Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

I think this may have something to do with Kopernicus versioning. Kronkus has a version of Kopernicus inside of it, and fully or partially overriding a new version of Kopernicus may cause this. It is happening to me too, for instance, and it isn't Kronkus causing it, it appears to be one of the other I installed...

Wait, no, it IS Kronkus. After installing each individually, Kronkus is the one that caused the space center to instead bring you into deep space (near Mun, you can see it orbit every few hundred days). If you instead try "Scenario-> Station One" or whatever with the docked space shuttle, that brings you in some area of what is likely the galactic core and unable to properly bring up the orbital map.

Also, I am getting "2 errors found in galacticneighborhood/core/StockFix.cfg" after installing Kronkus, despite no errors with everything BUT Kronkus installed. EDIT-EDIT: These errors may come from something else actually, without Kronkus and with the other systems it still shows up unreliably, but the game still loads the space center.

It is in fact the culprit, and I hoped the information was helpful in some way. Hope you list it in OP as bugged (like RSS) soon and figure out a patch :D

Edited by YagiHige

could this be the reason for all of you that are having problems with Kronkus?

hi mr chumley,

I couldn't make Kronkus load (downloading it from Kerballstuff)

I think the issue is that in your archive you have the folder Kronkus nested inside another folder called Kronkus as well

b1QnQq6.png

moving the second "Kronkus" folder into GameData solved the problem

Also, the github download is still version 0.7 (at least the name is)

Galactic Neighborhood Alpha v0.0.6

Download

[TABLE=width: 100]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]5IdGJ3n.png

@GitHub

devBuild-%40GitHub-lightgrey.svg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

report issues here

Changelog

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

[B]v0.0.6[/B]

- Fixed compatibility with RSS
- Fixed a bug of particles effect on stars

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Sigma88

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm having another problem.

I'm bad at orbits, and have been using mechjeb to do my orbits like...forever. today I tried to launch my first warp-capable ship, Pioneer I, to another star. I got it ready, manned it, placed it on the launch pad, enabled mechjeb and started to make my orbit. after a little while, I noticed the autopilot's gravity turn was far too steep for kerbin (http://imgur.com/Yq0hxD9), and chaos ensued. I stopped the autopilot and tried to make a crashlanding, however all of the kerbals died and the spaceship was destroyed. I lost 4 good people and 16 million dollars. What happened?

my theory is that because your mod essentially changes kerbol into a black hole and makes all the stars planets and all the planets moons and all the moons moon-moons, Mechjeb though I was on another planet. is there a theorethical fix for this or do I need to make my orbits manually again?

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm having another problem.

I'm bad at orbits, and have been using mechjeb to do my orbits like...forever. today I tried to launch my first warp-capable ship, Pioneer I, to another star. I got it ready, manned it, placed it on the launch pad, enabled mechjeb and started to make my orbit. after a little while, I noticed the autopilot's gravity turn was far too steep for kerbin (http://imgur.com/Yq0hxD9), and chaos ensued. I stopped the autopilot and tried to make a crashlanding, however all of the kerbals died and the spaceship was destroyed. I lost 4 good people and 16 million dollars. What happened?

my theory is that because your mod essentially changes kerbol into a black hole and makes all the stars planets and all the planets moons and all the moons moon-moons, Mechjeb though I was on another planet. is there a theorethical fix for this or do I need to make my orbits manually again?

No bother at all!

Sadly I can't help you with that. I don't see any reason why MJ should have problem reaching orbit around kerbin in GN rather than stock ksp.

The planet is exactly the same, only its position is changed... but that should not factor in the manouvre to reach orbit.

Maybe on the MJ thread they have some more insights on what is happening

I ave rss and this installed- but I only get the stock system coming up. I'll try and get a log soon.

There's a workaround required for rss compatibility

I meant to write a tutorial but had some problems irl.

I'm going to write one asap

RSS Compatibility

Real Solar System v10.3 is fully compatible with GN!

For GalacticNeighborhood to be compatible with RSS a small change has to be made to the RSS configs. I have already made contact with NathanKell and he agreed to add that particular line of code into the mod.

When the next patch of RSS is released it will work with GN out of the box. Untill that time you should download the master branch of KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem over at GitHub

this is the page:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem

this is the download link:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/archive/master.zip

Don't forget to download RSS-Textures as well!

Edited by Sigma88
yay!

Hey, I just wanted to post, that I am not sure that Kronkus or RSS is the only way to get either the deep-space space-center bug nor the loads-stock-system bug.

I am not sure how, but I have in fact gotten all the systems to load besides RSS and Kronus. Yet, I have also gotten 4 or 5 entire loads (with ATM each mod-build takes hours to even start the first time) to have that bug, Kronkus was in the first with deep-space bug, kronkus was not in the second with deep space bug, another one with neither worked, but upon putting in just tweakscale and extraplanetary launchers afterwards it rendered a stock kerbol system with no outlying stars at all, and every time either of the 2 bugs occur, ModuleManager call out 2 errors in GalacticNeighborhood/core/stockfix.cfg.

I will let you know if I get any insight into what could be giving the error, as I try to build a few more modbuilds tonight. I am trying to back them up each step, but I did once now and that backup somehow worked when I backed it up and when I modified the in-prog build and it broke, when I tried running the backup that was working it somehow had the same break. So that's life... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here is some snippets from my ksp.log, using ctrl-f to search core/stockfix...

[LOG 06:45:03.775] Config(@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN]) GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN]
[LOG 06:45:08.074] [ModuleManager] Applying node GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System
[LOG 06:45:11.207] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 246 patches applied, found 2 errors
2 errors related to GameData/GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix.cfg

EDIT EDIT: Just discovered, with a little more dissection, that Sentar Expansion causes the 2 errors somehow, EXCEPT, that it STILL LOADS all mods fine with just that alone. Perhaps it's unrelated after all. Just gotta figure out ... then.

Edited by YagiHige

Hey, I just wanted to post, that I am not sure that Kronkus or RSS is the only way to get either the deep-space space-center bug nor the loads-stock-system bug.

I am not sure how, but I have in fact gotten all the systems to load besides RSS and Kronus. Yet, I have also gotten 4 or 5 entire loads (with ATM each mod-build takes hours to even start the first time) to have that bug, Kronkus was in the first with deep-space bug, kronkus was not in the second with deep space bug, another one with neither worked, but upon putting in just tweakscale and extraplanetary launchers afterwards it rendered a stock kerbol system with no outlying stars at all, and every time either of the 2 bugs occur, ModuleManager call out 2 errors in GalacticNeighborhood/core/stockfix.cfg.

I will let you know if I get any insight into what could be giving the error, as I try to build a few more modbuilds tonight. I am trying to back them up each step, but I did once now and that backup somehow worked when I backed it up and when I modified the in-prog build and it broke, when I tried running the backup that was working it somehow had the same break. So that's life... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here is some snippets from my ksp.log, using ctrl-f to search core/stockfix...

[LOG 06:45:03.775] Config(@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN]) GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN]
[LOG 06:45:08.074] [ModuleManager] Applying node GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[RescaleGN] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System
[LOG 06:45:11.207] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 246 patches applied, found 2 errors
2 errors related to GameData/GalacticNeighborhood/Core/StockFix.cfg

EDIT EDIT: Just discovered, with a little more dissection, that Sentar Expansion causes the 2 errors somehow, EXCEPT, that it STILL LOADS all mods fine with just that alone. Perhaps it's unrelated after all. Just gotta figure out ... then.

have you followed the RSS workaround to install RSS?

also, when you installed Kronkus, did you account for this problem?

If you get modulemanager errors, send me the full log via PM, that may help me found out what's going wrong.

I have tested all the packs before releasing 0.0.6 so there shouldn't be any problems unless there were some patches in the meantime.

Now that Urania's been released, getting it working with this mod would be awesome. It would be odd for a star to just have 1 planet orbiting it, though. Sido describes the moons of Urania as planets in his post, and they feel more like planets than moons (these "moons" have their own moons!), so perhaps some reorganization of its bodies is in order? There's certainly more than enough content for an entire star system, rather than a single gas giant!

have you followed the RSS workaround to install RSS?

also, when you installed Kronkus, did you account for this problem?

If you get modulemanager errors, send me the full log via PM, that may help me found out what's going wrong.

I have tested all the packs before releasing 0.0.6 so there shouldn't be any problems unless there were some patches in the meantime.

I have downloaded the RSS master as well as it's lowest texture. It is in fact one of the systems causing problems.

I have figured out by now that Kronkus isn't folder'd right if you just merge gamedata to gamedata like most mods specifically instruct you to do. I have long since posted a plea for that modmaker to refolder next update.

I have a strong hunch that OtherWorld mod does the same thing as Kronkus at this point, I think placing the inner folder, CercaniSystem, might fix it, trying right now. EDIT: It IS IN FACT necessary to place CERCANISYSTEM and NOT OTHERWORLD folder into your game data. Leaving RSS really as the only one that isn't working, but I can wait on RSS to push the fix for GalacticNeighborhood to StableRelease.

RSS is in fact not working when just using the github master link.

All in all, I can live without those two (EDIT: one)anyway, I still got a ton of new content just from the ones that DID work. So I do appreciate it, 2 days and 18 hours of modded-game-building later.

Edited by YagiHige

Hey Sigma! I finally got enough free time to give this a try :) I took some pics. Feel free to snatch up any of them you want :cool:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Everything seems to be working great for the Tyfon system with Kronkus/Asclepius! I was worried about the transit times and the amounts of D/v needed for Interstellar travel, but things seem to be pretty feasible.

I only noticed a few (minor) issues..

The sun / Sol system has double text readouts sometimes.

Solar panels do not function around Kronkus (This might be a problem with my atmosphereTemperatureSunMultCurve in my Kronkus pack??? I don't know exactly what this does)

I also noticed that you might add New Horizons support soon. Are the compatibility patches that I added in my planet packs going to mess that up?

I have figured out by now that Kronkus isn't folder'd right if you just merge gamedata to gamedata like most mods specifically instruct you to do. I have long since posted a plea for that modmaker to refolder next update.

Thanks for letting me know. Folder issue is fixed for Kronkus :)

Edited by MrChumley

Hey Sigma! I finally got enough free time to give this a try :) I took some pics. Feel free to snatch up any of them you want :cool:

http://imgur.com/a/5EFfs

Everything seems to be working great for the Tyfon system with Kronkus/Asclepius! I was worried about the transit times and the amounts of D/v needed for Interstellar travel, but things seem to be pretty feasible.

I only noticed a few (minor) issues..

The sun / Sol system has double text readouts sometimes.

Solar panels do not function around Kronkus (This might be a problem with my atmosphereTemperatureSunMultCurve in my Kronkus pack??? I don't know exactly what this does)

I also noticed that you might add New Horizons support soon. Are the compatibility patches that I added in my planet packs going to mess that up?

Thanks for letting me know. Folder issue is fixed for Kronkus :)

Hi mrChumley.

Glad you enjoyed the mod :)

Could you send me an image of the "double text readouts" issue

I'm not sure I get what you mean...

Regarding the solar panels, that's a known kopernicus issue...

There is nothing that I can do about that...

Regarding NH, I guess your config has the line

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[New_Horizons]

If you could change that to:

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[New_Horizons, !GalacticNeighborhood]

It would save me a lot of trouble

Could you send me an image of the "double text readouts" issue

I'm not sure I get what you mean...

Regarding NH, I guess your config has the line

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[New_Horizons]

If you could change that to:

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[New_Horizons, !GalacticNeighborhood]

It would save me a lot of trouble

There is an example of what I was talking about with the double text stuff on the second to the last picture, but after looking at it again, I think I had a maneuver node right before the Pe causing a double readout :blush:

I'll get those New horizons compatibility patches updated too :)

*edit 2

@Kopernicus:AFTER[New_Horizons]:NEEDS[Asclepius,New_Horizons,!GalacticNeighborhood]

That one seems to work.

Thanks!

Edited by MrChumley

:NEEDS[Asclepius&New_Horizons, !GalacticNeighborhood]

means that if asclepius is NOT installed the patch will not work

is that intended?

also, try to remove the space after the comma,

:NEEDS[Asclepius,New_Horizons,!GalacticNeighborhood]

it shouldn't be a big issue, but you never know :)

Edited by Sigma88

Is the known kopernicus issue only known to apply to certain systems or with certain packs installed? I know solar panels do not work for me even in LKO when I use this mod.

Is the known kopernicus issue only known to apply to certain systems or with certain packs installed? I know solar panels do not work for me even in LKO when I use this mod.

The issue is a little more complicated than just "it doesn't work" but it is for all stars except the sun.

Keep in mind that in galactic network the "sun" is a new star disguised as the sun. So for now there are no places where solar panels work properly (in GN)

Keep in mind that in galactic network the "sun" is a new star disguised as the sun.

I understood that, I was unclear on what exact conditions caused the current issue. Not that I mind too terribly - it's kind of fun having to use alternate electricity generation techniques for a change.

I understood that, I was unclear on what exact conditions caused the current issue. Not that I mind too terribly - it's kind of fun having to use alternate electricity generation techniques for a change.

you can find it described here

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/90

and here

https://github.com/Sigma88/Galactic-Neighborhood/issues/10

basically, solar panels will not work untill you change star.

When you change star, they work.

for example.

since KSC is illuminated by the sun, if you go from KSC to the tracking station and load a craft in orbit around any other star

since the "scene" will move from Sun to another star, solar panels will work.

if then you quicksave and quickload, you will have a scene change, but you will not change star, so solar panels will not work

Edited by Sigma88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.