[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

18 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

on the craft files it says they are incompatible with 1.3

Is KSP giving you this message, or another mod, or CKAN?  They load fine in my 1.3 install, no warnings about compatibility, not sure why you'd be getting a compatibility warning.

4 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

new problem. vehicle rolls along her length on srb sep

Are you flying manually, or using MechJeb.  Flying manually I have never had the vehicle begin rolling on SRB sep.  If you're flying manually, I'm not sure what could be causing the roll.  I flew the ShadowWorks - SLS Block II-Crew SRB.craft to orbit with no issues.  Incidentally, the Block I craft should be called "ShadowWorks - SLS Block I.craft", I meant to tell you that earlier but forgot; all of my craft files begin with "ShadowWorks".

6 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

thanks, and no, not using mechjeb. using the program's inbuilt SAS.

Do you have any pilot Kerbals on board, I assume you do, just trying to think of what could be causing the roll.

5 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

No. When I open load craft, all the shadowworks craft say incompatible with this version of KSP.

I'm really not sure what could be going on here.  Are you using the most recent version of ShadowWorks (v1.3.2) from SpaceDock?  If not, download version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks from SpaceDock, delete your current ShadowWorks install, including the craft files, and install the newly downloaded mod and craft files.  If you installed through CKAN try doing the install manually through SpaceDock just to make sure.

two pilots, two engineers, two scientists. the roll happens when I initiate SRB sep on srb flameout. at which point SAS becomes as useful as a duck with a lamed wing for just long enough to cause me real issues if I've already begun my pitch over. aka may as well trigger my LAS.

as a result, I have to wait til I'm at 10,000 before pitchover, as thats about when my srbs flameout.

47 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

two pilots, two engineers, two scientists. the roll happens when I initiate SRB sep on srb flameout. at which point SAS becomes as useful as a duck with a lamed wing for just long enough to cause me real issues if I've already begun my pitch over. aka may as well trigger my LAS.

as a result, I have to wait til I'm at 10,000 before pitchover, as thats about when my srbs flameout.

What other mods are you using?  Are you using FAR or anything that alters the aerodynamics?  I can't think of any other cause.

32 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

negative to FAR.

I'm using the entire near future line of mods, joint reenforcement, kerbal reusability expansion, and two telescope mods. links below.
aside from these, I've got a couple russian/american launchers but none of them have aerodynamic alterations.

From that list the only thing that I could even remotely begin to speculate could have an effect might be Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, but I don't know.  This is my reasoning, and since I don't know how KJR does its job I could be wildly off-base.  I don't know if it's possible that KJR's added joints are applying forces that cancel each other out while the boosters are attached but are significant enough that when they are destroyed they cause a net torque on the vehicle.  You could try loading the craft file into the VAB, remove the SRBs from the editor, then get a "fresh" set from the parts list to see if that helps because the craft file has struts connecting the tops and bottoms of the SRBs to the first stage tank.  I don't know if those struts could be causing things to go wonky.  Couldn't hurt to try, or you could try installing ShadowWorks in an unmodded install of KSP to see if the problem occurs.

13 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

What version of ShadowWorks are you using?  This was an issue that we had in an earlier version because I had written the RealChute config such that it required RealChute instead of using it only if it was installed.  In version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks, the current release version available on SpaceDock I corrected this so that the parachutes appear in the parts list, in the staging, and work whether you have RealChutes or not.  If you have version 1.3.2 of ShadowWorks you can try either deleting the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg", or changing the first line to:

@PART[SWOrionChutes]:NEEDS[RealChute]

Either should fix the problem, but if editing the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg file doesn't fix it then just delete that file.

1.3.2 I use Real Chute but still not in stage 

MechJeb seems to be causing issues with this mod... Or it could be just me, not sure.

Running from a fresh download/install.

Mods installed:

1.  ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS and More v1.3.2

2.  MechJeb2-2.6.1.0

3. MechJeb2 Embedded By Dennis6492

3.  a. ModuleManager 2.8.0 dll

b. ModuleManager 2.8.1 dll

c. ModuleManager.CofigCashe

d. ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

e. ModuleManager.Physics

f. ModuleManager.TechTree

Here's my issues... Without MechJeb2 installed all of the rockets work fine. Now when I install MechJeb2 I can not get a launch vehicle to an altitude higher than 18m before it starts to tip over beyond the point of recovery. 

When using MJ2 and even having the gravity turn start at 11km... 9 out of ten times to launcher vehicle suddenly around 7k to 9k slightly tips away from prograde , studders there then proceeded to flip in the opposite direction.

The same thing happens even when not using MJ2 and or MJ2 Embedded but still installed.

Uninstall MJ2 and MJ2 Embedded and the mod works great...

Now again I'm not sure if its MJ2 or myself causing this... And I'm not a CPU wiz by any means, I know just enough to make a mess of my KSP install so I hope the information I 'm able to provide can lead to some help.

Thanks in advance for any time spend and help figuring this out.

On 9/18/2017 at 2:13 AM, Mukita12 said:

1.3.2 I use Real Chute but still not in stage 

I might have messed up the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg more than I thought, or a RealChutes update might have caused an incompatibility.  Try deleting the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg and see if that returns it to the staging list.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:12 AM, RaiderMan said:

and the heatshield offers no resistence whatsoever.....plowed into the ground full speed.

There is a fix for the heatshield drag problem in the opening post.  I don't know what happened, but in 1.3 the drag cube that is automatically generated has next to no drag while in 1.2.2 it worked perfectly.  The drag cube in almost identical in 1.3, but the drag coefficients are much smaller in 1.3, so you'll have to copy and paste the old drag cube from the OP into the heatshield cfg. 

On 9/18/2017 at 5:24 PM, SouthPhilly said:

MechJeb seems to be causing issues with this mod... Or it could be just me, not sure.

Running from a fresh download/install.

Mods installed:

1.  ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS and More v1.3.2

2.  MechJeb2-2.6.1.0

3. MechJeb2 Embedded By Dennis6492

3.  a. ModuleManager 2.8.0 dll

b. ModuleManager 2.8.1 dll

c. ModuleManager.CofigCashe

d. ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

e. ModuleManager.Physics

f. ModuleManager.TechTree

Here's my issues... Without MechJeb2 installed all of the rockets work fine. Now when I install MechJeb2 I can not get a launch vehicle to an altitude higher than 18m before it starts to tip over beyond the point of recovery. 

When using MJ2 and even having the gravity turn start at 11km... 9 out of ten times to launcher vehicle suddenly around 7k to 9k slightly tips away from prograde , studders there then proceeded to flip in the opposite direction.

The same thing happens even when not using MJ2 and or MJ2 Embedded but still installed.

Uninstall MJ2 and MJ2 Embedded and the mod works great...

Now again I'm not sure if its MJ2 or myself causing this... And I'm not a CPU wiz by any means, I know just enough to make a mess of my KSP install so I hope the information I 'm able to provide can lead to some help.

Thanks in advance for any time spend and help figuring this out.

I'd say it's actually the MechJeb2 Embedded Universal that's causing the problem because it is really just a ModuleManager config that adds the MechJeb module to any part with the Command module, so it's actually applying the MechJeb module to the Orion pods.  I'm not sure if you can exempt a mod from a ModuleManager config, but if possible, it might solve the issue, but I'm not sure.

14 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

I might have messed up the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg more than I thought, or a RealChutes update might have caused an incompatibility.  Try deleting the _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg and see if that returns it to the staging list.

Nope It already works well It just me Mess up with Installing the Real Chute

On 9/19/2017 at 11:18 PM, RaiderMan said:

in otherwords, the update winchestered the realchutes and heatshield more than expected.

good to know.

also...after yanking everything BUT this specific mod, I'm still seeing a roll induced when initiating srb sep.

Only other thing I could suggest would be to build the whole craft from scratch to see if it still happens, otherwise I really don't have a clue what could be going on.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:24 AM, Mukita12 said:

Nope It already works well It just me Mess up with Installing the Real Chute

Glad to hear it's working now.

9 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

You seem to know a lot about nodding ksp. I am trying to install BDAc and it doesn't completely download can you explain what is causing this. (By the way I love this mod once I can properly install mods I will be down loading this one)

If you're using CKAN to download and are having trouble with other mod downloads through CKAN, you should probably contact the authors of CKAN on their thread.  You could try downloading the mod manually, if that's not what you're doing now.  Not being able to download a mod could be due to any number of things, download speed causing the download to time-out, a but in CKAN (if that's what you're using), a corrupted upload, server-side problems, and so on.  There's not a whole lot I can tell you to do other than what I've already said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2017 at 9:35 AM, Jhorriga said:

Parachutes don't work

What @Mukita12 said is correct.  I apparently messed up the RealChute config so its requiring that it be installed instead of only using it if it was installed. Just delete the "_ShadowWorks_RealChute.cfg" file and all should be well.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:32 AM, Mukita12 said:

So Umm shadow is there any Config For RPM?

There currently is not an RPM config, but one may come in the future.

21 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

Oh in the next update or soon?

Maybe on the next update, whenever I finally get around to finishing it.  I need to refresh my understanding of RPM so I don't want to make too many pronouncements or promises on it, but it is something I have strongly considered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.