Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

Have been having a good deal of trouble actually getting this to work after installing the dependencies and all the planet packs.

If you are on windows it may be that the memory limit is not enough to hold everything together :)

which kind of troubles are you having?

could you post your logs just in case there might be some compatibility issue I may have missed?

I am sure I might have just miss installed everything, but when the game launches I get a black screen with nothing on it baring bits of the UI, so nto sure /what/ broke, but something did. Let me see if I can try again and report back. Is there an "install order" that is best ala bethsoft style modding for this? or does it not matter?

My problems were few but very troubling.

1. Mun's gravity became 1g.... no jet pack fun and none of my stations had ladders sooooo... bad.

2. remote tech freaked out

3. KSP/I did not load completely... So all my FTL dreams of traveling between stars... died...

Alacrity

I am sure I might have just miss installed everything, but when the game launches I get a black screen with nothing on it baring bits of the UI, so nto sure /what/ broke, but something did. Let me see if I can try again and report back. Is there an "install order" that is best ala bethsoft style modding for this? or does it not matter?

What I would suggest is to start with a clean install, just the folder "Squad" inside GameData.

Install:

1 - ModuleManager

2 - Kopernicus

3 - GN

try to load KSP and see if everything is fine.

then I would install one planet pack at a time, loading KSP after every addition.

There's not a required order since all the mods have their own folder and nothing gets overwritten.

keep in mind that if you are using the 64bit hack for windows it may cause some problems.

- - - Updated - - -

My problems were few but very troubling.

1. Mun's gravity became 1g.... no jet pack fun and none of my stations had ladders sooooo... bad.

2. remote tech freaked out

3. KSP/I did not load completely... So all my FTL dreams of traveling between stars... died...

Alacrity

GN should not touch the stock system, other than moving its orbit to the center of the Neighborhood.

I'll check it anyways just to make sure I've not messed something up :)

also, I'm *almost* 100% sure the KSPI issue should not be GN's fault. at least, I don't see any reason why it should.

I haven't worked on RT yet, since this is still an alpha and I want to finish the core stuff before adding other bits and bobs.

Edited by Sigma88

Non of the planet packs are recommended since that would mean me endorsing a planet pack, I want the players to make the choice of "I want to use these packs rather than those packs". And the goal is to make all the working planet packs compatible.

Well I was not refering to spoecific planets pack, rather parts packs and tools which enable you to discover the galactic neighbourhood. There are several mods which allows traveling to differnt stars at either relativistic speeds, Faster Than Light speed, or Wormholes a.k.a. stargates. Also I think IRSU will become important for any wanne be explorers.

Edited by FreeThinker

Well I was not refering to spoecific planets pack, rather parts packs and tools which enable you to discover the galactic neighbourhood. There are several mods which allows traveling to differnt stars at either relativistic speeds, Faster Than Light speed, or Wormholes a.k.a. stargates. Also I think IRSU will become important for any wanne be explorers.

...For that I will need some more time. a solution I would like is making my mod compatible with the majority of those packs and yours. freethinker, will be one of the most requested I guess.

you are free to "recommend" mods if you think its appropriate. seem to me that players would be forced to use those recommended mods tho.

to me, it's better to just make the mod work with the most other mods possible. have the player make the choice of using one instead of the other.

pretty much leaving freedom of choice. limited choice is never fun for players.

arguments can be made for recommending specific mods of course, but as I said, for now I'm going to focus on finishing my mod :)

Edited by Sigma88

What I would suggest is to start with a clean install, just the folder "Squad" inside GameData.

Install:

1 - ModuleManager

2 - Kopernicus

3 - GN

try to load KSP and see if everything is fine.

then I would install one planet pack at a time, loading KSP after every addition.

There's not a required order since all the mods have their own folder and nothing gets overwritten.

keep in mind that if you are using the 64bit hack for windows it may cause some problems.

- - - Updated - - -

GN should not touch the stock system, other than moving its orbit to the center of the Neighborhood.

I'll check it anyways just to make sure I've not messed something up :)

also, I'm *almost* 100% sure the KSPI issue should not be GN's fault. at least, I don't see any reason why it should.

I haven't worked on RT yet, since this is still an alpha and I want to finish the core stuff before adding other bits and bobs.

Sigma...

My problems are most likely of my own creation... I have a total of 23 mods installed, most of them with MM versions riddled throughout and all of them of the early version, weird game mechanic adjusting, and staggered install variety. The only thing I think Neighborhood may have had a direct effect on is remote tech, but it is a little freaky to begin with.

But if it helps here is the current list.

Adv Progression COntracts

Contract COnfig

Dmagic

Dock Port Align tool

Firespitter

Hullcam

Hyper

INfernal Robotics

KAS

KIS

Kerbinside

Kopernicus

KSP/I

KSPRC

RPM

CCRPM

UNiversal Storage

Texture Replacer

Kerbin Konstructs

Gal Neighborhood

Other Worlds

Outer Planets

Sentar

KAX

Remote Tech and Remote Contracts

Active Texture Management

And everything from USI

It is a heavy load and any time it crashes I simply have to shrug and reload....Sigh... Mod addict Problems

Alacrity

Sigma...

My problems are most likely of my own creation... I have a total of 23 mods installed, most of them with MM versions riddled throughout and all of them of the early version, weird game mechanic adjusting, and staggered install variety. The only thing I think Neighborhood may have had a direct effect on is remote tech, but it is a little freaky to begin with.

But if it helps here is the current list.

Adv Progression COntracts

Contract COnfig

Dmagic

Dock Port Align tool

Firespitter

Hullcam

Hyper

INfernal Robotics

KAS

KIS

Kerbinside

Kopernicus

KSP/I

KSPRC

RPM

CCRPM

UNiversal Storage

Texture Replacer

Kerbin Konstructs

Gal Neighborhood

Other Worlds

Outer Planets

Sentar

KAX

Remote Tech and Remote Contracts

Active Texture Management

And everything from USI

It is a heavy load and any time it crashes I simply have to shrug and reload....Sigh... Mod addict Problems

Alacrity

use linux. it works sooo well, you can play for decades without a crash. just follow the guide, and try, try, try again until it works. but when it does, its sooo worth it.

Let's hope 1.1 will be released soon. Then we finally can use 64 bit Adres room and there are no more memory problems. Most likely then the biggest problem becomes mod conflicts. People will start loading mods as if their is no tomorrow, creating total chaos and unpredictable behavior

Let's hope 1.1 will be released soon. Then we finally can use 64 bit Adres room and there are no more memory problems. Most likely then the biggest problem becomes mod conflicts. People will start loading mods as if their is no tomorrow, creating total chaos and unpredictable behavior

and this is because the majority of modder do not take much time to improve compatibility.

just see what a mess you have to go through if you want clouds :)

Another single planet mod. Perhaps it's an idea to gather all single planet mod and put them into a single solar system

In the "What not to ask" for area, there is written :

" 2 - Compatibility with rescale mods or RSS"

Above it, there is written :

"Real Solar System (a shrinked version) will load in orbit around a G2V main sequence yellow dwarf named Sol."

hmhmmmmmmmmmm...

yeah

it's "What not to ask for" not "Things I will not do" :)

Thanks for this mod. Adding a second system to try to explore, and having a single mission (done with one cargo ship, one crew ship and one backup) to visit it, was epic in 0.90.

Doing the same in 1.1 will be even better. :D

Make sure to report any feedback you may have :)

what do you mean "*then* people will start loading mods as if theirs no tomorrow"? im doing it now, on Linux, without crashes. and it works pretty alright. and i have like, a ton of mods. only problem is the extremely large loading times, but hey, atleast it doesent crash :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.