[Suggestion] [Daily Kerbal] Replace the "Twitch Thursday" with a "Spacecraft Thursday".

windows_x_seven

What's your opinion?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• I think that it should be replaced by a "Spacecraft Thursday".
    • I do not think that it should be replaced.
    • I think that it should be replaced, but not by a "Spacecraft Thursday".

Stock only? Are you biased against the use of mods? :P

THere are some great craft that dont get any attention because they don't look as awesome as your y-wing or they use 2 mods. The stock elitism on this forum infuriates me (this is not aimed at you in the slightest).

I use mods like crazy, especially plugins. However, I rarely release with mod parts. I often install a part mod, and use it for a bit, and then stop using it, since I don't really want to build a mission using it's parts, so my craft are mostly stock. You're right, craft with some mods should be used.

Calm down, squad is usually slow with this. No need to threaten armageddon over a forum. :P

Well, they have 22 minutes.

*temporarily puts down nuclear weaponry*EDIT: Scratch that. They just posted a Twitch Thursday. I'm out.

Edited by windows_x_seven

Hi guys!

It was requested I give an official response here. At the moment we're dedicated to support the Twitch streamers that (as Cantab pointed out) put in a lot of time and effort into showcasing the game. There are many interesting streams out there, for example Das Valdez is currently streaming live from the USS Intrepid aircraft carrier, talking to all kinds of people from the museum there to astronauts. The Twitch Thursdays may not be the most popular edition of the Daily Kerbal, but that's okay. There's good quality content out there for the people who are willing to give it a go.

I have thought about introducing a "Spaceflight Saturday" in the past, to talk about current events in space exploration, but currently I don't have the time in the day to write an article every week.

One thing we could do is have a "Spacecraft of the Week" Thread in the Spacecraft exchange forum, and every week a new craft is added to the top of the OP. Maybe we could even get it stickied?

That seems like a good idea on its face, but who decides which craft to include? What does whoever decides tell to people who say "Why didn't you feature my craft? It's better than the one you picked because of x, y, and z." I read the Spacecraft Exchange fairly regularly and there is already too much sniping at others there, I think it would only get worse if people felt it was a competition to get featured.

That seems like a good idea on its face, but who decides which craft to include? What does whoever decides tell to people who say "Why didn't you feature my craft? It's better than the one you picked because of x, y, and z." I read the Spacecraft Exchange fairly regularly and there is already too much sniping at others there, I think it would only get worse if people felt it was a competition to get featured.

Doesn't the same thing already happen in TDK? Video, Twitch, Modding and Fanwork should also have competition.

Doesn't the same thing already happen in TDK? Video, Twitch, Modding and Fanwork should also have competition.

One would think so but it doesn't seem to be. I read far more sniping and hurtful criticism in the Spacecraft Exchange than in the fanwork and modding forums. No idea why that is so but there it is.

One would think so but it doesn't seem to be. I read far more sniping and hurtful criticism in the Spacecraft Exchange than in the fanwork and modding forums. No idea why that is so but there it is.

Well, the current Spacecraft Thingy is monthly, isn't it? It's bound to have more discussions, so making it weekly would give the authors more chances and reduce arguing, at least that's what I think.

Which Spacecraft Thingy? The Threads of the Month? Even that generates some controversy from time to time.

Yeah, isn't there a "sal_vager's craft of the month" or something? I'd say that there's much more disagreements there because it's monthly, so a weekly spacecraft showcase should have less because it gives more chances to the authors.

Could we get a "Spacecraft Saturday"? Less work than writing an article about space events, just a picture and a link to the craft's forum thread.

Nope.

Hi guys!

I have thought about introducing a "Spaceflight Saturday" in the past, to talk about current events in space exploration, but currently I don't have the time in the day to write an article every week.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.