medium+, Heavy, Ares I, Ares II, and two Jupiter DIRECT configurations and the only thing you may notice is no engine glow on the Shuttle's OMS engines.

Hello,

OK, thank you for your help and thank you for your great work!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Hey, Sorry for the lack of logs, but all the parts of this mod are missing textures. I seriously don’t know why.

1 hour ago, NightBlade45 said:

Noticed the same thing. Really interesting considering my other part packs still have theirs. odd.

I'm not sure why that would be.  The only thing that comes to mind as a possible cause is if you merged folders, when updating the mod instead of doing a clean install.  The reason I mention this is that nearly every part changed and got new textures with new names, and some of the models' names also changed.  There are a couple of parts that are left-overs that really don't have a place anymore that don't have textures, but I think there's really only one of those.  Errors do get thrown up about the orbiter decoupler part, but the config references the correct texture so it should show up in-game with no issue.

Without logs I really can't do much in the way of help.  If you installed via CKAN, that could be the issue as I don't do anything with CKAN, and am not responsible for which version they are placing in their downloads.  If you used CKAN, try installing from the SpaceDock download link in the OP.  Delete the ShadowWorks folder in you GameData folder and replace it with the one from the download to do a clean install.

Concerning the missing texture problem (which i experience also)

[WRN 18:58:51.834] Texture load error in 'D:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShadowWorks\Parts\Orion\OrionSMSpecular.dds'
[LOG 18:58:51.835] Load(Texture): ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/SLSLASPanelsBump_NRM
[ERR 18:58:51.839] DDS: DXT3(1024x1024, MipMap=False) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

It seems that the problem is with the format of the DDS in 1.8.0. I will revert to 1.7.3 and check if the problem disapears.

Cheers!

EDIT: reverting to 1.7.3 fixed the problem

Edited by Tibozeboss

10 hours ago, Tibozeboss said:

Concerning the missing texture problem (which i experience also)

[WRN 18:58:51.834] Texture load error in 'D:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShadowWorks\Parts\Orion\OrionSMSpecular.dds'
[LOG 18:58:51.835] Load(Texture): ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/SLSLASPanelsBump_NRM
[ERR 18:58:51.839] DDS: DXT3(1024x1024, MipMap=False) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

It seems that the problem is with the format of the DDS in 1.8.0. I will revert to 1.7.3 and check if the problem disapears.

Cheers!

EDIT: reverting to 1.7.3 fixed the problem

I guess the Unity upgrade in 1.8.0 made the change, not something I was expecting.  I guess I'll need to re-export the textures with the DXT5 encoding.  Thanks for showing me that, I didn't think that 1.8 would cause any issues with the mod since it's just a parts pack.  I would like to think that an announcement was made about that change, but I'm not sure where that announcement would be made and didn't see it if it was announced.  If it wasn't announced, then oh well I guess.  I'll post an update with the updated textures when I get the chance.

EDIT:  Found the announcement about the DXT3 in the Add-On Development sub-forum.

ShadowWorks v2.0.2 is now available!

Changes 2.0.2:

* DDS texture encoding changed to DXT5 from DXT3, so textures should show up again!

* Removed duplicate TGA textures that have DDS versions in the SRBs folder.

* Removed the SLS Engine Mount as a separate part, as it really isn't needed any longer.

Edited by TheShadow1138
Add download link for the newest version!

Great update thanks!

One small detail i noted: the exploration upper tank and the associated 5m interstage seem to have a problem with normals. My logs didn't return any errors. i'm running 1.8.0

here is a screen: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/762723517671740701/7B34666D14EEBD0143B609DC68D59266A0B7E941/

Edited by Tibozeboss

2 hours ago, Tibozeboss said:

Great update thanks!

One small detail i noted: the exploration upper tank and the associated 5m interstage seem to have a problem with normals. My logs didn't return any errors. i'm running 1.8.0

here is a screen: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/762723517671740701/7B34666D14EEBD0143B609DC68D59266A0B7E941/

Is the EUS the only part this is happening with?  What about the ICPS, or the DCSS (4m or 5m)?  I'm wondering if this is a shader issue as I did nothing to the model, I just updated the texture encoding, and the EUS has no normal map.  I haven't yet downloaded 1.8, nor the newest version of Unity, nor the newest part tools, but that may be what is required to fix this.

23 minutes ago, TheShadow1138 said:

Is the EUS the only part this is happening with?  What about the ICPS, or the DCSS (4m or 5m)?  I'm wondering if this is a shader issue as I did nothing to the model, I just updated the texture encoding, and the EUS has no normal map.  I haven't yet downloaded 1.8, nor the newest version of Unity, nor the newest part tools, but that may be what is required to fix this.

i'll check and get back to you.

Okay, the ICPS and DCSS have the same problem

On closer inspection, the log gives me :

[LOG 22:22:20.961] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/AresIAdapter/SWAresIAdapter'
[LOG 22:22:21.014] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/AresIFairingBase/SWAresIFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.020] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.024] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.028] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/DCSS4mFairingBase/SWDCSS4mFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.034] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.038] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.041] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/DCSS5mFairingBase/SWDCSS5mFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.047] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.051] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.354] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AresVJupiter/AresVJupiterDecoupler/SWAresVJupiterDec'
[WRN 22:22:21.357] PartLoader Warning: Variable fuelCrossfeed not found in Part
[ERR 22:22:21.359] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.360] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.711] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/LASJettisonMotor/SWOrionLASJettMotor'
[ERR 22:22:21.721] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.729] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.765] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/OrionCMCap/SWOrionCMCap'
[ERR 22:22:21.768] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.770] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.916] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/OrionSMFairing/SWOrionSMFairing'
[ERR 22:22:21.921] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.930] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

20 minutes ago, Tibozeboss said:

Okay, the ICPS and DCSS have the same problem

On closer inspection, the log gives me :

[LOG 22:22:20.961] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/AresIAdapter/SWAresIAdapter'
[LOG 22:22:21.014] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/AresIFairingBase/SWAresIFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.020] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.024] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.028] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/DCSS4mFairingBase/SWDCSS4mFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.034] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.038] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.041] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AdaptersAndFairings/DCSS5mFairingBase/SWDCSS5mFairingBase'
[ERR 22:22:21.047] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.051] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.354] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/AresVJupiter/AresVJupiterDecoupler/SWAresVJupiterDec'
[WRN 22:22:21.357] PartLoader Warning: Variable fuelCrossfeed not found in Part
[ERR 22:22:21.359] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.360] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.711] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/LASJettisonMotor/SWOrionLASJettMotor'
[ERR 22:22:21.721] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.729] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.765] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/OrionCMCap/SWOrionCMCap'
[ERR 22:22:21.768] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.770] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 22:22:21.916] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ShadowWorks/Parts/Orion/OrionSMFairing/SWOrionSMFairing'
[ERR 22:22:21.921] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:22:21.930] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

Thank you so much for letting me know about all of this.  Since ICPS and DCSS also show the same issue I believe it is a shader issue because those parts use the same shader as the EUS, as does the Orion and Altair.  All the errors it throws about the fx group name is probably due to the deprecation of the legacy particles.  So those shouldn't affect gameplay, there just won't be a puff of particles when decouplers are triggered.

I've just finished downloading and installing the 2019.2.2f1 version of Unity and am trying to update my unity project with the latest PartTools without having to create a new project.  On the off chance that it's not entirely a shader issue, would you mind trying something?  In the config file for the EUS change:

VARIANT
	{
		name = flightOrange
		displayName = Orange Tank

primaryColor = #984918
		secondaryColor = #ffffff

TEXTURE
		{
			_MainTex = ShadowWorks/Parts/EUS/EUSColor
		}
	}

to

VARIANT
	{
		name = flightOrange
		displayName = Orange Tank

primaryColor = #984918
		secondaryColor = #ffffff

TEXTURE
		{
			_MainTex = ShadowWorks/Parts/EUS/EUSColor
			_SpecMap = ShadowWorks/Parts/EUS/EUSSpec
		}
	}

This is just on the off-chance that the update changes how it looks for the textures if ModulePartVariant is present.  I don't think this would be the case, but it's something to consider anyway.  Thank you again.

4 minutes ago, Tibozeboss said:

After modifying the file i still have the same problem...

Okay.  I didn't think that would really make a difference, it was just a thought.  I've almost got the new Unity project set up, so keep an eye out for an update.

3 hours ago, Tibozeboss said:

Nice!  I've downloaded 1.8 to test, and I'm not making any headway.  Firstly, I play windowed instead of full screen and I have to scale the resolution up to over 2048 and then scale the UI to 150% so it's usable.  I've exported the EUS with the latest PartTools, and it looks about like it did in your earlier screenshot.  It's like the game is placing both textures on the part at once with the one on top having some transparency so that you can see the one underneath.  So, when you use the default orange, the white and black alternate texture is visible underneath making some of the orange lighter and some of it darker.  Then if you switch to the white and black alternate, there is still some odd shadowing going on.  I've checked the model's normals in Maya and everything is good, and it looks fine in Unity.  I even tried using a different shader with the same results, and even tried removing the PartVariant module, but the same results.  There's some weird things going on I think.  Not sure when this will be fixed, or even how to fix it at this point.

EDIT:  I figured out the problem, and I think it's kind of dumb.  Apparently, before 1.8, if you used a "Bumped..." shader, and did not supply a normal map, it simply ignored that aspect of the shader.  Now, however, if you use a "Bumped..." shader and do no supply a normal map, it makes the part look like garbage.  Using a plain white texture converted to a normal map and added to the shader fixes the problem in KSP.  Though, without the normal map the part looks like you would expect in Unity, then looks like garbage in KSP.  Not sure why this is a thing now, nor what's up with the window sizing of KSP, but it should be fairly easy to fix the parts that are having issues with this.

Edited by TheShadow1138

Version 2.0.3 Hotfix

This update fixes the new issue introduced by 1.8 with parts that use "Bumped..." shaders, but do not have a normal map behaving as though they have a messed up normal map.  Prior to 1.8 KSP appeared to simply ignore the lack of a normal map, but alas no longer, so I have added a flat normal map to those parts so that they now look as they should.  Many thanks to @Tibozeboss for bringing these parts to my attention and helping me narrow down what the problem was.  The change log is below, and the OP has been updated.

Changes 2.0.3
--------------
Hotfix
	* Re-exported the following parts to add a basic flat normal as KSP apparently no longer gracefully ignores no normal map for "Bumped..." shaders.
		* EUS
		* EUSDecoupler
		* ICPS
		* DCSS5m
		* DCSS5mDecoupler
		* DCSS4m
		* DCSS4mDecoupler
		* AresI
		* AresIIU
		* AresIDecoupler
		* Pyrios
		* PyriosNoseCone
	Everything should be back to looking normal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.