[WIP] Nuclear Warfare [No Longer Supported]

HiAmerica

If you want a nuke mod, there is a really good one out there, so this mod is no longer supported :(

Hello fellow KSP players.

Today is a great day for Kerbal Kind, for we have finally discovered the secrets of the atomic bomb!

Hi, this is my first mod. What it seeks to do is add in nuclear weapons (just generic ones for now). The backstory behind this mod is quite simple. BahamutoD refused to make nukes in his BD Armory mod, so I took matters into my own hands and made them myself.

Parts in this mod

A nuclear warhead that just gets plopped on a missile.

An inline nuclear warhead that looks like an Oscar-B. You can put multiple of these together with some regular warheads to make a custom bomb.

A nuclear tipped cruise missile that is launched from the surface.

A nuclear tipped cruise missile that is launched from a plane.

There are also free-fall bombs with and without airbrakes, and a guided bomb!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download here from Kerbalstuff: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/990/MrScienceMeister%27s%20Nuclear%20Warfare

Textures for this mod were kindly made by JaffaFediration

Planned features

Whatever you guys suggest!

Coming Soon!

New models and textures!

MIRV Warheads!

This mod has more downloads than there are people living in:

Russia, Ohio, USA,

The entire country of Vatican City

Hanilton, Bernuda

Lots of other places

This mod is a BD armory dependancy. Find it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-BahamutoD-s-Armory-v0-4-0-Dev-Thread

Also, check out my website at mrsciencemeister.weebly.com and YouTube channel(Mr ScienceMeister)

*Note*

KerbAtomics not responsible for mass carnage. Use at own risk.

Edited by HiAmerica
Stuff. And things.

What about a nuclear cluster weapon? like a MRIV where you can target 4 or 5 targets and each warhead goes to the target?

You *could* do that with BD.....although I've tried with missiles and suffered poor results. Mechjeb would be better.

On that note, someone needs to make ICBM software for BD.

Hey, I've screwed around with 3D modelling enough that if you want, I think I could make you some models to use for this mod so you don't have to use stock or BD models. I can't texture yet because I don't have a good photo editing software, but the models can be done pretty easily. What do you say? :)

Hey, I've screwed around with 3D modelling enough that if you want, I think I could make you some models to use for this mod so you don't have to use stock or BD models. I can't texture yet because I don't have a good photo editing software, but the models can be done pretty easily. What do you say? :)
I can supply textures, I have photoshop.

Yeah guys that would be great. Both of you send me a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a nuclear cluster weapon? like a MRIV where you can target 4 or 5 targets and each warhead goes to the target?

OK i'll see what I can do. I'm thinking about doing the small warhead with a monoprop engine, a command function, and a reaction wheel.

Dev Update

1. Next release will have new models and textures for some of the parts

2. I'm working on a part that will be a MIRV warhead. That will be in v0.5, I'm having a few problems with the engines.

I've wanted a mod like this for a long time. Just a few questions/suggestions:

- If I drop a nuke onto the middle of the space center, will it destroy every building there? Similarly, if I fire this at a surface base, how far will the explosive damage go?

- Do nukes leave a permanent crater in the landscape?

- Do nukes leave a short-lived mushroom cloud?

- Do nukes get rid of all nearby ground scatter?

If answer to any of these are 'no', add pls.

I've wanted a mod like this for a long time. Just a few questions/suggestions:

- If I drop a nuke onto the middle of the space center, will it destroy every building there? Similarly, if I fire this at a surface base, how far will the explosive damage go?

- Do nukes leave a permanent crater in the landscape?

- Do nukes leave a short-lived mushroom cloud?

- Do nukes get rid of all nearby ground scatter?

If answer to any of these are 'no', add pls.

-Just looked. It could level the space on the opposite side of the planet (it has a radius of 450km, Kerbin has an equatorial radius of 600km).

-Being only BDA dependent, no. BDA is not capable of that.

-The author already said it did not.

-I don't believe there are any mods that can toy with ground scatter, and even then its randomly generated and would pop back up on reload.

-Just looked. It could level the space on the opposite side of the planet (it has a radius of 450km, Kerbin has an equatorial radius of 600km).

-Being only BDA dependent, no. BDA is not capable of that.

-The author already said it did not.

-I don't believe there are any mods that can toy with ground scatter, and even then its randomly generated and would pop back up on reload.

- Good. Do all the nukes have the same strength?

- Oh. I'm guessing this can't de implemented anytime soon.

- Oh x2. Can it be made? Is it possible?

- Oh x3. I'm guessing that means this is also not possible to make.

I don't know.

I think voluntarily killing Kerbals (or anyone/anything else) is kind of... strange.

I thought, this game was a game of peacefully exploring the Kerbol system, getting science, exploring and exploiting planets ans moons, but not killing and destroying everything you find.

But well, if you like... it's just the american way of life, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
- Good. Do all the nukes have the same strength?

- Oh. I'm guessing this can't de implemented anytime soon.

- Oh x2. Can it be made? Is it possible?

- Oh x3. I'm guessing that means this is also not possible to make.

Well BDarmory does add in custom explosion animations for some of its bombs, so I guess that a mushroom cloud could be possible.

If i'm reading this right, I could fire this at the second landing strip and it would destroy the ksc? Doesn't that seem just a little bit over powered, I don't think that the largest thing we have today is that big.

edit: Grammar and spelling

Edited by lilkoi98

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.