[Discontinued] [1.0.x] Old School Turrets - Additional WWII Turrets for BDArmory. (Yep, with the T-34)

• 3 weeks later...

i took the liberty of updating the unity setups to the current BDarmoury, muzzle flashes are kinda underwhelming and im still sorta tinkering with configs and the like

anyway, would it be ok if i uploaded them to dropbox and put the link here?

Edited by Kowalskicore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Kowalskicore']i took the liberty of updating the unity setups to the current BDarmoury, muzzle flashes are kinda underwhelming and im still sorta tinkering with configs and the like

anyway, would it be ok if i uploaded them to dropbox and put the link here?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can, just follow these guidelines:
[url]https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/[/url]

• 1 month later...

HI, had a quick look at this mod the other day (just getting back into things after a long enforced break)  Part of the problem is related to the new coordinate system which the BD plugin uses for the turret rotation and pitch. I ran a turret  through max and unity to see how easy it would be to get working again as is, and the good news is, it's not that difficult, (just time which is something I have a lot of)

If there's any interest i can contact the author to see if its OK to do whats required, In the mean time I'll be sorting it for personal use.

The key for anyone interested is that the pitch and yaw rotations must have zero local rotation. Which was not the case previously.

On 27.1.2016 at 11:47 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, had a quick look at this mod the other day (just getting back into things after a long enforced break)  Part of the problem is related to the new coordinate system which the BD plugin uses for the turret rotation and pitch. I ran a turret  through max and unity to see how easy it would be to get working again as is, and the good news is, it's not that difficult, (just time which is something I have a lot of)

If there's any interest i can contact the author to see if its OK to do whats required, In the mean time I'll be sorting it for personal use.

The key for anyone interested is that the pitch and yaw rotations must have zero local rotation. Which was not the case previously.

I would love to use this mod again!

Hiya, well all the turrets are alive again, with some tweaks that i felt added to the fun. The tiger, Panther  and kv1 now are crew able, and classed as cmd modules.

They've all been set up to the latest and greatest BD armory plugin spec, in all honesty it''s actually easier to make a new turret now than it was before the change

I've been away from modding and KSP for the past couple of years so I'm still a little rusty, that said I think they came out quite well, had a minor disagreement with the textures so they are slightly different than those that were originally used, I do have originals sort of if anyone prefers that style.

Don't be alarmed the last two images are a couple of revived projects I worked on at the same time, they may or may not turn up in my own Boomstix mod.

I'll drop the original author a line tonight to see if it's ok to post a link to the Redux version :)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
updated below

7 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) 

You sir. Are a Gentleman and a scholar.

3 hours ago, Admiral-Helwyr said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

I loved putting these turrets on my Airships, and i'm really looking forward to having them again :)

hiya had quite a few pm's regarding these now, so expect a link tomorrow,  I would like to have had  some contact with the author but all  attempts have come to nothing.  My only reservations at this point concerns the scales of the turrets in respect to each other, but I'm sure some input from you guys can help nail that down.

Cheers all :)

NOW Fully compatible with BahamutoD's Armory v0.10.1

OST Redux

This  re worked pack contains the 6 original turrets and a new 20mm flak turret, so 7 ways to wreck the space center  all have been rotated and cleaned up to meet with the BahamutoD's Armory v0.10.1 plugins current specs, some of the effects and scales could still do with tweaking.  

Fully tested in modded ( 40mods) and unmodded ( this mod and BDA ) installations of KSP with no issues found, Please report any issues

Wirbelwind FlakTurret
 KV1
 panther
 Tiger 1
 T34
 T60
 Luchs

Enjoy

Don't  forget you need to have BahamutoD's Armory v0.10.1 installed for this to work

Old_School_Turrets_WWII_Turrets_for_BDArmory rev 3

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
new link

19 hours ago, YourCompanionCube said:

spanner could you start your own thread or is that against the rules? i ask because it would make this much easier to follow. 

Agreed the current situation is far from ideal,  but It's a bit tricky as I have had no contact or communication from the original author, as such the fix is very informal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all  the Redux of this mod is now on SpaceDock now include is a previously unseen Ju87GunPod (realises he has no image of this and runs off to get one)

Nothing new apart from the Ju87 gun pod, so if you don't really want it keep what you already have.

Once I've published Boomsticks for testing I'll redo a couple of thing here and there, with this in mind and the HUGE discontinued tag on this thread i will be supporting it and NED from the main Boomsticks thread

xxcCeBx.pngLQH5Lnp.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.