[1.6.1] NodeHelper - tool used to edit node positions

Felbourn

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

That's the point, I never see that NodeHelper-NodeData window on right clicking on the part, only the node list and when i click on the buttons i get the middle window, the window on the right side never shows up, am i missing something?

also, is it possible to eat the event after the right click so that parts with right click menu won't show the menu at the same time?

Found the problem, your window is too small.

Right now the initial window positions are hard-coded, so if you can make your window wider, you should see it.  Looks like if you make your window more than 1450 wide, you will see it.

Will fix it later

2 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

how are you getting the node helper icon to show up. ive never been able to use dds files for toolbar icons and have them work. some super secret decoder ring i need to make it work? 

Look at the Github repo:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NodeHelper

• 1 month later...
On 13/01/2017 at 1:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Recompiled, added code to display messges on screen and write file name to log file.

all changes are pushed to Github

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NodeHelper/releases/tag/1.2.2b

thank's for this update :)

but I have a problem with the compressed  .dll incuded in the zip, i had to take the one from the masterbranch to replace it and make it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Felbourn

I'm having a problem with the latest version I just downloaded from github (your version)

It works fine, and I write the node data, but when I merge the written data with the part, it's totally off when I reload the game.

I found the problem, the part was missing the rescaleFactor line.

See these pics for what I'm talking about, the first is right after I save the node, the 2nd is after I merged in the changes and reloaded the game

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 5 months later...

Mod seems to have been working in 1.3.0.... CHecking it on 1.3.1 presently...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, and I dont remember if its always been this way, or got broken along the way, BUT...

The red node pointer line does not resize/move, with node size changes... so when you get into the upper sizes, its swallowed by the sphere, and is difficult to see.

And sooooo glad to see that this mod still pretty much works! :)

Thanx @Felbourn

Edited by Stone Blue

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2018 at 11:36 PM, Felbourn said:

I don't know if the old DLL would have worked in 1.4.0 or not since I didn't even try. I just went ahead and recompiled it for 1.4.0 anyway and posted it just now. Enjoy.

Welcome back, i was about to rebuild this for 1.4

• 3 months later...

WOW - this mod is a kerbal saver! What used to take, well, ...., ..., .., WAY TOO LONG>>> now takes minutes. *poof* *presto* done.

Thank you!

Couple of suggestions:

1. A way to rename the nodes?  Yes.
  2. a way to add symmetrical nodes? Say I wanted to add three nodes around the perimeter of a hex - or cylinder.
  3. Is there a way to orient a node on an angle?  Yes.

Example: am trying to add nodes to a hex cylinder - but can"t seem to figure out how or if it can be done. I can slant the node, just not to the right angle.

Again-Great mod! 

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Question: the mod allows for the saving of the part node data, so where does it store it?

I once knew where to find where NodeHelper stored this information. Am thinking it is in the log file; am wondering if could be exported to a separate file?

14 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Question: the mod allows for the saving of the part node data, so where does it store it?

I once knew where to find where NodeHelper stored this information. Am thinking it is in the log file; am wondering if could be exported to a separate file?

Well, the code says:

var path = KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath + "/GameData/" + cfgurl + "_NH.cfg";

which tells me that it will be in the same folder as the original config, with _NH_cfg at the end

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.