[Discontinued] [1.0.x] Old School Turrets - Additional WWII Turrets for BDArmory. (Yep, with the T-34)

-Sorry, but due to several events i have discontinued development for this mod-

UmZwVf7.png

I may have said that this is Version 1.0 BUT I AM STILL WORKING ON IT. I will continue to hammer out the remaining bugs and add more WWII turrets.

THIS MOD ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES BDARMORY AND WILL NOT RUN WITHOUT IT

BDArmory Link

Downloads

MediaFire Download

KerbalStuff Download Page

Hey TheUnamusedFox! Good luck with your EPLP Base on the walls of the Mohole and epic Frigate thingy!

Installation

(This assumes you already have installed BDArmory.)

1. Extract the .zip provided by the download link.

2. Inside the @RELEASE folder, cut or copy the 'OldSchoolTurrets' folder.

3. Go to your KSP directory and paste the folder inside the GameData folder.

4. That's it, Launch KSP and you should get the parts.

To-Do List

Fixed Aircraft Guns (Hispano Cannon, Fixed .30 Calibre Machine Gun, ShKAS/ShVAK)

British Tanks (Cromwell and Churchill)

American Tanks (Calliope?)

Anti Aircraft Weapons (Bofors 40mm AA, 37cm Flak)

Infantry Mounted Anti-Tank Weapons for use with KAS (British PIAT, Panzerfaust, Panzerschreck)

Infantry Rifles and SMGs for use with KAS (MP40, The Tommy Gun, Sten Gun, Lee Enfield, Ect.)

Part List:

T-34 Turret [uses CannonShell Ammo]

Kliment Voroshilov KV-1 Turret [uses CannonShell Ammo]

PzKpfw V Panther [uses CannonShell Ammo]

PzKpfw VI Tiger [uses CannonShell Ammo]

PzKpfw II Luchs [20mm Ammo]

T-60 [20mm Ammo]

License

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International.

Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

(Have fun!)

This is my first mod i have EVER set out into the wild. So PLEASE be critical and constructive! It's the only way i'll learn!

Special Thanks to Spooglecraft for helping me make these turrets!

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

Nice!

Thanks!

Congrats on the release!

Thanks again for helping me with making the turrets. I still remember that post you posted that got me interested in making turrets. Thanks!

Finally! A Turret mod that feels stockalike, because Never Enuff Dakka was too high on models a too poor on textures, but this is the perfect combination.

Thank you for this mod! :sticktongue:

That means a lot to me. I've always tried to make my artstyle fit in as much as possible among the other parts provided by BDArmory and Squad's parts. It took me a lot of hours and A LOT of iterations to make the textures and i'm glad it came out correctly.

+1, i was wanting to do a vid with stukas attacking T-34's, but i didn't have a turret, now i do. Thanks! :sticktongue:

Thanks for the rep. In some pictures i could see Stukas armed with large gun pods designed to engage ground targets. I might consider adding that in the next update along with the aircraft cannons.

Here is a picture:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-655-5976-04,_Russland,_Sturzkampfbomber_Junkers_Ju_87_G.jpg

My planes pack here. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I also have two modded weapons in the pack (Using BDA models though) set up WW2 aircraft weapons that you may like to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Thanks again for helping me with making the turrets. I still remember that post you posted that got me interested in making turrets. Thanks!

That means a lot to me. I've always tried to make my artstyle fit in as much as possible among the other parts provided by BDArmory and Squad's parts. It took me a lot of hours and A LOT of iterations to make the textures and i'm glad it came out correctly.

Thanks for the rep. In some pictures i could see Stukas armed with large gun pods designed to engage ground targets. I might consider adding that in the next update along with the aircraft cannons.

Here is a picture:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-655-5976-04,_Russland,_Sturzkampfbomber_Junkers_Ju_87_G.jpg

The G model tank buster.

Yepa ! Old school turret for BD-Armory ! Too great ! That genious , really need this :P

Congratz , & Thx a lot :)

EDIT : I was seeking smaller turrets & your turrets got the perfect size , congratz again ;)

Edited by ZLM-Master

Question about the infantry weapons, are you gonna put a weapon manager inside the guns themselves, or use an MM config to put the weapon manager straight into the kerbals?

Edit: What about the making TBF Avenger's top turret?

Edited by BoomShroom

Wow guys, thanks for the positive feedback! I really didn't think this would take of nicely. I definitely will be maintaining this mod for a while.

I must recommend a SU 152 or BTR-90 Turret maybe both.

I may not be making BTR-90s but something more similar and earlier. I've established that i would consider WWI to Cold War weapons as "Old School", and the BTR-90 was designed in Russia in the early 90's. It doesn't feel that coldwarish to me. Though i will DEFINITELY be doing the SU-152. I have been planning to make tank destroyer guns to further diversify things.

I know it isnt WWII, but you need a T-54 or T-90 turret. Something like that - To compete with the imperialists M1 turret, Comrade! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and....DOWNLOADING

The T-54 is a Cold War tank to me, but it seems really intimidating to model correctly without several mistakes. I'll make it once i feel comfortable. No promises though, i might change my mind. I'll write your suggestions down in a text file, as that what Bahamuto seems to do. So it must be a good idea :D.

Question about the infantry weapons, are you gonna put a weapon manager inside the guns themselves, or use an MM config to put the weapon manager straight into the kerbals?

Edit: What about the making TBF Avenger's top turret?

Honestly, i don't know how to make a KAS weapon yet. I'll learn when i get around to adding them. Though you mentioned using an MM config right into a Kerbal, does this mean that Kerbals are actually a part but with a special module?

I may do an aircraft turret, once i master how to make stockalike glass textures i will consider doing it. For now it's going in the text file.

My planes pack here. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I also have two modded weapons in the pack (Using BDA models though) set up WW2 aircraft weapons that you may like to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

The G model tank buster.

I was actually working on aircraft cannons before i released this mod. But i decided that i won't release it, as i thought it was of questionable quality. I'm working on it as we speak and it should be ready by the next update.

Have a nice day everybody!

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

Honestly, i don't know how to make a KAS weapon yet. I'll learn when i get around to adding them. Though you mentioned using an MM config right into a Kerbal, does this mean that Kerbals are actually a part but with a special module?

A good while back I was screwing around in the mod files hoping to magically understand everything, and I swear to RNGesus that one of the mods (KAS?) was putting something into the kerbals with an MM config. I could very well be wrong about it being an MM config though, after some digging its seeming more likely it was a cs file and my brain has betrayed me once more. If its any consolation, Vanguard Parachutes can gift kerbals parachutes, so I'm sure someone somewhere could tell you how to fiddle with the kerbals.

Check out Pro Props: It has rifles (that do not function) that you could base your off of.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99013-Pro-Props-Wearable-items-for-your-kerbals-Updated-to-KIS%21?highlight=locob

This is fantastic! :D

Three suggestions; 1. Include some realistic firing sound effects, 2. Maybe with 'Hullcam VDS' as a reference you can find a way to create a hull or turret viewing reticle or maybe have the kerbals head sticking out of the viewer port somehow?, 3. include in the description of each turret the compatible ammo for BD's ammo boxes and/or create some custom ammo boxes/ammo compartments of your own.

Fantastic so far! No bugs, clipping, glitching of any kind on 32-bit KSP and unoffical 64-bit KSP.

I'll keep testing of course :wink:

this mod is great! will you be making the chassis as well? that would be amazing and very helpful, i also think the kerbal weaponry would be great and would help the mod get supported since no one else has really done it

And/or could you make armor plates, just retextured steel plates with edited configs? (higher temp)

Check out Pro Props: It has rifles (that do not function) that you could base your off of.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99013-Pro-Props-Wearable-items-for-your-kerbals-Updated-to-KIS%21?highlight=locob

Thanks! I'll base the new parts off that. However i won't be making these weapons until the next major BDArmory update. As all the work i do now would be obsolete by the next patch. Hopefully KAS turrets will still work in the next BDArmory update.

This is fantastic! :D

Three suggestions; 1. Include some realistic firing sound effects, 2. Maybe with 'Hullcam VDS' as a reference you can find a way to create a hull or turret viewing reticle or maybe have the kerbals head sticking out of the viewer port somehow?, 3. include in the description of each turret the compatible ammo for BD's ammo boxes and/or create some custom ammo boxes/ammo compartments of your own.

Fantastic so far! No bugs, clipping, glitching of any kind on 32-bit KSP and unoffical 64-bit KSP.

I'll keep testing of course :wink:

Sadly, i REALLY cannot find any good realistic WWII sound effects. The effects i could find on the internet are either blank shots with no energy or nothing at all. I could rip some sounds from another game i have but that would be quite rude, so i won't do that. Sorry.

I remember a post where a person attached a Hullcam VDS to a turret using a plugin, it's REALLY hard to find among the 400 posts in the BDArmory thread. Once i find it, i'll consider adding it in. (I just tried to find it now and i realized that that post is REALLY REALLY hard to find. I hope it wasn't deleted or anything so that i could contact the author on how he made it.)

I already included the compatible ammunitions in the description. For example from the T-34 description "It contains a 76mm gun that uses the standard CannonShells that performs quite well against other tanks."

And/or could you make armor plates, just retextured steel plates with edited configs? (higher temp)

I want to make 'spaced armor' that has just enough ablativeness to block one shot and get destroyed/dislodged from a craft in the second shot. What do you think?

FLAK 36 is needed....., for reasons.....

Which FLAK 36 do you mean? The 8.8 cm or the 3.6 cm? I'd definitely add the 3.6 cm along with the Bofors 40mm i'm planning.

The 8.8 cm is very big IMO. I might add a sub mod that adds huge naval turrets for naval fans out there.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.