a Role-playing Sub-forum

Sampa

Hey, I was wondering, and I DO fully respect the moderators:

Would it be at all possible for a sub-forum to be made available for Role-playing only, This way, it could open up more options to people who just want to get creative situationally with other people! It could still follow the forum rules, but then you would no longer have to keep enforcing the no role-playing rule (which to some is a little senseless). WHY does that rule exist, anyway?

The reason why Role-play was banned, is because it is hard to moderate. People don't follow rules, and it takes all mod attention away.

Ya know, that is true to be fair. I guess it would be difficult to tell when one of them is being successful.

Not being symbolic of anything recent or anything.

Yup, an RP subforum was a really good idea, until the RPing wouldn't stay in the RP, the fights became frequent and large, and well chaos insured...

Hence the forum rules against RP come in.

There are a lot of free forums people can set up, I bet if you got a large enough group with the interest you could make an off-site place for KSP RP.

There are a few but I think most of them never took off.

Yup, an RP subforum was a really good idea, until the RPing wouldn't stay in the RP, the fights became frequent and large, and well chaos insured...

Hence the forum rules against RP come in.

Or as DuoDex put it: "An army of moderator wielding banhammers of infinite potency and keys to the Locked Threads."

Oh I know.

when RP was aloud it had its own sub-forum, but people would end up asking others to come to their rp and would post this on sc exchange on a craft totally unrelated or just a post in the SE asking people to see their rp.

If you wanna know more ask Red Iron Crown.

There could be a rule saying no RP outside of the RP sub-forum.

There could be a rule saying no RP outside of the RP sub-forum.

There is Rule 2.4a:

Users must make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section. Posts deemed to be in an incorrect section will be moved to a proper one

That rule existed as Rule 2.4 before RP was banned. Didn't help much.

Traditionally, links to off-site RP projects have gone in Space Lounge.

Ok, thanks! Also, would it be possible for a "To Be Continued" thing to be added at the end of the locked "War of Insanity" thread? It would really be a good show of hope that the story did not die with the thread!

Ok, thanks! Also, would it be possible for a "To Be Continued" thing to be added at the end of the locked "War of Insanity" thread? It would really be a good show of hope that the story did not die with the thread!

The thread has been locked and shall remain so. Sorry.

The thread has been locked and shall remain so. Sorry.

DuoDex, I would like to point out that I was not asking for it to be reopened. I was just asking if a moderator could just add those words at the end of the thread. Nothing more than that. I do fully realize why it was closed I am respecting that. I already alerted the OP of the situation and asked him to set up a new location to continue the story off the forums.

You're more than welcome to n link to the off-site RP in the Space Lounge, but I'm sorry to say that it's general policy not to touch threads once they've been locked, if they were locked for transgressions of the rules.

so i got a silly question that might bug a few minds around ; )

is using advertising alike kind of things in sigs are considered as roleplaying or some sort or not , like as some kind of owner or representative of a fictive companies or not ? (can't resist sorry)

Rocket Building companies are a bit of a special case, they are supposed to be more about collaborating on spacecraft designs than about roleplaying itself. I suppose one could argue that assuming different positions in a company is somewhat roleplay-ish, but it seems to cause far less trouble than the old roleplaying forum ever did.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.