Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

I'm sorry. It turned out I had the wrong sigma binary version :blush:

I too have this problem, and there's also a problem with the massFix.cfg but the loading bar's obscuring how many errors I'm having. May I ask how you fixed yours? I've tried updating Sigma Binary, GN, and Kopernicus.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be messing anything up; that's good.

Edited by Whovian

I too have this problem, and there's also a problem with the massFix.cfg but the loading bar's obscuring how many errors I'm having. May I ask how you fixed yours? I've tried updating Sigma Binary, GN, and Kopernicus.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be messing anything up; that's good.

I can't see any problems sorry

could anyone send me some logs? that would help a lot

That problem is probably already solved (in the development version), the fix will be released in the next patch.

anyway, those errors should not affect gameplay (afaik)

Well, it worked. But the KSC was in space. I don't even... Also, I can confirm that there were like a billion errors. I removed each error file only to find 2 more... Anyways, I guess I can temporarily not play KSP... ;.;

Edited by Sir Hotdogwater

Well, it worked. But the KSC was in space. I don't even... Also, I can confirm that there were like a billion errors. I removed each error file only to find 2 more... Anyways, I guess I can temporarily not play KSP... ;.;

without any logs there's nothing I can do.

you can find KSP.log in your KSP installation folder

but if you have downloaded the development version, be careful. that is under development and it is not granted to work

without any logs there's nothing I can do.

you can find KSP.log in your KSP installation folder

but if you have downloaded the development version, be careful. that is under development and it is not granted to work

Naw, I downloaded the release version. Anyways, I'm guessing it's a problem with a ton of different planets having "ishomeworld" true.

Edit: I tried removing RSS. Now KSP won't even load. I cry everytime.

Naw, I downloaded the release version. Anyways, I'm guessing it's a problem with a ton of different planets having "ishomeworld" true.

Edit: I tried removing RSS. Now KSP won't even load. I cry everytime.

I don't know what to do at this point... I re-installed RSS, and every time I enter my save I'm looking at space. There seems to be a moon nearby, and if I time warp I can see the moon.

I'm guessing it's a problem with a ton of different planets having "ishomeworld" true.

That "problem" is taken care of in a config file included in GN.

I don't know what to do at this point... I re-installed RSS, and every time I enter my save I'm looking at space. There seems to be a moon nearby, and if I time warp I can see the moon.

where did you download RSS from? did you follow the workaround which is required for RSS compatibility?

which mods do you have installed?

did you change anything about any mod you have installed?

any chance I will ever get to see a log?

That "problem" is taken care of in a config file included in GN.

where did you download RSS from? did you follow the workaround which is required for RSS compatibility?

which mods do you have installed?

did you change anything about any mod you have installed?

any chance I will ever get to see a log?

1. I downloaded it from the RSS page, then I downloaded the fix and replaced the files. After that I downloaded the 2048 textures for RSS.

2. I have all the Galactic Neighborhood planet packs plus all the Near Future parts packs, TAC, and Bacon Labs.

3. Nope, all mods are in the same state as when I downloaded them. I didn't touch anything.

4. Still having trouble with DropBox...

1. I downloaded it from the RSS page, then I downloaded the fix and replaced the files. After that I downloaded the 2048 textures for RSS.

2. I have all the Galactic Neighborhood planet packs plus all the Near Future parts packs, TAC, and Bacon Labs.

3. Nope, all mods are in the same state as when I downloaded them. I didn't touch anything.

4. Still having trouble with DropBox...

ok, so...

regarding RSS, you don't need to download the mod from the RSS page. download the developmental version (you can find the link here)

and use that one.

if you are still having troubles it may be an installation issue, try starting with GN alone and then adding a few mods at a time, so you can find out where the issues are coming up :)

Edited by Sigma88

ok, so...

regarding RSS, you don't need to download the mod from the RSS page. download the developmental version (you can find the link here)

and use that one.

if you are still having troubles it may be an installation issue, try starting with GN alone and then adding a few mods at a time, so you can find out where the issues are coming up :)

I just tried that. I think I may have broken the game... At the tracking station, the focus changes from one body to another. I can confirm, however, that the stars are there.

Edit: I'm going to try adding Sigma Binary to see if that's the problem.

Edit 2: that didn't help...

Edit 3 (Mission log #3): It seems I accidentaly deleted the squad foldier from my Gamedata. That's probably what caused the bugged tracking station.

Edit 4: FINALLY! That was exactly the problem. :D

I just tried that. I think I may have broken the game... At the tracking station, the focus changes from one body to another. I can confirm, however, that the stars are there.

Edit: I'm going to try adding Sigma Binary to see if that's the problem.

Edit 2: that didn't help...

Edit 3 (Mission log #3): It seems I accidentaly deleted the squad foldier from my Gamedata. That's probably what caused the bugged tracking station.

Edit 4: FINALLY! That was exactly the problem. :D

lol, yeah... that folder is kinda important ;)

lol, yeah... that folder is kinda important ;)

Well you don't NEED it... lol

Edit: also, I want to ask you something. How do you choose planet packs to add into your mod? Do the developers contact you or do you choose them?

Edit: also, I want to ask you something. How do you choose planet packs to add into your mod? Do the developers contact you or do you choose them?

I have a template pm that I send to a developer to ask permission to add his mod to the neighborhood.

Some of the packs I already knew, so I sent the pm directly to the developers.

Some packs were requested by users, so I checked them out and sent the pm to the developers of those that I liked.

Developers have a certain freedom regarding the star, for example I let them choose the name and the type of the star.

I always say I reserve the right to change the name if the one requested does not fit with the mod, but untill now I never changed any names.

All the star names were suggested by the related planet pack developers.

(except for OPM since "Helios" was my placeholder name when I was testing the first release of GN, and when I contacted capt he said that I could continue use that name)

I have a template pm that I send to a developer to ask permission to add his mod to the neighborhood.

Some of the packs I already knew, so I sent the pm directly to the developers.

Some packs were requested by users, so I checked them out and sent the pm to the developers of those that I liked.

Developers have a certain freedom regarding the star, for example I let them choose the name and the type of the star.

I always say I reserve the right to change the name if the one requested does not fit with the mod, but untill now I never changed any names.

All the star names were suggested by the related planet pack developers.

(except for OPM since "Helios" was my placeholder name when I was testing the first release of GN, and when I contacted capt he said that I could continue use that name)

So people suggest planet packs and you choose the ones you like? Alright... (plots an evil scheme)

part of me wonders how many different solar systems i could get working together.... i mean it has to at least be 50 right?

There are not enough planet packs to get to 50 :)

On my potato laptop I was able to load all compatible packs at once using "force opengl" so I expect anyone to be able to load all the packs at once. ;)

Do we know if there are any timetables for the Kopernicus reparenting issues to be addressed? I'm getting major graphical glitches from trying to run this despite how much I want to, minorly I'm getting major Z-Fighting on the building textures for the KSS, like there's two copies of the same building in the same place. I'm not sure what the deal with that is. And then there was one where I'm on Kerbin, looking at Kerbin floating on the horizon.

Edited by Alkahest

Do we know if there are any timetables for the Kopernicus reparenting issues to be addressed? I'm getting major graphical glitches from trying to run this despite how much I want to, minorly I'm getting major Z-Fighting on the building textures for the KSS, like there's two copies of the same building in the same place. I'm not sure what the deal with that is. And then there was one where I'm on Kerbin, looking at Kerbin floating on the horizon.

You should ask the kopernicus devs about the reparenting issue. Last time I asked they couldn't give me an ETA.

Regarding the kerbin floating thing I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Could you post some screenshots?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.