[1.6.1] NodeHelper - tool used to edit node positions

Felbourn

NodeHelper is a useful tool for PART developers and people like me who use existing models to create new parts. You can add, remove, and edit the nodes of a part to see how things will fit together, then output your new values to cut-and-paste into the real CFG file. Reload KSP and see your new part nodes in action! This is also very useful for fixing old parts that don't have their node connection directions set correctly. One click of a button and your old parts will connect again!

zJrzFQL.png

Download

Source

88x31.png

Edited by Felbourn
new version

• 2 weeks later...

I still cannot get it working since the last thread. Any help?

>Gamedata

>CIT_Util >CIT_Util.version

>CITUtil.dll

>Licence.txt

>CIT>Nodehelper>(contents)

CIT_Util seems to be working in the debug menu with 1.0.0.0 but I don't see nodynode

One of the most useful tools ever, Thanks Felbourn.

@Alrightman:

Looks like you need Bizzys Toolbar, or it is just using it because I have it installed.

@Felbourn:

could you make there a config switch for addig it to the stock toolbar?

• 3 weeks later...
One of the most useful tools ever, Thanks Felbourn.

@Felbourn:

could you make there a config switch for addig it to the stock toolbar?

Thank you, Bob! I second the request above, I would be awesome if this tool didn't have a Blizzy's Toolbar dependency and used the stock toolbar in VAB.

I'll check it out. It can't be too hard to switch. I personally added both Stock toolbar and Blizzy toolbar support in Simple Part Organizer. It must have been simple to do if I figured it out for SPO. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It should appear in the stock toolbar. If not, check the log and see if there was an error message.

I just tried it again with blizzy installed this time and now it shows up in the stock toolbar and blizzy.

Edited by V8jester

• 3 months later...

So I have a new issue. The NH button will replicate itself much like the way Kerbal foundries did for a while. When you revert to the spaceplane hanger (with blizzy's toolbar installed). It will add additional NH buttons every time you revert.

edit

Just found the config.cfg to disable it in the stock toolbar..... Sorry looks like you where already ahead of me on that one too.

Edited by V8jester

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I compiled this for 1.1.1 today and I get a new exception, so I will need to figure this out before I can release a new version.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.GameObject.get_collider'.
    NodeHelper.NodeHelperAddon._createPlanes ()
    NodeHelper.NodeHelperAddon.Start ()

Ohhh it's part of CIT_Util which was a different package from marce. I will need to get my hands on that source code too or else guess what his functions were doing and rewrite his Util library from scratch.

Edited by Felbourn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.