[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

Ey, Shadow, i Installed this and i Uninstalled it cause i didn't know what was going on, then i noticed you had Premade ships. I tried to Install is Via CKAN and it gave me this Error: 

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install ShadowWorksStockalikeSLSandMore 2.0.3 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/VAB/ShadowWorks - Amun-Ra Block I.craft

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!
As you know Amun Ra is your SLS, and i dont wanna Mess up my Files. Am i just being a stupid idiot, or is this a Real problem? Anyway, thanks for the Great mod.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, kerbalk said:

Ey, Shadow, i Installed this and i Uninstalled it cause i didn't know what was going on, then i noticed you had Premade ships. I tried to Install is Via CKAN and it gave me this Error: 

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install ShadowWorksStockalikeSLSandMore 2.0.3 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/VAB/ShadowWorks - Amun-Ra Block I.craft

and try again.
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!
As you know Amun Ra is your SLS, and i dont wanna Mess up my Files. Am i just being a stupid idiot, or is this a Real problem? Anyway, thanks for the Great mod.

I'm not sure why CKAN is complaining.  I don't use CKAN, and have no control over what it does with my mod when it's trying to install, and have no idea how it handles installing the ShadowWorks folder in GameData and dealing with the CraftFiles folder.  There aren't any plugins in the mod, so there shouldn't be anything that would identify the craft file as ShadowWorks (except for the file name).  It may be better to download the mod directly from Spacedock, and just overwrite (not merge) the ShadowWorks folder in you GameData with the one from ShadowWorks 2.0.3.  The craft files did not change from version 2.0 to 2.0.3, so you wouldn't need to worry about reinstalling craft files or anything like that.  I would say that if CKAN complains about something, try installing manually, just in general.  I hope that gets you up and flying.

1 hour ago, kerbalk said:

Any dependencies?

The game is loading now.

Holy frick it worked, thanks so much!

Great!  Glad it's working.  I tried to make installing manually as easy as possible.  Also, no dependencies, but there are ModuleManager patches for RealPlume and MOARDv Avionics System glass cockpit (the RPM replacement).  So, if you have either of those mods installed you'll have glass cockpits for the Osiris (Orion) capsule and Horus (Altair) lander, and/or nicer looking plumes.  Happy launchings!

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Idontevenkno said:

why are the texture not as good as they look like in the photos. For the white orion capsule it is plain white or is it this normal?

The white Orion variant does not have a normal map if that's what you're asking.  The textures were almost entirely remade for the ShadowWorks 2.0 update.  Without seeing a screenshot of what you are seeing, there's not much else I could suggest except to select a better texture quality in KSP's Settings.  Of course, for all I now you're using the highest settings for graphics.  If you can, post some screenshots of what you're seeing so we might be able to figure out what's going on for you.

1 hour ago, TheShadow1138 said:

The white Orion variant does not have a normal map if that's what you're asking.  The textures were almost entirely remade for the ShadowWorks 2.0 update.  Without seeing a screenshot of what you are seeing, there's not much else I could suggest except to select a better texture quality in KSP's Settings.  Of course, for all I now you're using the highest settings for graphics.  If you can, post some screenshots of what you're seeing so we might be able to figure out what's going on for you.

Im trying to figure out how to upload a screenshot but are there any mods that interfere with this one?

4 minutes ago, Idontevenkno said:

Im trying to figure out how to upload a screenshot but are there any mods that interfere with this one?

I don't know of any mods that interfere with mine.  To post a screenshot you need to upload it first to an image hosting site like imgur.com, then copy and paste the URL of the image and in the forum here click the "Insert Image from URL", paste the URL into the window that pops up and it should put the image in your post.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, MuriloMoreira said:

I can use on RSS?

There are no RSS configs included in the download.  The mod is balanced for Stock KSP.  I do not use RSS myself, and don't really have the time for the foreseeable future to download it to try and make configs.  I don't know if anyone else has made any either.  If you, or anyone else wants to make configs for RSS, I'll gladly post a link in the opening post.  Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, fretman21 said:

Hello, I downloaded the mod and when I went into the VAB only half of the parts were downloaded. Can you help?

Are you playing a career game, or sandbox?  I think I made sure the tech nodes referenced in the part CFGs were correct, but I'm not sure.  So if you're playing a career mode game either you haven't unlocked those nodes in the tech tree, or I don't have the tech nodes referenced correctly in the CFGs.  If you're playing in sandbox I'm not sure why you're not seeing all of the parts.  You could try deleting ShadowWorks, and reinstalling fresh.

If you got the mod through CKAN, I have no control over what it downloads, and I would suggest downloading from Spacedock, if you didn't download from there in the first place.  You can check your KSP.log file by opening it in NotePad, TextEdit, or your preferred text editor and look for any warnings or errors connected with ShadowWorks parts that you know are not showing up.  If you can find nothing in your KSP.log, you could post the file to DropBox, or something similar, so that I can take a look at it.  There's not much else I can tell you with the information you've given me at this point.  First check to make sure you installed the mod correctly, try re-downloading from Spacedock, deleting your current install and re-installing from the fresh download, and check your KSP.log file.  I hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! Is this mod ever going to be balanced to be able to used with RO/RSS mods on? You know you 've made some awesome job with the SLS and all that stuff and its really a shame to have that kind of realistic parts and not using them in a realistic enviroment with the prementioned mods. I really hope you consider changing this. :) 

13 hours ago, Ioannes_Dallasinos said:

Hey there! Is this mod ever going to be balanced to be able to used with RO/RSS mods on? You know you 've made some awesome job with the SLS and all that stuff and its really a shame to have that kind of realistic parts and not using them in a realistic enviroment with the prementioned mods. I really hope you consider changing this. :) 

I will give it some thought, but I make no promises.  I don't use RO or RSS myself, so I would have to download them just to do this.  I'm quite busy with school at the moment, so I don't have time to work on the mod.  Again, I make no promises that this will happen.  Unless I'm mistaken, only you and one other person have asked for RO and/or RSS compatibility, but I will at the very least look into it.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:02 AM, Ioannes_Dallasinos said:

Hey there! Is this mod ever going to be balanced to be able to used with RO/RSS mods on? 

11 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

I will give it some thought, but I make no promises.  I don't use RO or RSS myself, so I would have to download them just to do this.  I'm quite busy with school at the moment, so I don't have time to work on the mod.  Again, I make no promises that this will happen.  Unless I'm mistaken, only you and one other person have asked for RO and/or RSS compatibility, but I will at the very least look into it.

@loannes_Dallasinos You might have better luck posting your request on the RO and/or RSS threads. To balance this mod for specific mods, other than what the dev is willing to/can do, could pretty much be done by MM patching. Perhaps an RO/RSS user(s) might be willing to put together a patch, that then could be submitted to be included with either the RO, RSS, or ShadowWorks mod devs, to be included in one of the three mods.

On 7/11/2015 at 12:15 AM, Doughy said:

for the STS, why is 75% of the cost in the boosters and tank? kinda makes it useless as a reusable craft...

edit: i do like this mod tho. just dont understand that one thing.

It was Refurbish-able IRL so it isn't reusable 

• 2 months later...

Hi. I just installed this mod and I can't wait to get the chance to fly this rocket. However, while trying to construct the complete rocket, I found that the solid rocket boosters would not stay attached to the rocket when I tried to launch it. I tried using the decouplers that should attach the SRBs to the rocket, but they'd break immediately. I don't know what attachment or placement I'd need to successfully attach it, as I've tried to recreate the rocket verbatim. I genuinely don't know how to fix this. Anyone able to give me advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

51 minutes ago, Beach Boy said:

Hi. I just installed this mod and I can't wait to get the chance to fly this rocket. However, while trying to construct the complete rocket, I found that the solid rocket boosters would not stay attached to the rocket when I tried to launch it. I tried using the decouplers that should attach the SRBs to the rocket, but they'd break immediately. I don't know what attachment or placement I'd need to successfully attach it, as I've tried to recreate the rocket verbatim. I genuinely don't know how to fix this. Anyone able to give me advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

You will need to add struts.  I had hoped that the decouplers would keep you from needing struts, but they are still necessary.  There are craft files included in the download if you want to use them instead of building from scratch.  There are also sub-assemblies of the launch vehicles included so that you can build your own spacecraft to launch.  Just adding struts to the top and bottom, where the decoupler model hides the struts should fix the problem if you want to build from scratch.  Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Can this be used with JNSQ? Such a shame that reDIRECT doesn't have the EUS.

I've never used JNSQ myself so I tuned the rockets to the stock scale, or at least I tried to, so they would behave as close as one might expect.  You are, of course, welcome to try.  If you do decide to try, let me know the results (good or bad).  I've only really glanced at JNSQ a couple of times because I'm not sure how my laptop would like it.  I may give it more of a once over and see how much work it would be to make the parts usable with JNSQ.  If I were to do it, I could always include a compatibility patch.

1 minute ago, TheShadow1138 said:

I've never used JNSQ myself so I tuned the rockets to the stock scale, or at least I tried to, so they would behave as close as one might expect.  You are, of course, welcome to try.  If you do decide to try, let me know the results (good or bad).  I've only really glanced at JNSQ a couple of times because I'm not sure how my laptop would like it.  I may give it more of a once over and see how much work it would be to make the parts usable with JNSQ.  If I were to do it, I could always include a compatibility patch.

I'll be testing it later today, so I'll let you know how it goes. Also, JNSQ isn't that hard on even a bad laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.